Minelab manicure vs xp deus 2

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Manticore will be a few yeares in the stores until we learn all its properties, by than there will be another top-of-the-world brand new detector you will not be able to live without it, and you will be able to tell so from the advertisment, contracted testers and producer's PR. Well, it helps to use your oven IQ and use what you have, not what you are told you have.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Just can’t be as good, now they are saying price is the same and performance equals deus 2, very unlikely, it’s not good at separation in iron, emi still isn’t stable, waterproof is yet to be determined. So they should field test it against its own and show its better than the 800 before they go all in against the xp deus2.
I once tried that and nearly tore off all my fingernails!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pepperj, why do you buy another machine for, to hopefully find more or better stuff, why keep buying detectors if they don’t improve finds which they claim, u buy a fancy car with more stuff I say so, what’s the point of metal detecting if your not trying to learn and educate yourself, a heck of a lot of wasted time, I’m honest I don’t have money to buy the equipment that’s suppose to offer better performance, but I go slower. Just prove to the public that all the hype these companies r making isn’t making significant difference in finds
So the Lada mechanic is giving advice to the Bentley mechanic about how a car can get from point A to point B.
True
Both have the same basics that make them road worthy, to do the trip
True
But it basically stops there.
One is mass produced, and the other is just plainly quality made.
One is cheap
One is overpriced (some will claim)

I have been swinging detecters for over 50 yrs now
Bought the best model that 3 companies had to offer at the time.
Whites From the Goldmaster-Golden Eagle
Minelab Explorer-SE-Etrac-CTX-?
Deus l-?

Have 4 machines now but that might be shaved down-maybe not.
I don't loose sleep over what sits in the storage.
Each served it's purpose
All have an extra coil (except the Explorer)

The question mark is the next detector.
My mind isn't made up yet
Though it's a free machine not going to cost me anything basically.
(Scrap thread explains that one)

If I am spending time enjoying what I have been doing since a young lad, I'm going to be doing it with the Bentley model.
Never been interested in the Lada line up of autos.

Will the next detector find a "Banner find" :dontknow:

Basically what I am trying to say is, you dish the high end, while operating the mid-line range.
You are comparing models that are in the field, to a model that is still basically not released.
So that alone is a useless endeavour on many levels.

So what you can't afford something it doesn't matter in the equation.
I've seen finds from folks that could of bought 2-3 level higher machines but didn't because they know the machine they're swinging like their right hand.
(One old buddy showed me his multi-yearly take on silvers, 3-4 hundred per year-swinging an SE.
Why not buy a CTX? Nope-I know this one can hit the silvers nicely)

I'm still learning the Deus l.
I have yrs on the machine, but still I can learn certain settings to tweak out a find.
Not a "Banner Find" but a couple of nice keepers from a site that I have hit more times than I can count.
These are the sites that the new ? machine will go to first, just to see if I can get another non-ferrous target.
A self challenge-proving to myself that it's the machine-not the crappy operator swinging the machine.
(Yesterday 2 non-ferrous targets that got a photo=4 hrs of detecting)
The 1.5 acre site is just about ready for the new ? machine.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it’s not what you can afford, it’s not about being jealous, all I ever wanted to see was how much more these machine have improved on the findin, ive heard deeper, iron separation and so on, I’ve yet to see anything else but the normal finds. You might say what do I want to find, well I ask you why sell a machine for 500 dollars more when it doesn’t perform as advertised, come on I want people to find stuff, the obvious is deeper, and separation from junk, illlearn the rest, I don’t pay for cosmetics I pay for performance as in finding items, thankyou

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it’s not what you can afford, it’s not about being jealous, all I ever wanted to see was how much more these machine have improved on the findin, ive heard deeper, iron separation and so on, I’ve yet to see anything else but the normal finds. You might say what do I want to find, well I ask you why sell a machine for 500 dollars more when it doesn’t perform as advertised, come on I want people to find stuff, the obvious is deeper, and separation from junk, illlearn the rest, I don’t pay for cosmetics I pay for performance as in finding items, thankyou
You are not going to see that info until detector is released, all you have is a few reviews from a couple reviewers who may or may not be bias based on relationships.

The problem is you attack people who have expressed interest in detector including attacking me because we don't agree with your parameters to buy. You have no intention to buy and yet you bash the new detectors before it is even released and attack and insult anyone who expressed interest. Please stop attacking members and insulting them.

I have never see Minelab put out a detector yet that was not an improvement over previous released models and detectors nor have they failed to meet expectations or advertised features.

Minelab is the leader in detectors, and they earned it.

I finance my purchases by selling my previous owned detectors, between the 15% military discount and my used detector sales my new investment is not really that much.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t attack people, I’m very nice person, you don’t listen carefully sir, I said minelab is good but evidently you would a product without it being tested properly, not bashing you or them, buy everything, aren’t you conscious of what you buy ever. You don’t no what machines I have or buy, you just made a statement I have no intentions to buy, your finally correct, the xp deus 2 is better how’s that sir, i don’t call people names , sir how much money do you think have or do you no that to. Your the one that’s to opinionated, like you knew what was wrong with my friends minelab, but I dont call you stupid, heck you and everyone else might no more than I do, but you don’t care about people, why I think of money people r struggling, anyhow do you get compensated by any company I don’t good digging

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t attack people, I’m very nice person, you don’t listen carefully sir, I said minelab is good but evidently you would a product without it being tested properly, not bashing you or them, buy everything, aren’t you conscious of what you buy ever. You don’t no what machines I have or buy, you just made a statement I have no intentions to buy, your finally correct, the xp deus 2 is better how’s that sir, i don’t call people names , sir how much money do you think have or do you no that to. Your the one that’s to opinionated, like you knew what was wrong with my friends minelab, but I dont call you stupid, heck you and everyone else might no more than I do, but you don’t care about people, why I think of money people r struggling, anyhow do you get compensated by any company I don’t good digging
You started off this thread bashing the Manticore and it isn't even released yet, stating "can’t be as good, now they are saying price is the same and performance equals deus 2, very unlikely, it’s not good at separation in iron, emi still isn’t stable, waterproof is yet to be determined."

You said "you being a military person should appreciate that, or would you just take someone’s advice go test this helicopter we think you will be ok,"

In the military, you use untested equipment quite often, it is hard to get a true test on military equipment until it is tested under battlefield conditions. If you are ordered to test that helicopter you fly the helicopter.

So far you have told me "you don't listen carefully" (an attack), telling me "if I take people's word "I'm going to get my ass ripped off," ....."be fool and buy it".......... "if you ain’t a serious detectorist your a fool, give me your money" telling me "you really must have to much time on your hands".

All I am saying is you do not need to call members fools if they are interested in something or buy something because they don't agree with your parameters to purchase a product.

I knew what was wrong with your friend's detector because I personally talked to Keith in the Minelab repair center where it was sent who looked at the detector and got the full truth.

Last edited:

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
Here is the first test that I have seen, comparing the deus2 to the new Manticore. You will probably need to watch it on youtube, and use the closed caption feature, and then use the translate feature to convert to English, unless you speak French. The Manticore outperformed the deus 2, in all 13 of the depth and seperation tests. Keep in mind, the creator purposely kept both machines in the general settings. Im sure one machine or the other could do better if you played with the settings, but this test was to see how each machine performed in the factory general settings:

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I especially like this opinion and @5:00minutes into video in gets downright humorous.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a difference between a metal detectorist, and a treasure hunter. Anyone who owns 20 detectors....I would consider a detectorist (my opinion only). They spend alot of time comparing the features, building test gardens, comparing tones and frequency, looking at production processes etc etc.

A treasure hunter is a completely different animal....we spend our time trying to solve mysteries, find information on sites, researching history, and will use many other tools beside a detector. I use and carry a probe, and have spent as much time learning the sounds and feel of rock, glass, and metal, at depths of 2 -4 feet in the mud. Treasure hunters will utilize everything from magnotometers, sat imagery, lidar, sonar, black lights etc etc. We usually own several detectors for different purposes....including land hunts, shallow water hunts, and deep sea hunts. Im less concerned about minor differences in performance, and am more concerned with reliability, durability, and ease of use etc etc. I have found real treasure from the 1733 fleet with cheap knock off machines....to 4000$ pulse 8X. The fact of the matter is a treasure hunter is not brand loyal, will use whatever is necessary, and is out to recover valuables. I care not which machine sees a planted object in a test garden, but I do care about how im gonna find the real treasures at depth !! I have blindly dug with no machine and had success, I have probed and found incredible treasures, I've drug behind boats and recovered spanish olive jars of great value that no machine could detect, and I often scout areas with no machine until I feel I need a detector. Obviously a detectorist will spend great amounts of time arguing the pros and cons of each machines features. A treasure hunter argues the pros and cons of which site is going to produce the real results with what ever machine I choose to use. A detectorist on the other hand is perfectly content to hunt the local tot lot for match box cars and clad, and can go on and on about how this machine or that found another piece of clad below the swing that have been hunted 100 times. A treasure hunter will drop his machine in an instant and go right to digging, mudlarking, probing, or sifting depending on site conditions and many other factors. Let me ask this....if you were searching at a 1715 site....would you really want to discriminate at all.....wouldn't you want to dig every target no matter the signal, sound, or vdi # ?? Even the iron tells a story and can be a valuable clue. I could go on and on with these differences in the 2 types of enthusiasts in this hobby.....the point is everyone should take a breath and consider which of the 2 you are....if you consider yourself a treasure hunter, then threads like this are comical. (no offense to anyone) i also do understand that detectorist are just as thrilled with there machines, and enjoy this hobby just as much as anyone, and are valuable to this hobby as much as anyone else. Imagine if there was a fossil detector, or a gemstone detector....if there was I would own both also....because treasure hunting is not always just about metal !! So take a look inside, and determine which you are, and it will help you through this hobby. As a wood worker I have specific tools for my jobs.....as a treasure hunter I also have a set of specific tools for my trade, and many are not detectors !! I definitely don't need 20 detectors, and I don't need to feel like every new machine is better than the last, and I must have it. Its been said before.....its the operator of the machine that counts !!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very well said, metal detecting doesn’t detail a lot of equipment, machine, pinpointer, bag, coils maybe.. I’m more than an open field hunter, most are that’s fine but to find older stuff, study old maps is required, you just don’t trip over foundation. I’m a all around detectorist . I’m no expert nobody is, but it sure helps to study and get yourself close to your target, luck is a fact but no your surrounding it more makes more successful opportunitie, thankyou

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Manticore hasn't even been released yet. It already beats the Nox 800/600 with the addition of the conductivity and ferrous scale and I'm not trying to put the Nox down, I own one.
GREAT POINTS Treasure_Hunter

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is so much speculation on this new minelab it is downright ridiculous.

I hope it works great for the ones who want one.

I don't care one way or another myself because I am not gonna get one and I know no one wants to hear why I am not.

But I really don't understand why all of this name brand bashing has evolved into our hobby??

Why does it matter if someone uses another name brand machine to some people so much??

It seems to just get under their skin too.

Someone said on this thread they haven't seen any banner finds made with the deus 2.

give me a break.....I know someone already who found a ring who had it appraised that came in at 7000.00 dollars.

I even have a copy of the appraisal.

You know what else...he is a member of this forum too.

Wanna know something else?

It is no one's business that he doesn't post what he finds because that is how he is.

As a matter of fact.....I imagine there are a ton of members here who feel the same way and do not share their incredible finds either.

I am one who does that.

These comparisons on units that have not hit the shelves yet have not proven anything to anyone.

You could have the best machine available and if you do not swing over and miss the once in a lifetime target....what good is that best machine on the market??

The kid who comes in behind you with an ace 250 will wind up swinging over that target instead.....and I hope he does too!!

Because he isn't out talking crap to other detectorist because they are not using brand X.

He is just happy out detecting and having a good time.

That is what this hobby used to be like.

Now it is all trash talk and name calling.

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
The French to English translation of the video above, comparing the Deus 2 to the Manticore is very telling.
I watched the video a few times, and in some cases, I believe they gave the Deus 2 a slight edge.
Yet the Manticore still won all 13 of the depth and seperation test.
Im looking forward to more video comparisons between these 2 top notch products.
Deus2vsManticore.jpg

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is so much speculation on this new minelab it is downright ridiculous.

I hope it works great for the ones who want one.

I don't care one way or another myself because I am not gonna get one and I know no one wants to hear why I am not.

But I really don't understand why all of this name brand bashing has evolved into our hobby??

Why does it matter if someone uses another name brand machine to some people so much??

It seems to just get under their skin too.

Someone said on this thread they haven't seen any banner finds made with the deus 2.

give me a break.....I know someone already who found a ring who had it appraised that came in at 7000.00 dollars.

I even have a copy of the appraisal.

You know what else...he is a member of this forum too.

Wanna know something else?

It is no one's business that he doesn't post what he finds because that is how he is.

As a matter of fact.....I imagine there are a ton of members here who feel the same way and do not share their incredible finds either.

I am one who does that.

These comparisons on units that have not hit the shelves yet have not proven anything to anyone.

You could have the best machine available and if you do not swing over and miss the once in a lifetime target....what good is that best machine on the market??

The kid who comes in behind you with an ace 250 will wind up swinging over that target instead.....and I hope he does too!!

Because he isn't out talking crap to other detectorist because they are not using brand X.

He is just happy out detecting and having a good time.

That is what this hobby used to be like.

Now it is all trash talk and name calling.
I guess it is just human nature. On some of the gun forums I frequent there are guys who hate Glocks because they are Glocks, on car forums there are guys who hate Chevys because they are Chevys. I just try to ignore and use what I want to use.

Stateguyt

Greenie
Dec 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my thought is if it was deeper then the Debus 2. Wouldn’t they have had a test with both machines already. It would have been a marking ploy for minelab
there trying to get this machine out before the holidays and that’s why they announced it
why didnt They do a demo in water with the machine.
for me it puts doubt about preorder one.
i really think here going to come out with a new 3030. But that might be in 2-3 years

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The French to English translation of the video above, comparing the Deus 2 to the Manticore is very telling.
I watched the video a few times, and in some cases, I believe they gave the Deus 2 a slight edge.
Yet the Manticore still won all 13 of the depth and seperation test.
Im looking forward to more video comparisons between these 2 top notch products.
View attachment 2049417
I really have to wonder if this is BS or not.
Seriously I can dig a musket ball at greater depths now with the Deus l ( 9.5"x 5"coil)
Just thinking on lots half/full penny deeper than the pinpointer (25mm/10in) and surpassed that length by a few.
Real detecting vs these tests are apple/oranges
Musket ball at 3cm 1.1/8" that I am calling BS
A .22 cal pellet-OK .22 rifle can be found at 10cm+ range all day long.
Not knocking you for posting this information up.
I just knock the unrealistic world of these test comparisons.
20190413_125938.jpg

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellow detectorist, my opin only probably, I say probably if you swing almost amy machine over a target it will signal something, keep in mind alot of times we don’t swing properly, and ever inch counts, so I’m not here to say any machine is garbage, some are better, there are honest videos but you must take in all information, because like most products someone might be compensated in some form and that’s ok if you state that accordingly not being unbiased hurts everyone,minelab manticore is suppose to be released in November I believe, however the big questions have yet to be answer correct me if I’m wrong and you minelab users no what they are, in end constructive criticism isn’t a bad thing, it has the potential of making things better and software upgrades make that possible, oh please post those rare banner finds, thankyou

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
Seriously I can dig a musket ball at greater depths now with the Deus l ( 9.5"x 5"coil)

View attachment 2049938
Greater than what ?
The video dosent tell us the exact depth that the 3 musket balls were buried, so when you say your Deus 1 can do better, how do you know for sure?
We dont know how deep the musket balls were buried, in the video.
All we know is one was buried, one was buried deep, and 1 was buried extremely deep.
I wish the creater of the video had told us the depth of each item, but he did not.
He did state that a coin and cross were buried at a depth of 15.74", but absolutely nothing on the musket balls.
He simply compared the 2 machines over and on top of the buried items.
So Im not sure how you can truely say that your machine can do better on the musket balls, when we dont even know the depth that the 3 musket balls in the video were buried!
One thing is for sure, it wont be long, and everybody will be comparing the Manticore, to another machine, so only time will tell!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Greater than what ?
The video dosent tell us the exact depth, so when you say your Deus 1 can do better, how do you know for sure?
We dont know how deep the musket ball is, in the video.
I wish the creater of the video had told us the depth of each item, but with only 2 exceptions, he did not.
He simply compared the 2 machines.
So Im not sure how you can truely say that your machine can do better, when we dont even know the depth!
One thing is for sure, it wont be long, and everybody will be comparing the Manticore, to another machine, so time will tell!
1st off this isn't a pissing contest ok
The fact that I quoted your post depth comparisons post #34
Not anything to do with the video
#3 on the sheet 5/15 cm
#7 on the sheet 3/7 cm
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 6.40.33 AM.png

So this what I can compare to is the sheet of #s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread