💵 FOR SALE Minelab Equinox, CTX 3030, & Garrett APEX/AT/Ace shafts IN STOCK (black, and colors)!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab Equinox, CTX 3030, & Garrett APEX/AT/Ace shafts IN STOCK (black, and colors)!

Hi all!

Just an update that I have received several shipments of carbon-fiber tubes, and now am very well-stocked with tubes of all colors and sizes. So, if you need a new, carbon-fiber shaft for your Equinox, CTX 3030, or Garrett AT/Ace (or APEX), either in black, or in one of several different colors, please let me know. I can of course custom-build as well, should you have any specific needs, and can also do custom Sovereign and Excalibur shafts in a couple of different styles.

Finally, I continue to expand into producing carbon-fiber sand-scoop handles; currently I have them available for T-Rex scoops, and within a week will be able to produce for Stealth and Xtreme scoops as well. I've also done "one-off" custom handles for a couple of other sand scoops, including Sito scoops and others, and I've done a few in different colors, as well.

Of course, my unique, custom counterweight system is also available for the Equinox shafts, and I have Jeff Herke aluminum arm cuffs also available for my Equinox shafts (and Excal/Sovereign) as well.

If you are in need of a shaft or scoop handle, custom or standard, colored or black, two-piece or three -- whatever your needs, please contact me, and I'll do my best to serve you in a timely manner, with friendly/trustworthy service, and with the high-quality shaft, rod, or handle you are looking for at a fair price.

Thank you!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

I have carbon-fiber tubes in stock in an array of colors, for all models of shafts that I build. I also have plenty of sand scoop handles in stock as well. So, if you are interested in a standard shaft, a custom build, a scoop handle -- whatever your need may be, I'd be happy to take care of you.

Thanks!

Steve

coloredtubes.jpg

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

Just an update that I have a good supply of black tubes, along with tubes of various colors, in stock, and ready to build a shaft for you to meet whatever needs you may have! Custom builds are always welcome as well!

Thanks,

Steve

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I own two EQX shafts and a scoop shaft for my Stealth 920...they're the best I've seen and used since I bought my first detector in 1970.

Just the view from my foxhole....

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words, Dan! I very much appreciate the compliments!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, just wanted to note that I have plenty of shafts in stock, for both the Equinox and Garrett AT/ACE series machines, and carbon-fiber scoop handles are in stock as well. If you have any holiday shaft/scoop handle needs, including custom builds, just let me know, and I'll be happy to serve!

THANKS!

Steve

coloredtubes-inproduction.jpg

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you make simplex and vanquish shafts?

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rad1sh -- thanks for your inquiry. I'm sorry, but I don't make shafts for those units. Reason being, they don't use round tubes, and the issue there is that to make a shaft with non-round carbon-fiber tubes, it requires a mold -- and that mold is pretty costly. So, at this time, I only make shafts for machines that use round tubes...

My apologies that I can't be of more assistance at this time.

Thanks!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
djqix -- thanks! :)

Steve

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know. What do you charge for shafts for Equinox 800 and or I have a sand scoop with a 18 or 24 inch handle. Any hope of extending it some how?
Jim

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jamest64 -- I have a number of different shaft options available for the EQX 600/800, plus the option for you to customize the shaft, if you require. So, pricing is dependent, to a large degree, on a number of variables. At the most basic level, my "standard," black complete shaft for the Equinox runs $129, plus $11 shipping. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

As for the sand scoop handle, I'd have to have a good bit more detail, to determine if there were some way to extend your scoop's current handle. It's something we'd have to discuss, but in general would likely be difficult to do. But certainly, I'd be glad to discuss it with you, and try to brainstorm a solution.

Thanks!

Steve

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks steve, I will send you a message after Christmas. Take care, Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
James,

Sounds great! Thank you!

Steve

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve
So, funny stuff. Guess what my wife and daughter bought me for Christmas???? Nokia Makro scoop but no handle.....So, need a handle.... want it to be at least 4 feet long. Also need to be able to take it apart to fit into my MD bag. Probably like a handle on it too. Searching lakes here in Michigan mostly. Have some access to Florida but never detected there yet. What are my options????
Nokia Makro Scoop.jpg

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jamest64 --

Nice-looking scoop!

The good news is, awhile back, I spoke with Dilek at Nokta/Makro, about their new scoops, and confirmed with her that my 35mm scoop handles (my standard size) would work with the new Nokta/Makro scoop, and they WILL -- so that's the good news.

The bad news is -- you said you wanted at least 4' long, and mine measure 46 1/2", an inch and a half shorter than your "minimum." Also, it sounds like, if I am reading it right, you would like a two-piece handle?

Two things I will say...

1. I CAN build you a handle longer than 48", but it would have to be a special-order (I'd have to special-order the CF tube), and I COULD build you a two-piece, but...

2. I would not recommend a 2-piece handle for "everyday use" on a rocky-type beach. Most scoop handle manufacturers acknowledge that a two-piece is not as heavy-duty as a one-piece; adding the threaded joint adds a weaker point in the shaft, than would be the case with a one-piece. If you told me that you beach hunt on sandy beaches a couple of times per year, when you fly to your destination, then I'd say a two-piece scoop handle would be a fine choice. However, if you want to have an "everyday" scoop handle, for rocky beaches where prying, etc., will be required at times, I'd definitely recommend a one-piece.

I'll attach a couple of pictures of my one-piece handle, at the bottom of this email.

Thoughts?

Steve
Steve's Detector Rods, home of Equinox and CTX 3030 carbon-fiber shafts and rods
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods
email: [email protected]

handle1.jpg

handle2.jpg

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Steve, so you read me right. Sometimes I write this stuff with too much haste. I think we are on the same page. I am about 5' 10" tall. Want to be able to stand in 3.5 to 4 feet of water and still function in the water. Actually all this came to be because a friend lost an earring in a local lake in Traverse City MI. So, I went out to find it with my short handled tool and realized I would have to put my head under water to dig. Not a huge deal for a friend, but irritating over the course of an hour and never did find it. So, I think I need a shaft to fit into the bag and be long enough to be looking in about 4 feet of water. occasional use for now. I retire next year and then I will be a bit more mobile before getting a new job. Anyway your longest handle, not worried about an inch might be OK. Does the fiberglass ever come off on your hands like tent pole fiberglass? Ouch. I assume it is coated with something? You can send private message if you wish. Thanks for responding so quickly.
Jim

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
James,

Feel free to contact me -- either via PM or via email ([email protected]). I'm happy to work on getting you fixed up with what you need.

These handles are carbon-fiber, not fiberglass, and yes they are coated -- so not risk of anything "coming off in your hands." You are good there. To do a two-piece would require a special order, as I'd need to get the threaded fittings from my supplier, but I'm more than happy to do so for you, if that's the route you'd like to go, it would just require a wait.

If you would like to proceed, send me an email or PM and we'll see what we can do to get you taken care of.

Thank you!
Steve

Last edited:

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Steve, thinking what to do. I will let you know when the time comes. Thanks a bunch.
Jim

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: