Metal detecting video game OLD VERSION SEE 1.1

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I have been working on a metal detecting video game. I have a demo version ready, and would love to get some opinions on it. Is anyone interested in playing? Below are some screen shots. No installation required.

http://www.detectorsparadise.com/game/dpgame.zip

Forgot to include instructions, so here you go.

MENU/CANCEL: escape key (Esc)
ACTION BUTTON: Spacebar/Enter
MOVEMENT: Arrowkeys

Short tutorial: Start out by going to the shop and purchasing a detector and a shovel. Equip it by using the menu/cancel button and select equip. You can detect in any of the grass spots. There is about 7 items to find in that area. I only have the first area up and running. To view what you found, click menu and go to items.

You can talk to people, animals, and also anything in the houses you press the action button on, it will tell you what it is by your character saying it.

GENDER: Both genders are different, they talk differently, and do different stuff. ENJOY!!!

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 860
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 821
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 782
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 893

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Metal detecting video game FREE

I'd play it. :wink:

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

Just added the download link and short instructions. This is Version 1.0 and is fairly basic. Remember it's only about 5% complete just wanted to get some opinions on it to see what people thought of it. Soon you will have to upgrade to a better detector to find deeper targets, also there will be multiple items in a hole, cache's, even hazards like snakes, angry land owners, etc.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

discovery_bound said:
Just tried it out....looked good, played well, and made for a great time-killer. Keep at it and will look forward to the full game. :icon_thumright: :hello2:

HH
DB

Thank you, glad to know it's working fine. This demo is just so basic and has such a long way to go. But thought you all would like a taste of it. :icon_thumright:

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seems good. Should be interesting to see the full version when it's done.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

Looks great! Once done with it maybe you can port it to the wii system! That would be awesome!!!

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

lafatlife said:
Looks great! Once done with it maybe you can port it to the wii system! That would be awesome!!!

That would be pretty awesome.

tractorboy30

Oct 4, 2009
Ontario

Hope ya don't get mad when I say this the music needs to go wow its vary bad and you need to have a metal detector in the guys hand other then that I think ya got a good game going here thanks
Frank HH

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like fun!!

Bran <><

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

tractorboy30 said:
Hope ya don't get mad when I say this the music needs to go wow its vary bad and you need to have a metal detector in the guys hand other then that I think ya got a good game going here thanks
Frank HH

Thanks for the advice, I will change the music. :icon_thumright:

vannchan

Greenie
Mar 31, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Titan 2000xd

I would like it more if it let me use the detector. I bought it but then it said I needed one ??? when I went to detect in the grass. The inventory showed I had one.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

You have to enable the detector once you buy it. You have to hit the esc key and then equip and then click on the detector and etc. The same the shovel and pinpointer.

I can't figure out how to get past the first screen if there is one that is.

A spot for the directions would be good.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

vannchan said:
I would like it more if it let me use the detector. I bought it but then it said I needed one ??? when I went to detect in the grass. The inventory showed I had one.

Once you purchase it, press the Esc button which buys up your menu. Go to equip and select detector and press the spacebar (action button) and select the detector you purchased. After it's equipped you can cancel out of the menu and go detecting. Version 1.0 is quite basic, I am almost done with version 1.1

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isnt the walking lib a half from idk 1916on till the bennies? how doies 1885 like it say make sense?

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Sometimes I work late into the night on this game, so must have not been paying attention. Will change that text. Thanks

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Played for aWhile looks like fun.
Can,t wait to try the complete game.
HH,Mont

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread