Minelab Manticore For Gold Nug Shooting ?What’s the scoop

Goodwood

Oct 17, 2022
I haven’t heard much on the manticore and considering the success the Equinox 800 has had on gold I’d be curious how much extra performance if any you’d get out of the manticore? The manticores marketing so far seems mysterious and unclear. How is this detector more powerful by 50% then the Equinox when it operates at the same frequencies? I have a couple old Tesoro lobos I’m ready to upgrade and it’s for sure going to be a Equinox or Manticore.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab engineer Mark Lawrie said the Manticor has more battery capacity & it will have 50% more power which should give it about 3 centimeters more depth than the Equinox & match the CTX in depth. He also said the Manticor Multi I Q plus frequencies are a little bit different than the Equinox.

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Oct 17, 2022
Minelab engineer Mark Lawrie said the Manticor has more battery capacity & it will have 50% more power which should give it about 3 centimeters more depth than the Equinox & match the CTX in depth. He also said the Manticor Multi I Q plus frequencies are a little bit different than the Equinox.
I’ve found this info but it’s pretty vague. I’m curious to see one. Probably going to replace the 3030 then and possibly the equinox although it has a cult following. The magically appearing 50% more power does not make sense to me yet.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that on other makes and models over the years, "50% more power". Perhaps it does? but who knows, it is everything else I would like to know more of. Will need to wait until they are out. Lucky for me, a friend had pre-ordered one, and someday will see it first hand.

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Oct 17, 2022
I have heard that on other makes and models over the years, "50% more power". Perhaps it does? but who knows, it is everything else I would like to know more of. Will need to wait until they are out. Lucky for me, a friend had pre-ordered one, and someday will see it first hand.
Yea I’m still baffled about that 50% haha. I wonder if they mean more of the coil up to the edge is usable without dead spots like you’d find on a pulse induction. I’ve seen demonstrations of the sdc 2300 being able to detect at the edge. I’m hoping the manticore blows everyone’s socks off but I don’t think I got it in me to pre order without some more info on it. Some dealers are telling me Late November into December and others have said March 2023. I guess the manticore doesn’t have the little 6” coil like the nox 800 but they have a 5.5x8 that looks up to the job of small gold sniffing. I’ve heard people have good luck on small gold with the 11” on Equinox 800 and the manticore comes with 11” as well. You can’t use a Equinox coil on the manticore which seems a shame.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard someone say there's videos out of Australia comparing the Manticore to the GM 1000 and the Manticore is outperforming the GM.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wouldn't buy the Manticore for it's gold prospecting abilities. All the testing being done is on it's coin, jewelry, and relic-hunting abilities. I'm getting the 900 because the Equinox is proven on gold nuggets. I'm thinking that the Manticore needs another year to shake out the bugs and by that time my wife will have forgotten how many detectors I have and won't complain about another new machine. 😁

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you could pair up more then one head phones top a detector like you can on the Deus's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread