Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out hunting this past Saturday and was digging a signal. When I went to stand up I lost my balance and fell over on the upper part of my Equinox 600 shaft cracking the lower part of the arm cuff into. Totally my fault. On Monday Sept. 13th I called Minelab customer service and talked to a very nice young lady in the repair dept. named Holly. Here I am on Thursday morning Sept 16th in Cincinnati Oh. with a brand new armcuff in my hand just 3 days after I called and they did not even charge me for it. Unbelievable customer service.
Thank you Holly and thank you Minelab.

Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I was out hunting this past Saturday and was digging a signal. When I went to stand up I lost my balance and fell over on the upper part of my Equinox 600 shaft cracking the lower part of the arm cuff into. Totally my fault. On Monday Sept. 13th I called Minelab customer and talked to a very nice young lady in the repair dept. named Holly. Here I am on Thursday morning Sept 16th in Cincinnati Oh. with a brand new armcuff in my hand just 3 days after I called and they did not even charge me for it. Unbelievable customer service.

These kinds of actions by Minelab or any company, will grow bigger customer list.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out hunting this past Saturday and was digging a signal. When I went to stand up I lost my balance and fell over on the upper part of my Equinox 600 shaft cracking the lower part of the arm cuff into. Totally my fault. On Monday Sept. 13th I called Minelab customer service and talked to a very nice young lady in the repair dept. named Holly. Here I am on Thursday morning Sept 16th in Cincinnati Oh. with a brand new armcuff in my hand just 3 days after I called and they did not even charge me for it. Unbelievable customer service.

Yes good customer service. But still bad engineering. The cuff's break. Beach/water hunters have broken lots of them. I replaced mine before I even used it.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Yes good customer service. But still bad engineering. The cuff's break. Beach/water hunters have broken lots of them. I replaced mine before I even used it.

Maybe it is using the strap. I've never used any strap on any machine and I own two Noxes, and never cracked one of mine. If a strap actually flexes and adds tension to the ears, then that may be the culprit. Yet I do agree that there is a definite weak design, else people wouldn't be breaking them. Water hunting with the strap would logically make for tension during swings.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use the strap either, but, I had one break on me too. Minelab made it good though. No complaints about the service.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree Sheep, I have had only two interactions with CS for my 800 and Excal, both times they took care of my issue in short order

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had CS from Garrett once, they did a great job. McKinney_5900 has it right, all good companies will help out their customers.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaks well of Minelab.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had to send in my 800 for service. The control pod faded and no display on the screen. I got ahold of the repair center and emailed them my problem and sent it in. They replaced the control pod and also gave me all new shafts which I didn’t know needed replacement. All in a 2 week turnaround. I was very impressed and will stick with them in the future. Great job Minelab!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread