METAL DETECTING CLUB---HUMBOLDT CALIFORNIA - HOME OF THE GIANT REDWOODS

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Stefen, good luck in your endeavor. That area of CA is sparsely populated. Relatively speaking, when compared to the rest of the state. When you figure that .... typically.... hobbyists prone to join a club (requiring getting their duffs out of their easy chair 1x p/month to drive to attend a meeting, etc...) are going to tend to be more hard-core hobbyists. Ie.: guys that really do it a lot. NOT just the type guys who buy a machine, use it once or twice, then stick it in the closet. That being the case, being as how relatively sparsely populated area you're in, you're not going to have it easy.

Seems that in this day and age, only the big cities still have brick & mortar clubs left. And even THEN they're waining in attendance :( Reason is: the internet forums began to take over as the substitute for socializing, learning, show & tells, hooking up, etc.... So today's forums are sort of like yester-year clubs, when you think of it.

OP
OP
S

stefen

Precisely my opinion also...however Mendocino County has a group of about 25 or so active members.

Thought I'd open the discussion and see what happens...

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Precisely my opinion also...however Mendocino County has a group of about 25 or so active members.

Thought I'd open the discussion and see what happens...

Hey Stefen, I'm a member of the Mendocino Lost & Found Metal Detector Club. We meet the second Thursday of every month at the Ukiah Round Table Pizza. Meetings start at 7pm. Most get there an hour early so we can chow down.
Our membership stands at about 15 members. We are having a club hunt at Caspar Beach near the town of Mendocino on Saturday May 24th at 10am, you can meet some of our members there if you want. -Mike

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Hey Stefen, I'm a member of the Mendocino Lost & Found Metal Detector Club. We meet the second Thursday of every month at the Ukiah Round Table Pizza. Meetings start at 7pm. Most get there an hour early so we can chow down.
Our membership stands at about 15 members. We are having a club hunt at Caspar Beach near the town of Mendocino on Saturday May 24th at 10am, you can meet some of our members there if you want. -Mike

Sounds like fun.... Im from Fort Bragg and we have our own little group up here that tries to get out every weekend. We will be sure to be there even if its only 2 of us :)

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Now that was a fun time.... We headed up to a school after joining the Ukiah metal detecting club and I found 10 wheats and a war nickle, plus an old token. Cant wait for the next one...thanks for the invite.

Cindi

Dec 27, 2013
california
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
I'm new to metal detecting, and wonder if the Mendocino Lost and Found Metal Detector Club still meets at the Roundtable Pizza place in Ukiah. I've had my detector for almost a year (Christmas present!) and just don't know where to go or what to do. I tried Lake Mendocino and my own back yard in Upper Lake and I'm just about addicted to the ping! I'd love to meet some folks to go out with or just learn from. - Cindi

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Stephan I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in Eureka. I haven't had much free time since I moved back up here so there is at least one more of us up in this neck of the woods! And my Dad too so that makes 3!

Freakin_Zincolns

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2017
Eureka Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Cobra Beach Magnet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there! I'm new to the area and new to metal detecting. My brother and I both are enthusiastically searching for a group here in humboldt. Definitely need some tips. All we find mostly are modern clad and junky stuff. Very few keepers. Let me know if you are still interested.

Prospector Paul

Greenie
Aug 5, 2019
California, U.S.
Detector(s) used
Deep gold detectors I've designed
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the club still exist? I live on the opposite side of California but hopefully by late 2019 / early 2020 I'll be doing a lot of nugget shooting up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread