Micro dream mat in gold cube??

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Anybody out there have any experience with the dream mat in the gold cube for super fine gold? 100 to 300 mesh. I do a lot of prospecting on the Missouri River the between the mouth of the Mississippi River and Washington Missouri. I just recently found a weird gravel bar that is full of very large glacier till garnets and black sands' some as large as basketballs. All my test pans on this very small bar' about 4000 sq feet. Had 20 plus colors. All other gravel bars I am lucky to get speck or two per pan. I went back and ran 20 half full 5 gal buckets' with my 5 stack cube with the tromel. The pictures is what I found. I know a lot of gold is blowing out of the cube. I panned the tailings. I am wanting try the micro and mini Dream mat in the cube. If any body has any ideas on this' or other ways to catch this super fine gold? It would be greatly appreciated.
All the best Catfish
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody out there have any experience with the dream mat in the gold cube for super fine gold? 100 to 300 mesh. I do a lot of prospecting on the Missouri River the between the mouth of the Mississippi River and Washington Missouri. I just recently found a weird gravel bar that is full of very large glacier till garnets and black sands' some as large as basketballs. All my test pans on this very small bar' about 4000 sq feet. Had 20 plus colors. All other gravel bars I am lucky to get speck or two per pan. I went back and ran 20 half full 5 gal buckets' with my 5 stack cube with the tromel. The pictures is what I found. I know a lot of gold is blowing out of the cube. I panned the tailings. I am wanting try the micro and mini Dream mat in the cube. If any body has any ideas on this' or other ways to catch this super fine gold? It would be greatly appreciated.
All the best Catfish
attachment.php
attachment.php

Check out the sawtooth mat by googling "gold cube sawtooth mat". That and plain v mat are both used in some setups at washington beaches. There the gold and abundant black sands are almost 100% minus 100 mesh.

Good luck.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sawtooth is easy to cleanout and a multi sluice below the cube will capture most of what escapes the cube. Hope you get it all!

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Beach Sand Dream Mat

I would try the Dream Mat for Beach Sands found here: mtnwestmining.com/product-page/dm2-12-x-36-beach-sand-mat
On the Dream Mat homepage I notice he's only got the original matts for sale. I wonder if he will make anymore. I had the smallest Dream Mat which was red and used for -100 mesh and gave it to a friend of mine who gets specs at the East Fork San Gabriel and he said it's the best mat he's tried. So the beach mat is the next size up and I bet this would really work good for you.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idea.....Use a Miller table(at home) to catch that fine gold ? Here ,magnified, is minus 100 ( minus pin head size specs). Their so small they are floating on water. 005.JPG

monte_rivers

Greenie
Feb 1, 2021
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the dream micro mat and mini mat in a clean up sluice. If you are classifying to 8 mesh anyway for the Cube, and have a standard flow, then I would go with the mini over the micro. The micro takes low flow. The small cells fill quickly and require 20 mesh classification for decent capture. The mini handles higher flows, has much higher capacity, and was designed for 8 mesh classification. It'll capture fine gold, plus your cool garnets. They also have a Cape D mat now. I haven't tried it but it looks like the cell size is a bit smaller than the mini. Might be a nice middle ground.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just looked at the Beach Mat from DM. Looks like a winner,
and at $128 there's little doubt they're very proud of their
product.

With all the black sands on the river and creek beaches in
my area, rather than run it there it would be easier to just fill
buckets of material classified down to -30, and bring 'em home
to run through my Gold Cube.

For me, there's not much sense in bringing home 8 mesh material
when the gold is all smaller than 100 mesh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread