Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Daily Ardmoreite
Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma

Thursday, December 22, 1904
Hidden Treasure
J. W. JOHNSON of Milo, who has good reasons for believing he has practically located a hidden treasure near his house, has found a new link by persistent work that will probably result in bringing him to the exact spot where the money was buried. A. H. CHILTON, who lives on Wild Horse Creek and is an old-timer in the county, has written the following statement and made oath that is correct: ‘One SANDY MITCHELL had possession of a chart which gave the exact location of this treasure. This was in 1870 when he was living at Eagle Pass, Texas. This chart was afterwards divided between Mitchell and SANDY FITZGERALD of New Mexico and a man by the name of MOORE. The amount of the treasure was said to be about $115,000 in gold. I saw the chart in the hands of Sandy Mitchell. It was written on Mexican parchment. I know where two of the marks are that lead to the treasure. To the best of my recollection Mitchell was in this country in 1868 for the purpose of meeting GENERAL CUSTER in an effort to subdue the Cheyenne Indians at the big fight at Cloud Cliff.’

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where exactly is 'Cloud Cliff'?

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
RGINN said:
Where exactly is 'Cloud Cliff'?

I am not exacty sure...but I think it has to do with something from Custers last stand...you know how things change over the years on locations.....but I know the treasure is suppose to be in Milo,OK....Milo is a rural community located in Carter County, Oklahoma, on State Highway 53 south of the Arbuckles. The post office opened October 28, 1899. The ZIP Code is 73401. Milo is said to have been named the initials of the four daughters of resident, J.W. Johnson.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions