MINELAB MANTICORE

treasurehunter1957

Apr 9, 2020
hampshire united kingdom
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030 , minelab sovereign gt.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well as most of you detectorist have now heard that minelab have released the new manticore , it would be interesting to hear what advantages this has over the nox 800 and the nokta makro legend , so i am waiting with anticipation of its performance and cost and will minelab be offering a larger coil . so please keep those feedbacks coming in when it eventually arrives at the shops.

Upvote 5

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've seen, it's going to be about $1600 and has 3 coil options.....a 5 1/2 X 9, an 11" round, and a 12 X 15".

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter1957

Apr 9, 2020
hampshire united kingdom
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030 , minelab sovereign gt.
Primary Interest:
im just curious that minelab announce in august there new manticore machine , but we still have to bloody wait until most probably beginning of 2023 when they become available to purchase.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
On waiting list and cost of machine is $1,595. Will be bought with gold found last year with the Equinox 800. I believe I read somewhere that the Manticore takes the 11" and 15" Equinox coils.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding is that the coils do not interchange between the Equinox and Manticore. In looking at the promo photos, it looks like the way they're attached to the lower shaft is totally different.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NASA Tom said none of the electronics for the Nox works with the MC. Hopefully IF there is a 9” coil … it won’t come out to be 8”. ML doesn’t seem to able to measure well on small coils. Though the FE numbers were just a point on the graf I’d like to have had them. The shaft is a vast improvement. But if the leaks were coming from stress cracks around the charging connector from heat….. hopefully this was fixed. Still not sure those ears now on the lower shaft will fix the breakage simply because some of that was from leaning on it using is to balance with. BUT I guess a lower shaft (if we don’t have to buy the whole thing) is cheaper than a coil.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C
From what I've seen, it's going to be about $1600 and has 3 coil options.....a 5 1/2 X 9, an 11" round, and a 12 X 15".
Chief engineer @ Minelab , Mark Lawie said the Manicore will come with 11" round Double-D coil. Accessories will be a 6x8 elliptical coil & 15x12 coil.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
NASA Tom said none of the electronics for the Nox works with the MC. Hopefully IF there is a 9” coil … it won’t come out to be 8”. ML doesn’t seem to able to measure well on small coils. Though the FE numbers were just a point on the graf I’d like to have had them. The shaft is a vast improvement. But if the leaks were coming from stress cracks around the charging connector from heat….. hopefully this was fixed. Still not sure those ears now on the lower shaft will fix the breakage simply because some of that was from leaning on it using is to balance with. BUT I guess a lower shaft (if we don’t have to buy the whole thing) is cheaper than a coil.
"Though the FE numbers were just a point on the graf I’d like to have had them."

BINGO!

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
Well as most of you detectorist have now heard that minelab have released the new manticore , it would be interesting to hear what advantages this has over the nox 800 and the nokta makro legend , so i am waiting with anticipation of its performance and cost and will minelab be offering a larger coil . so please keep those feedbacks coming in when it eventually arrives at the shops.
1. Completely new technology.
2. Uncompressed VDI scale (1 to 99)
3. 2D screen with ID map
4. Greater sensitivity (from 25 to 35)
5. Increased number of user presets.
6. More flexibility with the ferrous limits
7. Target trace
8. Greater number of audio tone choices.
9. Automatic back light lighting.
10. Keypad lighting
11. Flashlight
12. Vibration alert
13. Carbon fiber shaft
14. Faster noise cancel

Im probably forgetting something, but thats a quick list of improvements over the already great Equinox.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom also said this wasn’t designed to be the ML flagship detector but a step above the Nox. We know the flagship current is the CTX…. So what in the world could a CTX replacement possibly bring to the table …. And at what cost?

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
Hard to believe that the CTX has been out for a decade now.
10 years is a loooooong time, in the electronic technology arena.
Minelab probably has a few new tricks up their sleeve that do not fit in the Manticore's price point.

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it said in the warranty if it leaks anytime while it's under warranty they will refund 100% cost upon returning the detector, I might be interested. I will never submerge my Leakwinox again because it WILL leak again

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Over the last 3 1/2 yrs, my Nox 800 has replaced my Excal 1000 as well as my CTX 3030 (drowned once and no longer trust underwater) as my go-to machine. Drowned Nox 800 twice during full replacement warranty and when 3 yrs was up I bought another Nox 800 and gave old 800 as Christmas gift to sister who is a dirt digger. New Nox 800, bought 6 months ago, has good warranty for another 2 1/2 yrs of water use. Have high hope that Manicore will fit my specific needs even better then Nox 800 (or Excal or 3030) AND that it really is a water use machine, we'll see...still on waiting list for Manicore...tic, tic tic.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just saw this and it answers my previous "high hope" -
"The lead engineer of Minelab stated that the Manticore takes the best qualities of the CTX 3030 and The Equinox and adds even more!"

Also, Isn't this a death sentence for the CTX 3030? I sure think so.

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Makes me wonder as to WHY ML came out with the Nox 700 and the Nox 900.
i think there is an issue with 600/800 in water use, leaking, Poor coil tabs etc. Maybe they felt they needed to add a few features that are on the Legend and still justify twice the price ?

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Just saw this and it answers my previous "high hope" -
"The lead engineer of Minelab stated that the Manticore takes the best qualities of the CTX 3030 and The Equinox and adds even more!"

Also, Isn't this a death sentence for the CTX 3030? I sure think so.
I still use my cgtx several times a week. The target display information is still the best out there.
If minelab had done similar with manticore then I would have bought now.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use my cgtx several times a week. The target display information is still the best out there.
If minelab had done similar with manticore then I would have bought now.
They did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread