Metal detecting will land you in the Hospital!!

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
White's VX3. (White's Spectrum XLT) (FISHER 1280-X UNDERWATER) (Whites 6000 Di Detector Series 3 Frankenstein)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started out to be a GREAT day in the water with my bud Mel. We were in the local river it was 101 and sunny, we worked at it for about 2 hours and decided to go to a hot spot for jewelry. i was on dry ground. decided i would walk back to the water to ask a couple about some leads on an old house. and slipped on some moss my feet went one way and my arm the other. I heard a loud pop and my arm went numb it felt like I had ripped my shoulder apart.....Well I was wanting to go do some more water hunting but My bud Mel thought differently.....SOOOOO did my Wife!!! I spent a good 4 hours in the hospital 18 ex rays later they said It was badly torn and I need to see my Orthopedic surgeon, so I have my arm and shoulder in an immobilizer and it is the day after the 4Th. I know all the water spots around here are full of lost coins Gold and silver. And I cant swing my detector!!! So the moral of this story is PLEASE be carfull out there and you will be able to detect another day!!

OP
OP
texwolf

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
White's VX3. (White's Spectrum XLT) (FISHER 1280-X UNDERWATER) (Whites 6000 Di Detector Series 3 Frankenstein)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allan said:
Get well soon ! Don't rush it if you have to go maybe a buddy or the wife can do it.
Thanks, I have to get better soon, as it is 59 days till the CTH in Cadwell, I am going come hell or high water!!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
allan said:
Get well soon ! Don't rush it if you have to go maybe a buddy or the wife can do it.
Get well soon! x2 . You will find out soon who the real friends are ........ Sorta like when ya get
snakebit on the butt and it comes time to suck the poison out :tongue3:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like red Said Try using the other arm!!!!! If you are able to detect and dig withe the same One!!! ;D ;D ;D

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry to hear you got hurt . But you will be right back sooner then you think .

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Sorry to hear that. Hate to sound repetitive but get well soon! Plot your next hunt while you gobble down opiates for the pain you surely must be feeling.

OP
OP
texwolf

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for everyones concern. It has been a week now and I am doing better!!! Infact Mel and I went out and got some dirt fishing done a few days ago. It hurt but I am learning to use my other arm!!!

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
Sorry to hear about your injury.......remember just don't do any half gainers off the asphalt.
Get well soon.

OP
OP
texwolf

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update on the fall. I tore 2 muscles, and the found 3 spurs that need to be cut off. I have been putting off until after the CHT4 that i would not miss unless I was dead!!! so I will go under the knife as soon as I get back from Cadwell Ks.... You just k=cant keep a good man down LOL HAHAHAHAH@!!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
TEXWOLF said:
update on the fall. I tore 2 muscles, and the found 3 spurs that need to be cut off. I have been putting off until after the CHT4 that i would not miss unless I was dead!!! so I will go under the knife as soon as I get back from Cadwell Ks.... You just k=cant keep a good man down LOL HAHAHAHAH@!!!

Good to hear!

Some years back I was up a tree looking at the river to pick some channels for detecting. Fell on my way down, greatly reducing my climb-down time. Problem was this fallen tree next to the bottom had this fist-sized branch sticking up a foot or so and it hit me square in the back of the neck, displacing that C5 and C6 connection and putting an extreme angle on them, nearly severing my nerve column. Had one good leg when I tried to get up and it hurt pretty bad. The other leg and the arms were pretty much useless from the neck injury so it was a heck of a hobble back to the car, through the river of course. Carrying what gear I could hang around my floppy neck.

It's amazing how fast that nerve damage happens but after surgery the docs told me maybe several years to get back to 80% functional. Yeah, right. I was back out there in a couple weeks. Been a few changes in my habits since then, but it's mostly good to go.

Sounds like you won't be down too much either. Go get 'em!

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
Been there, done that. Don't wish it on anyone. One thing that is very, very important. Pay close attention to and follow the rehab to the letter. Most of all, avoid doing more than you should (Most everything) after you start to feel better. It is a real danger, you will need that time to heal.

Good Luck.

Jerry

OP
OP
texwolf

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the well wishes and advice. the hard part is being a chef of a large church. there is no one to take over for me so I will have to get-er done with 1 hand tied behind my back!!

S

stefen

TEXWOLF said:
Thanks for the well wishes and advice. the hard part is being a chef of a large church. there is no one to take over for me so I will have to get-er done with 1 hand tied behind my back!!

Weenies, Gods other perfect food for the soul :laughing7:

Can be accomplished single-handedly

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
stefen said:
TEXWOLF said:

Weenies, Gods other perfect food for the soul :laughing7:

Can be accomplished single-handedly

Hot Dogs and Peanut Butter are good too!!! :sign10:

Sorry I just had to say that :sign10:

Hope you get well soon, I know what back injuries are, I have one. :coffee:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread