Micron Gold Recovery

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I heard about a method using Sodium Silicate . Simply put Sodium Silicate is the active ingredient in various "Stop Leak" products . If you have 2 small spoonfuls in about 4 gallons and stir it with a wooden stick the tiny particles will "find" each other and bind making themselves into a larger and more retrievable size . It's very simple and the guy that "dreamed it up" has put it on You Tube . I can supply the links if anyone has an interest in the "nuts and bolts" of this . I have ordered a half liter of Sodium Silicate and will be trying this in the near future . Bear in mind that this will be the last step in the gleaning process . It looks like after you have gotten virtually all the gold out of your cons AND are faced with a winter indoors this could be done while watching TV .

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Let me explain how this system works
You have/build a portable gasoline pump (mine is 1 1/2")and filter system
Which you set up on the bank of a stream/river, etc
My filtration system is made up of nine 3" dia x 18" long sections of
pvc pipe
With a top and bottom, of course !

They are filled with Activated Coconut Carbon (ACC) particles
Water is continually, pumped thru @ about 25 gpm (Roughly, 40 psi or less)
The MICRON GOLD is attracted to and collected by the ACC
When you have collected enough MG, an hour/day, etc, you remove the Filters
AND!
Leach the MICRON Gold out of the ACCs !
PS
PLEASE!
REMEMBER that we are talking about a MICRON Size Gold
That is, INVISIBLE ! to the human eye
And That ! CAN! And does, float around in water
Not!, Flour (size) Gold .

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
cptbill,

I'm interseted in hearing about your experiences with the micron gold recovery. A friend bought a gold hunter test kit and we tried some water from a few locations. It went so dark purple it was almost black. It did this almost immediately. This is in a river that I have found alot of fines and flour in too. You can contact me either here or at my e-mail.

Mike

cesarnono13

Jun 25, 2010
Azusa, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 250
There's the Gold Lab that can separate up to 100 mesh or 150 micron from concentrates using a bluebowl. they claim they can recover even finer up to 200 mesh or 74 micron but they cant measure it with common instruments. check out the video. http://www.prospectingchannel.com/

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
Remember !
That we are collecting a size of gold, that is SO! FINE! that it cannot be seen!
(With the unaided eyeBall !)
You can't "Pan" it ! Etc, Etc,
It is ONE Step above being "Colloid" !

digger61

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
paratrooper said:
I heard about a method using Sodium Silicate . Simply put Sodium Silicate is the active ingredient in various "Stop Leak" products . If you have 2 small spoonfuls in about 4 gallons and stir it with a wooden stick the tiny particles will "find" each other and bind making themselves into a larger and more retrievable size . It's very simple and the guy that "dreamed it up" has put it on You Tube . I can supply the links if anyone has an interest in the "nuts and bolts" of this . I have ordered a half liter of Sodium Silicate and will be trying this in the near future . Bear in mind that this will be the last step in the gleaning process . It looks like after you have gotten virtually all the gold out of your cons AND are faced with a winter indoors this could be done while watching TV .

You don't happen to have a link for the video on this do you?

digger61

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Hi Bill,

I understand that you can also burn the coconut fiber for recovery instead of leaching; how'd that trip with Mad Machinist turn out?

cptbild said:
Let me explain how this system works
You have/build a portable gasoline pump (mine is 1 1/2")and filter system
Which you set up on the bank of a stream/river, etc
My filtration system is made up of nine 3" dia x 18" long sections of
pvc pipe
With a top and bottom, of course !

They are filled with Activated Coconut Carbon (ACC) particles
Water is continually, pumped thru @ about 25 gpm (Roughly, 40 psi or less)
The MICRON GOLD is attracted to and collected by the ACC
When you have collected enough MG, an hour/day, etc, you remove the Filters

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
digger61 said:
paratrooper said:
digger61 said:
You don't happen to have a link for the video on this do you?

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldrushgang#p/a/u/1/fuejIDMgnrQ

Sometimes it's referred to as "Water Glass" . If you know anyone or can talk to someone at a water treatment plant they will probably know about it . It makes metals cling together giving it weight as a solid that it didn't have as an individual "speck". It will then sink down to the bottom and get out of the way . The guy will gladly e-mail back and forth with you . I contacted him a while back and he answered all my questions . Nice guy just trying to share intel .

Thanks for that; I don't see any mention of the sodium silicate in the video.....so I guess I'm confused. ???

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't been able to get back to Bill. Between working goofy overtime and getting my truck back together, I haven't had time.

Bill,

I will get ahold of you soon. I am tracking down information on a town called Oroville, AZ that is just up the road from me. A friend had family that lived there around 1900 and they were actively mining gold there. He currently owns property right where the towm used to sit.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
Sounds like my situation !
After my trip to Colo
I decided to overhaul the Jeep's Engine (360ci) & AT (GMC Turbo 400)
Because,
After I put an OD Unit in the Transfer case
AND, During the trip, Getting 3 more MPG !
I wanted to see if I could further, increase my MPG
BY!
Modifying them both for more POWER & MPG!

But!
Unfortunately, that's JUST! where they are ...
In pieces AND More! Pieces
Waiting for me to get around to getting the machine work and
reassembly, done!

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
Anyone here still active in micron gold recovery? Has anyone else here tried recovering ionic gold? It's a lot more prevalant in the environment and is way too fine (monoatomic) to be detected with normal means. So fine that they can be airborne. They can be detected with NMR however. Once artificially grown to 8 atom or larger clusters, they can be negatively charged to attract other positive gold ions, and crystals of metallic gold can be grown.

Bob

Rockpicker1

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
stony can01.jpg cptbil,I'm new to Treasure net but, it's not snake oil or a scam. If you use the right chemicals, you can recover gold and yes platinum. I know everyone(collage taught fools) will tell you there is no platinum in states like Nevada, California and Arizona. I live in Nevada and I recover gold, platinum and Palladium. The metals I have are submicron to micron, but it was concentrated by a "Black Smoker"(look it up) I have gold, Platinum and Palladium on top of the ground. I recover about 1/4 ounce of precious metals from 10 lbs of head ore. That's .25 ounces from 160 ounces.
I'm not going to tell you that you can do the same as I do, because I have a uneke area. There are several areas where you can recover large amounts of precious metals from the ground. You just need to know how to find the areas.
I know a lot of people say they have HIGH GRADE gold when they only have .03 opt and a few people will try to tell you they have all the gold they can mine, but I'll show you what I have recovered useing 5 gallon buckets(low budget). See attached photos. For some reason I can't up load the pictures. I'll add the pictures as soon as I figure out how to get them on file.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread