Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of 12:45 pm eastern time, they're still available. Just checked the website.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although it might seem unfair to the dealers, I would disagree.

As a whole we don't know which dealers are shipping and how many. While watching this forum and social media my guess is that dealers are also shipping the Equinox at a increasing pace. My perception is that Cabela's method of popping the item on then removing it, is exactly like those dealers who have a no commitment waiting list where they simply email those on the list once they know they have a shipment inbound, or have received actual product. My guess is that Cabela is not receiving large numbers of the detector.

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up on this! I pulled the trigger on the 800 , I have been wanting a new detector for a while and this seems to fit the bill. I have had my eye on it since the release announcement, I wanted to wait and see reviews from users , I might be jumping the gun a little but so far I have seen nothing but good reviews from experienced detectors.

I would be skeptical about the shipping time 4-7 days from cabelas too ,but Thanks to Laidback4sho , his experience from his order I am hopeful it will arrive in a week or so. Unless something has changed Cabelas is drop shipping them from the minelab warehouse so I assume they will only sell as many as they are allocated to drop ship. Fingers crossed at least.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up on this! I pulled the trigger on the 800 , I have been wanting a new detector for a while and this seems to fit the bill. I have had my eye on it since the release announcement, I wanted to wait and see reviews from users , I might be jumping the gun a little but so far I have seen nothing but good reviews from experienced detectors.

I would be skeptical about the shipping time 4-7 days from cabelas too ,but Thanks to Laidback4sho , his experience from his order I am hopeful it will arrive in a week or so. Unless something has changed Cabelas is drop shipping them from the minelab warehouse so I assume they will only sell as many as they are allocated to drop ship. Fingers crossed at least.
I was highly skeptical as well. It said 4-7 business days and I was like yeah right, because everybody else worldwide was backlogged. This was on Friday the 9th. On Monday, I received a tracking number. Then last Friday, it was at my door. With it still being early in the week, you should have a tracking number before the end of the week.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too ordered one, based on laidback's reassuring report. I want this thing so stinkin' bad that I am going against my own warning. Fingers crossed.

robmenn

Nov 3, 2014
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a 600 for $617.48 taxes and shipping included!! Sweet deal! I hope it comes in the 4-7 day time frame.

1afox

Jun 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 600 is now sold out again as of 5:16pm Eastern time. Looks like the 800 is still in stock.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My dealer, a forum sponsor, informed me I was next to get one. We have both waited months to get them in and I’m not going to cancel my order just to get it sooner.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m gonna sit on the fence and watch the rodeo.
FAB7A283-B2E9-4143-B179-CE2163AF9BDA.jpeg

Not convinced it’s the best thing since sliced bread...I like French rolls better..L :laughing9: L
27F091A3-3AE0-4F63-ADDE-BE7DBE8DD304.jpeg

Cheers

ACE15E06-18BF-44E3-B4FA-AA58F3A3D607.jpeg

OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to a person in front of me cancelling I am now 1st for a EQ600 from my dealer whuhuu. Hurry up second shipment!!

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was highly skeptical as well. It said 4-7 business days and I was like yeah right, because everybody else worldwide was backlogged. This was on Friday the 9th. On Monday, I received a tracking number. Then last Friday, it was at my door. With it still being early in the week, you should have a tracking number before the end of the week.

Thanks for posting how fast you received it , helped sway my decision to order it when they became available again.

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 600 is now sold out again as of 5:16pm Eastern time. Looks like the 800 is still in stock.
That is good news , makes me think they will probably only accept orders that they can have fulfilled.

I hope everyone that has been waiting on preorders gets theirs soon too.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both models sold out as of 6:30 pm EST.

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabelas offers a 5% discount for veterans. Aside from the discount they are pretty good to the military. I appreciate any company that does this and would support them.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very serious suggestion for any potential buyers. If you are looking for gold and other small objects deep, I would buy the 800. It's top frequency is 40 khz. The 600's top frequency is 15 khz. My own lawn is a bizarre place. My kids lost tons of metal there, I lost a lot of coins cleaning out the cars and not being careful about it, the 1890's house at the top of the hill threw a lot of stuff down over the hill including silver coins and rings. The 1780's house at the other end of the property has provided a few late colonial items. When I had my single frequency 15 khz machine and my other single frequency machine about 5 khz, I found some of the big stuff, coins by themselves, toy cars, sinkers from the boat, etc. Since the last machine purchase last August, I have killed it running 28khz and 74 khz. I am now pulling out gold, silver, small brass objects way deep, etc. There are still surface coins, toy cars, aluminum cans I hit with the lawnmower (deliberately) and sinkers, good Lord, enough of the sinkers already.

The 40khz setting on the 800 is going to lay the EQ 600 to waste regarding gold, silver and small relics that are deep.

I would sincerely suggest you get the 800. It will have way more potential.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is offering a 15% discount guaranteed through dealers to veterans. No idea why Cabelas is not honoring something that Minelab will assure won't affect their bottom line. I suspect some Cabelas employees can't be bothered to go out of their way to figure this out. Bottom line though, my perspective is that they are actually short changing vets. That and the adverse impact that this has on the dedicated hobbiest dealer (cancelled orders and so forth) means they will not have my Equinox business. Sticking with my dealer.

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad I missed this by an hour[emoji23][emoji23] All dealers I have checked with are charging full msrp at this point so this cabelas route is a good option for anyone who didn't get in early. Too bad I have missed the last 2 times they came back in stock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread