Michigan Locations - Where are you Located????

sturrat

Mar 30, 2012
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a long time ago Jon. Back when the water levels were low and I was pulling lots of silver out of mona lake

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all my fellow Michiganders. Yes, I realize that it has taken me quite a while to post on this subject. I myself reside in Richmond, MI. Anyone around that might possibly want to get together and do some digging this coming spring, please send me a message! Happy Hunting!!!

Sluice Box

EmboMichigan

Apr 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Gratiot, just north of Port Huron. Now that I'm retired I decided to get back into the swing of things (pun intended) by returning to a long-neglected hobby. Can't wait for the weather to stay decent to get back into the groove. Hoping to find area MD buddies to do this with.

Last edited:

seeker46

Greenie
May 27, 2015
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
A/T Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dan. Just joined and saw that you're in Muskegon. I'm in Jenison (just outside of GR). Any interest in joining up for a hunt?

ckobesko

Nov 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Western Upper Peninsula Of Michigan, Gathering tools for next spring! Im a newbie and had a question. Lake Superior and tributaries whats a better method, Goldbox or Keen with with pump and header?

Pete in MI

Jan 24, 2007
Houghton Lake, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer, Garrett ACE 350, Whites Bullseye II pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At Houghton Lake. Just got an Explorer SE but can't find much info about it...seems videos on YouTube and at Minelab are about non-existent. Sent you a friend request.

Pete in MI

Jan 24, 2007
Houghton Lake, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer, Garrett ACE 350, Whites Bullseye II pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a lot in common. Yep, BFO. Mine was the Garrett Master Hunter BFO with all the accessories...I was in England with the military. Oldest coins...Roman. In the US oldest coin was Chinese. I have had many detectors as well over the years...Garretts, Whites, Fisher, Minelab, Tesoro, Bounty Hunters, and can't think of any more at the moment. Got my start in detecting in the 70s and was a detector dealer/magazine article writer for the National Treasure Hunters League, Mesquite, TX. You might remember Ray Smith...owner. Been in and out of detecting over the years...keep coming back lol...I am hooked. We also seem to have the same Son as a Brother and the greatest Father anyone could have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread