Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking about getting thanks
The table isn't a chalkboard, or slate. It's some kind of artificial material. The developer said it will not wear out when you card it with a plastic card.

The one time I got it set up correctly, the tiny gold stuck like a magnet. In his video, he taps the table with a fingertip, and says "Move", to the gold. It just stays put until he cards it into a line.

It has a flip up trap on the end you card to gold into, then use a snuffer bottle to suck it up. Once you do that, flip the trap down, turn on the water flow, and get it adjusted properly again, and you can do another run of material.

I cansider this the Rolls Royce of Miller's Tables, based on my research.

I just need practise to get it working consistently each time I set it up

OP
OP
D

Don Barton

Mar 27, 2022
The table isn't a chalkboard, or slate. It's some kind of artificial material. The developer said it will not wear out when you card it with a plastic card.

The one time I got it set up correctly, the tiny gold stuck like a magnet. In his video, he taps the table with a fingertip, and says "Move", to the gold. It just stays put until he cards it into a line.

It has a flip up trap on the end you card to gold into, then use a snuffer bottle to suck it up. Once you do that, flip the trap down, turn on the water flow, and get it adjusted properly again, and you can do another run of material.

I cansider this the Rolls Royce of Miller's Tables, based on my research.

I just need practise to get it working consistently each time I set it up
Thanks for the info

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find it fascinating that there are so many "Miller tables" on the market yet no one has actually laid eyes on a genuine Miller table

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I gave the Table another go today. This time I saw that the water can only be a slight film on the table, otherwise everything gets swept away. Getting things leveled, and an edge-to-edge film of water is really a challenge. I eventually managed to recover about half of the fine gold out of my panned concentrates.

I'm not sure I'm correct, but panning away as much black and white sand as possible, seemed to make a big difference in how the Table handled it.

I'll step away from the Table today, and try another day with the same concentrates, and see if I can get more separated. I get the feeling that you have to run things several times to get the majority of it out. I doubt you can get it all out, so I will just recycle the remains with future concentrates.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave the Table another go today. This time I saw that the water can only be a slight film on the table, otherwise everything gets swept away. Getting things leveled, and an edge-to-edge film of water is really a challenge. I eventually managed to recover about half of the fine gold out of my panned concentrates.

I'm not sure I'm correct, but panning away as much black and white sand as possible, seemed to make a big difference in how the Table handled it.

I'll step away from the Table today, and try another day with the same concentrates, and see if I can get more separated. I get the feeling that you have to run things several times to get the majority of it out. I doubt you can get it all out, so I will just recycle the remains with future concentrates.
Are you classifying your cons before running them on your miller table? If you're not, you're loosing fine gold trying to wash out larger pieces of black sand.

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you classifying your cons before running them on your miller table? If you're not, you're loosing fine gold trying to wash out larger pieces of black sand.
Yes, I'm classifying 25-49, 50-74, 100-124, 125-149, 150-174, and 175-199. I've smaller mesh, but not enough concentrates to worry about classifying any smaller. I purchased 4 inch diameter sieves down to 300 mesh in 25 mesh increments.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it fascinating that there are so many "Miller tables" on the market yet no one has actually laid eyes on a genuine Miller table
I've got a couple, one is gift from Russ, then I have a video of our old one. Then we bought the Wilfley in 2009. We're just getting it set up again at the new house in Arizona.

Attachments

• received_5219122678205970.jpeg
    received_5219122678205970.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 25

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got a couple, one is gift from Russ, then I have a video of our old one. Then we bought the Wilfley in 2009. We're just getting it set up again at the new house in Arizona.
It's difficult, even with that photo, to figure out just how that table is put together. It looks like it is an engraved piece of some kind of composite, with possibly a shaker mechanism, and of course, a water system. It looks like it has several hoses for depositing material into several containers.

Does it separate the black and white sands, sending those to one container, and the gold into another?

I guess I will Google to see if there's a possible diagram and description of the genuine Miller's Table.

EDITED: Just found a source for such a table. Gads!! $17,000. This table is for a major gold operation, not the type pf mining I do. I will try to get the cheapo rain gutter sluice with tiny vibrator working. Might be able to at least get what little concentrates I do get mostly free of black and white sands. And for about $150 which I still consider a lot of money.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It separates everything, here's a video but this guy is just running a sample. Notice the small amount of water used. I'll make a video of ours after I get it set up.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may want to try a large pan say over 3' in size. The pan can be used in a number of ways for different separation of the heavy's. I posted a thread about pan that is around 4' in size. One can easily process many hundreds of pounds at a batch process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread