Military bar pin?

Casey13

Sep 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Afternoon everyone!

I was out on a short hunt on lunch break yesterday and found a few things. The first was an old Diamond Brand embossing plate, it's like the 5th different style one I have pulled from the area. The second thing I dug was this little pin which at the time I couldn't figure out what it was because it was blank. Later last night it hit me that it could be military and did a search. I think it's a 1st Lieutenant silver bar? Either from WW1 or 2, I think maybe 1 because everything in that area is early 1900's and it's also right near a WW1 army infantry collar disc I dug a month ago. It has writing on the back that is too worn down to make out, not sure if it is sterling because it came in low on the Equinox at an 18, 19.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20220316_093903.jpg
    20220316_093903.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20220316_094050.jpg
    20220316_094050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20220316_094509.jpg
    20220316_094509.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Upvote 10

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon everyone!

I was out on a short hunt on lunch break yesterday and found a few things. The first was an old Diamond Brand embossing plate, it's like the 5th different style one I have pulled from the area. The second thing I dug was this little pin which at the time I couldn't figure out what it was because it was blank. Later last night it hit me that it could be military and did a search. I think it's a 1st Lieutenant silver bar? Either from WW1 or 2, I think maybe 1 because everything in that area is early 1900's and it's also right near a WW1 army infantry collar disc I dug a month ago. It has writing on the back that is too worn down to make out, not sure if it is sterling because it came in low on the Equinox at an 18, 19.

Thanks for looking!
The Lt bar appears to be early.I,m not an expert on them but later ones are solid,not hollowed on the back and have clutch type fasteners instead of a pin. You can see the attachment point for a pin on yours.Nice finds,I like all of those.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon everyone!

Thanks for looking!
You may already know this, but your embossing plate is for advertising for Peters Diamond Brand Weatherbird shoes. Really neat!Circa 1907-1932.

Last edited:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Afternoon everyone!

Thanks for looking!
great saves on a productive lunch break, wtg

OP
OP
C

Casey13

Sep 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks so much crashbandicoot!! Here are the other ones I've found in the past in this area.

Attachments

• 20220317_094703.jpg
    20220317_094703.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon everyone!

Thanks for looking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread