Minelab repair center service time

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Has anyone recently sent in their minelab for repairs? I sent my ctx 3030 in 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything other than they are experiencing a higher volume of detector repairs than normal and are behind. They don't seem to have got to mine yet and I was just wondering how long it could take.

Thanks!
Update: for those wondering, the repair center had my detector for 15 business days before it was repaired and shipped back to me. So total time with shipping and weekends was 26 days.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having worked in the repair center in the past I can say lots of things can slow down repairs, high on the list is shortages of parts.

mirkaba

Dec 7, 2004
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab
My GM 1000 has been there since the 23rd of March and they have not looked at it yet. Higher than normal repair volume. I wonder which machine/machines could be causing the backup?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My GM 1000 has been there since the 23rd of March and they have not looked at it yet. Higher than normal repair volume. I wonder which machine/machines could be causing the backup?
Speaking from experience most likely it is parts issue, hard to work on detectors when you are out of a lot of parts.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent in my ctx for repair mid Sept. They said it would be 3 to 5 weeks before they could work on it. I hope they are able to find more help or it risks deteriorating into the Kellyco situation a few years back. I started using my backup Equinox 800 and the tabs on the coil broke. I ended up having to buy a new coil for it.

Good people at the service center and they have been responsive to all inquiries. MInelab is the controlling factor (IMHO). If they would improve the build quality the pressure on the repair center would be lessened.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sent in my ctx for repair mid Sept. They said it would be 3 to 5 weeks before they could work on it. I hope they are able to find more help or it risks deteriorating into the Kellyco situation a few years back. I started using my backup Equinox 800 and the tabs on the coil broke. I ended up having to buy a new coil for it.

Good people at the service center and they have been responsive to all inquiries. MInelab is the controlling factor (IMHO). If they would improve the build quality the pressure on the repair center would be lessened.
Leakage of control/breakage of tabs are both reasons for not purchasing a 800.
It might not happen, but if it does it means a repair.
Postage alone is $70 to send in a unit now for me, then the driving to PO. The downtime also.
Seriously what would it cost to manufacture it stronger, a few cents?
But it seems that quality isn't a concern, nor the loss in a sale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread