❎ SOLD Minelab Koss UR30 Headphones (need new cord)

Bayard

Oct 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 probe, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found another pair of these headphones in the closet. They worked great until the signal started intermittently cutting out. They need to have a new cord installed. The wire has some kind of internal break near the plug. You can wiggle the wire there and get the signal to go in and out.

These headphones are reputed to have a lifetime warranty, or, maybe you have the ability to fix them yourself. Instead of fooling with them, I'd prefer to sell them for $20 delivered.
s-l1600.jpg

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll take them. Let me know by PM if you take Paypal and where to sent Paypal, or which way to pay. Thanks, John

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, warranty is 3 years.

OP
OP
B

Bayard

Oct 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 probe, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FYI, warranty is 3 years.

Do you have a source for that? I believe you're talking about the Minelab warranty, not the Koss warranty.

I talked to the factory a year ago and was told every headphone made after July 1989 had a lifetime warranty. I'm not looking for an argument. I just want accurate information for everyone.

Here's the email I received from the factory on 2/16/16.

"Thank you for contacting Koss Stereophones!

Your product is covered under the Lifetime Warranty. Please review the steps below to obtain your warranty.

Stereophones that were purchased after July of 1989 are covered by our Limited Lifetime warranty.

Please send your stereophones to our Corporation and we will repair or replace them in accordance with our Limited Lifetime Warranty.

If you are sending from the U.S., our address is: 2-3 week turnaround
Koss Corporation
Attn: Warranty Return
4129 N. Port Washington Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53212
You may also visit our Milwaukee location if you are from the area.

For all Canadian warranties, please send to: 6-8 week turnaround

Koss Stereophones
Attn: Service Department
P.O. Box # 532
Bellefeuille Branch,
St. Jerome, P.Q.
J5L 2N4

This is a mail-only drop box. Canadian residents can also send their headphones directly to our US address.

Please include: $9.00 for US warranty or $10.00 for Canadian for the return shipping and handling per stereophone (money order, cashier's check, or personal check: payable to Koss Stereophones), a note describing the failure, as well as your contact information: return shipping address, phone number and email.

We recommend that you keep your tracking information on file. If you would like to check the status of your warranty, please call our customer service rep at 1-800-USA-KOSS x771.

Thank You,

Koss Stereophones
Customer Support
1-800-872-5677 x771
www.koss.com"

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My comment is on Minelabs warranty....

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
I can fix these my self, so I didn't plan on the warranty and no warranty needed. Thanks

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Got them fast. Look fine. Thanks, John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread