Minelab manicure vs xp deus 2

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just can’t be as good, now they are saying price is the same and performance equals deus 2, very unlikely, it’s not good at separation in iron, emi still isn’t stable, waterproof is yet to be determined. So they should field test it against its own and show its better than the 800 before they go all in against the xp deus2.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are crowdfunding the Manticore through pre-orders so don't count it out yet. It's been conceived, is gestating, but no delivery date. We know the father is Nox 800. Will definitely find gold for Minelab.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Manticore hasn't even been released yet. It already beats the Nox 800/600 with the addition of the conductivity and ferrous scale and I'm not trying to put the Nox down, I own one.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Deus II vs. Manticore vs. keeping my cash and continuing to use my Nox 800 is keeping me up at night. If the new machines are 10% better, I could get ahead by using my 800 and trying 20% harder to find treasure. Work on improving my swing. The user's mind is still the best detector accessory.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody is saying minelab doesn’t make quality machines folks, the fact is they are trying to compete with the xpdeus 2 correct, so the price is on, first of all some experts say they should field test it against the 800 first to prove its better than there are claiming before they compare against a xp deus 2, I take all facts not rumors, its supposed to be released in November folks, so display screen is great but it always comes back to performance, REMEMBER THEY SAY ITS EQUAL OR BETTER THAN XPDEUS 2, I want to see it perform against the 800 first, then we can go on to next step. Just getting ahead of themselves folks, emi, water problems better be solved. Come you can sell some macHines but your putting your neck out there when comparing to the top machine curr. Look test it against the 800 remember they said it’s deeper etc, prove it.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter you say it’s better than 800, where’s the head to head test, can’t just say oh well, treasure hunter I can sell you a car just because of looks , aren’t you concerned about test driving it. im not worried about loyal buyers, testing against your own machine would be a start to prove something

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter you say it’s better than 800, where’s the head to head test, can’t just say oh well, treasure hunter I can sell you a car just because of looks , aren’t you concerned about test driving it. im not worried about loyal buyers, testing against your own machine would be a start to prove something
49er, the addition of conductivity, and ferrous readouts makes it better than the Nox, those who have owned the Explorer, ETrac or CTX 3030 understand what that additional information gives you, adding these readings gives you much more information on the target. It has an improved version of the Multi-IQ motherboard as well as target trace which is a nice feature the 3030 had.

The Explorer II was an improvement over the Explorer, and the Explorer SE was an improvement over the Explorer II, and the ETrac was the top of the line and an improvement over the Explorer SE until the CTX3030 came alone which was an improvement over the ETrac.

Each release of the Sovereign Series detectors was also an improvement over the previous version.

Look at your opening statement, "performance equals deus 2, very unlikely, it’s not good at separation in iron, emi still isn’t stable" All on a detector that has not even been released yet.

Here is some more info on Manicore

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said it case closed, if they expect a November release and can’t field test it against there own 800, look if you take peoples word in this life your ass going get ripped off. So it’s not worth buying at the same price as deus 2, why be fools and buy it, for the reasons you stated. To many loyal stupids, it’s there money, I’ve yet to see banner finds, epic finds from the deus to justify the price also. U got money go buy it, if you ain’t a serious detectorist your a fool, give me your money show me the finds. maybe people just don’t no how to use these machines could that be possible these experts testers from companies have yet to field test in conditions, all here say, I don’t spend money on here say, thanks

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You said it case closed, if they expect a November release and can’t field test it against there own 800, look if you take peoples word in this life your ass going get ripped off. So it’s not worth buying at the same price as deus 2, why be fools and buy it, for the reasons you stated. To many loyal stupids, it’s there money, I’ve yet to see banner finds, epic finds from the deus to justify the price also. U got money go buy it, if you ain’t a serious detectorist your a fool, give me your money show me the finds. maybe people just don’t no how to use these machines could that be possible these experts testers from companies have yet to field test in conditions, all here say, I don’t spend money on here say, thanks
You keep harping about machine=finds.
If it's not a banner find, then the machine isn't worthy of the price.
Geez I see folks claiming they've owned X amount of machines.
Yet they never post up Banner finds.
So if we go by your theory, no machine is worth their salt then.

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure the colonial Puritans I detect for left any banner finds. They probably had holes in their knee socks, clothing was all black or white, and their mules probably needed shoes. They did leave me some buckles however.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er, please post by our rules.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s obvious folks nobody is replenishing the earth with gold and silver coins, nobody. So you better go talk to a 200 year old tree to give up some secrets, or go into the water where nobody goes, luck is part of this hobby, this is a worldwide site however I’m more interested in America. I want to here from the serious people that go off the grid after early foundation. If you want old you have talk To either 200 year old dead people, or a 200 year old tree. my point is not many test the lengths of this desire. Anyone living from the 1890s that can give up the secrets.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepperj, why do you buy another machine for, to hopefully find more or better stuff, why keep buying detectors if they don’t improve finds which they claim, u buy a fancy car with more stuff I say so, what’s the point of metal detecting if your not trying to learn and educate yourself, a heck of a lot of wasted time, I’m honest I don’t have money to buy the equipment that’s suppose to offer better performance, but I go slower. Just prove to the public that all the hype these companies r making isn’t making significant difference in finds

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepperj, why do you buy another machine for, to hopefully find more or better stuff, why keep buying detectors if they don’t improve finds which they claim, u buy a fancy car with more stuff I say so, what’s the point of metal detecting if your not trying to learn and educate yourself, a heck of a lot of wasted time, I’m honest I don’t have money to buy the equipment that’s suppose to offer better performance, but I go slower. Just prove to the public that all the hype these companies r making isn’t making significant difference in finds
Why are you so concerned and negative about what other people are interested in or buying since you're not interested in it.

I have had several different ML Sovereigns, each one was an improvement over the previous model, had Safari then the ETrac, which was an improvement, then the 3030, again an improvement, and then the Nox.

I have also owned all 3 Excal models as well, the Horseshoe, 1000, and Excal II.

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
Nobody is saying minelab doesn’t make quality machines folks, the fact is they are trying to compete with the xpdeus 2 correct, so the price is on, first of all some experts say they should field test it against the 800 first to prove its better than there are claiming before they compare against a xp deus 2, I take all facts not rumors, its supposed to be released in November folks, so display screen is great but it always comes back to performance, REMEMBER THEY SAY ITS EQUAL OR BETTER THAN XPDEUS 2, I want to see it perform against the 800 first, then we can go on to next step. Just getting ahead of themselves folks, emi, water problems better be solved. Come you can sell some macHines but your putting your neck out there when comparing to the top machine curr. Look test it against the 800 remember they said it’s deeper etc, prove it.

If you check youtube, there is at least 1 video , comparing the Manticore to the Equinox 800.
There is also a youtube video of the XP deus2 vs. the Manticore, and the Manticore performed better than the deus 2.
The Manticore performed quite a bit better than the deus 2, both in seperation, and especially depth.
Im sure once the product is released , there will be many more videos.
The Manticores screen quality, audio quality, and the addition of the 2D screen, really set it apart from the deus.
No comparison in my opinion.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buing a new machine is like digging your find - you will not know until it is in your hands. There is no point predicting based on advertisements - basicaly.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 'm looking forward for the testers to do their comparison between the Deus 2 & the Minelab Manicure. I mostly relic and park hunt and I don"t think it's going to be that much of an upgrade over my current Nox 800 & Deus 1 to purchase the latest & greatest. I'll probably just wait to see if Minelab is going to have a replacement for the ctx 3030 .

Last edited:
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter you really must have to much time on your hands, I don’t care if you tie a broom handle to a paper plate and found gold. The site is about teaching, learning offering advice to help. Not promote products that haven’t been proven yet. Example before you brag and want to compare to another companies product, I suggest they minelab test it against there own specific 800, why it had problems fix those, show that you did first before you market a machine that suppose to be better than them, they didn’tprove they fixed, water, emi, on the 800. Th come on I like proof you being a military person should appreciate that, or would you just take someone’s advice go test this helicopter we think you will be ok, so you be open minded, go use your cell phone to detect I don’t care, I’m for the hard earning user sir , most don’t have unlimited funds maybe you do, think of end user just not pushing every product that comes along like it’s god, that’s not good for business in my mind, thankyou

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also understand some people like relics more than coins, that’s everyone prerogative, buckles, spoons, buttons, early people might not have had money but they did have clothing, spoons, tools etc that go way back, thankyou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread