Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab X Terra
Minelab 5000
Gold Monster
MineLab GPX 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my "modded" MineLab 5000/coils/ etc. a few months ago with the goal of getting one of the new ML GPX6000 machines. These are my thoughts. I bought it at the end of August 2021 but didn't get out until the second week of November. I live in AZ - was way too hot. Went to Quartzite, AZ on my first outing with the 6000. Used it four days. The fourth day I got my first nugget. 0.6 grams and about 4 inches down. Very strong signal in a trashy area. I love the machine.
Pros- Light weight (I can swing it for hours w/no problem), hits on all targets whether deep or shallow, headphones are wireless so there is no cord, simple controls
Cons-the fourth day I started to get some weird interference detecting in the same area as before, and, the detector had a noise inside as I turned it over. Yikes. Sent it to ML service center in PA. Cost $180 for UPS shipping and insurance. ML center said there were 2 loose screws in the machine. One off and the other almost off. And, the headphones went bad. They replaced the headphones and fixed the screw problem. But - they have chosen not to reimburse me the $180 for UPS. The machine is great - but the quality control and customer support leaves much to be desired. My thoughts.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to FORUM BRANDS > MINELAB for more exposure.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold my "modded" MineLab 5000/coils/ etc. a few months ago with the goal of getting one of the new ML GPX6000 machines. These are my thoughts. I bought it at the end of August 2021 but didn't get out until the second week of November. I live in AZ - was way too hot. Went to Quartzite, AZ on my first outing with the 6000. Used it four days. The fourth day I got my first nugget. 0.6 grams and about 4 inches down. Very strong signal in a trashy area. I love the machine.
Pros- Light weight (I can swing it for hours w/no problem), hits on all targets whether deep or shallow, headphones are wireless so there is no cord, simple controls
Cons-the fourth day I started to get some weird interference detecting in the same area as before, and, the detector had a noise inside as I turned it over. Yikes. Sent it to ML service center in PA. Cost $180 for UPS shipping and insurance. ML center said there were 2 loose screws in the machine. One off and the other almost off. And, the headphones went bad. They replaced the headphones and fixed the screw problem. But - they have chosen not to reimburse me the $180 for UPS. The machine is great - but the quality control and customer support leaves much to be desired. My thoughts.
So did minelab ever reply regarding costs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread