Mine Audit South Llano County, Texas

cds7189

Jun 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found a rectangle shaped opening in a cliff face that is covered by foliage using a drone. The opening is above the edge of a 45-degree slope from a creek. I climbed to the opening this weekend and not far inside the entrance found several small pieces of possible Quartz with pieces of (maybe) silver in them. They were scattered around, on the floor of the audit. I also found a few pieces of dark colored stone with what looks like Gold in it, but not a professional and not really sure. I didn’t go far in to the mine and probably need better gear than just a flash light. I looked at the Annual Report of the Geological and Agricultural Survey of Texas and there aren't any old Spanish mines listed this far south in Llano county. Could this possible be an old Spanish mine they didn't find? I have permission to be on the property and have been interested in the history of the location, not necessarily treasure. I don’t want to be labeled as someone trying to find treasure, just want historical truths reviled. I’ve come to trust professionals on this site and ask that they direct me accordingly. Who should I notify or am I just wasting my time?
Mine entrance 1.jpg Mine entrance 3.jpg quartz sliver.jpeg quartz sliver 2.jpeg quartz sliver 3.jpeg Mine-1.jpeg

Last edited:

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ & Nokta Makro PulseDive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting! Please keep us informed.

Georgetown Texas T

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, did the opening look natural or man made? what looks like iron staining could be interesting too.

Last edited:

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The foliage growing at the mouth tells me it may be a natural cave used by native americans who deposited enough organic material at the mouth to grow plants. Super cool cave.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread