Mi6 Junk or did I get a lemon?

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I recently switched to the Deus 2 and ordered an Mi6 to accompany the new detector. Long story short, I wanna throw it in the trash. Let's make a Pros/Cons list.

Pros:
Connects to headphones.
Sometimes will detect metal.

Cons:
Sometimes does not switch from the detector to the pinpointer when I switch it on.

Has the sensitivity of my face after the dentist has given me a lidocaine injection.

I have to switch the pinpointer on and off repeatedly to get it to pinpoint my object even though it will go off when I test it on my shovel.

Is anyone else having these problems? Did I just get a bad pinpointer? What gives? Also for further information I have the pinpointer sensitivity set to 50 (max) and I have tried both ground balancing the pinpointer and air balancing with varying results.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
I always jump over to Amazon to read "Top Critical Reviews." The very first review on the XP Deus MI-6 PINPOINTER Metal Detector stated "...By far the worse pin pointer I have ever used. I have had Garretts for years...". Had a few more Critical Reviews on: Top Critical Review - scroll down to see others.

Now, to be fair - they had a bunch of favorable reviews as well - on: Top Positive Reviews - scroll down to see others.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
I always jump over to Amazon to read "Top Critical Reviews." The very first review on the XP Deus MI-6 PINPOINTER Metal Detector stated "...By far the worse pin pointer I have ever used. I have had Garretts for years...". Had a few more Critical Reviews on: Top Critical Review - scroll down to see others.

Now, to be fair - they had a bunch of favorable reviews as well - on: Top Positive Reviews - scroll down to see others.
I don't trust online reviews anymore as the "Paid" reviewers will dish one brand while giving 5 stars to a piece of crap.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I recently switched to the Deus 2 and ordered an Mi6 to accompany the new detector. Long story short, I wanna throw it in the trash. Let's make a Pros/Cons list.

Pros:
Connects to headphones.
Sometimes will detect metal.

Cons:
Sometimes does not switch from the detector to the pinpointer when I switch it on.

Has the sensitivity of my face after the dentist has given me a lidocaine injection.

I have to switch the pinpointer on and off repeatedly to get it to pinpoint my object even though it will go off when I test it on my shovel.

Is anyone else having these problems? Did I just get a bad pinpointer? What gives? Also for further information I have the pinpointer sensitivity set to 50 (max) and I have tried both ground balancing the pinpointer and air balancing with varying results.
I have the MI-6 pinpointer, and have ran into the similar issues-it all had to do with what software program I was using.
It would/wouldn't connect-iffy pinpointing.
Once I had the upgrade it hasn't given me any issues
50 sensitivity would be falsing something bad as 35-40 is the max
I would suggest to call Deus and they'll be of help.
1-888-627-5295

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I've had zero problems using mine with the D2. I used it as a stand-alone pin pointer with the D1 because I didn't like the delay in connecting, but with the D2 it is instant. Software update might fix it.....or you got a lemon.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had zero problems using mine with the D2. I used it as a stand-alone pin pointer with the D1 because I didn't like the delay in connecting, but with the D2 it is instant. Software update might fix it.....or you got a lemon.
The delay(lag) was an issue till they did the software update at the repair centre.
It might be a second or 2 on the turn off, but that isn't a big as it takes me longer to get off the knees.:laughing7:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I've had one over 2 years and use a nox ,it works great. I love you can charge it and it lasts a long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread