Metal Detecting on Long Island, NY

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Just got my Garrett GTI 2500 and am anxious to get out there and start hunting. I am looking to see if anyone on this forum is from Long Island, and if so, if that member might want a buddy to go hunting with. I've also jioned a local club and will check there as well.

Thanks in advance!

Chris / lidigger

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
HI, and welcome to the Treasurenet, your treasure await you .. ;D ;D ;D

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the T-net. This is your best hunting buddy. Ready to help and advise anytime. Go get 'em! TTC

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Port Jeff is a really old town i go to Rocky Point sometimes but its good out here on the Northfork also if you get out this way give me a shout :thumbsup: Dd60

OP
OP
lidigger

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again all. I think my profile has my email address. Let me know if anyone wants to get together and go out hunting. I've been wanting to hit some of the beaches on Fire Island or the South Shore, unless you know of a good beach on the North Shore. I've done some detecting at Cedar Beach, but it is all rocks and hard to dig.

Chris Jett

sensesfailed069

Jul 18, 2010
I'm a total newb to metal detecting, My 1st detector is actually on it's way to me right now(Ace 250) but I'm right in Greenlawn and would be willing to go out detecting with some people as long as they don't mind me tagging along as the token newb.

Fredotty

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepDiger60,
I'm new to MD and was curious of the beaches on the north shore that you frequent. Also, do I need a permit or is that only for Robert Moses and Jones? I just moved to Setauket and will be buying Fisher F4's soon.
Thanks, Fred

Svverwter

Greenie
Jul 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This posts is*very*informative.*Thank you!

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Forum, ,
There are numerous places on Long Island that are productive but some require permits.
Contact the New York State office of Parks, Recreation, & Historic Preservation at
(631) 669-1000. There is an annual fee of $40.
Nassau County Parks allow metal detecting and permits are not required.
You can also download an application for a metal detector permit for New York City Parks and Recreation. This permit is free.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread