Metal Detecting in Central Missouri and Gulf Shores, Alabama

Overkill Overkill

Feb 18, 2010
Hello all,

It's been a few years since I have been on TreasureNet.

My preferred environment to hunt is Florida beaches, but I now live in Central Missouri.

Looking for places in Missouri to hunt with a Minelab Equinox 600. Looking for a million dollars. :) I am searching for jewelry and old coins. Also wanting to go to Gulf Shores, Alabama, but shying away because of the cost to drive down there from Missouri (gas, hotel, etc.).

1) So, where are legal, watery (or even wooded) places to go in Missouri besides the State Parks? I have a State permit, but the areas the permit covers aren't a lot.
2) Also, anyone interested in maybe meeting up in central USA and driving down together to Alabama for 3 or so days and sharing expenses?

-Overkill Overkill

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to SELECT YOUR AREA > MISSOURI for more exposure.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

It's been a few years since I have been on TreasureNet.

My preferred environment to hunt is Florida beaches, but I now live in Central Missouri.

Looking for places in Missouri to hunt with a Minelab Equinox 600. Looking for a million dollars. :) I am searching for jewelry and old coins. Also wanting to go to Gulf Shores, Alabama, but shying away because of the cost to drive down there from Missouri (gas, hotel, etc.).

1) So, where are legal, watery (or even wooded) places to go in Missouri besides the State Parks? I have a State permit, but the areas the permit covers aren't a lot.
2) Also, anyone interested in maybe meeting up in central USA and driving down together to Alabama for 3 or so days and sharing expenses?

-Overkill Overkill
Those DNR permits only allow you to detect the specified swim beaches. Any other Missouri state land is off-limits, and they will ticket you if caught. Most of us around here hunt public (county or city) parks and private property, with permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread