Metal Detecting in Italy

christianc

Jun 16, 2018
Boston, MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon!

My name is Christian, and I recently graduated college. This upcoming August, I will be entering medical school. Before the year starts, I wanted to travel to Europe and experience all there is to offer.

Ever since I was a kid, I was fascinated with metal detecting and the pieces of history that can be found right below our feet. The reason I am reaching out to this forum is because I plan on traveling to Italy during the first half of July and I was wondering if any of you were planning on metal detecting near Rome?

Since I am a college student, my bank account only allows me to afford mac and cheese and a cup of coffee, but not a metal detector of my own. If you anyone is in the area, I would love to accompany you on a search and learn about something that has always fascinated me.

Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who wouldn't want to detect in Italy? I'd check to see what the laws are first however, as I believe they're very restrictive over there. Good Luck!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet. From Niagara Falls. Good luck in Italy.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard ChristianC! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
metal_detector.gif
2nd - Take a look at Sub-Forums: Italy for information directly related to your MD'ng destination!

OP
OP
C

christianc

Jun 16, 2018
Boston, MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for your quick replies! I appreciate the welcome and am excited about whats in store!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread