MINELAB REPAIR IS GOING COST ME WHAT?!?!?!

metaldetectingtaylor

Mar 21, 2011
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
before sending off, tel us whats wrong with your explorer?

Seaweednh

Feb 3, 2007
Newbury, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metaldetectingtaylor said:
I just called Minelab and they said they would charge $65 an hour to fix my SE Pro AND I would have to cover to ship it both ways. Has anyone else sent in their detector to Minelab? Did they fix it or was it a ripoff? Is it worth the month delay... Any input would be great. -Taylor

Hell no I would repair it, that old crappy worthless detector. You can sell it to me cheap instead.

I've sent several detectors into Minelab, both the old and new company and have been more than satisfied. As a mater of fact, I expected to have a sizable bill to fix my Excalibur, they even did work I didn't ask for. When all was said and done, There was close to $300 worth of work, new coil, fixed headphone wire (the original reason for sending it in) Ikelike connectors on two sets of headphones AND the Excalibur. Total cost, shipping one way. You see, Minelab will give you the labor rate, they don't always charge you. But hey, seriously, if you want to sell your non-working detector, or perhaps trade it for a Tesoro Lobo or a Whites 6000/Di Pro SL, let me know.

Regards,
Ron
Ron

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stasys said:
before sending off, tel us whats wrong with your explorer?

Exactly. A plastic housing replacement is one thing, but a new circuit board is definitely another! If you get away with about $100 you should be happy because that seems like about the best case scenario.

"Is it worth the month delay?" You make it sound like it's a choice. Doesn't it need fixing?

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you send it off? Give us an update ???

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
I too have an Excal 1000. Has about 50 hours use on it. Hadn't used it for about a year but kept the battery up and when I went to use it, it goes unstable sending tones all over the place even while it is just sitting. The unit has never been in the water. Only used at a beach and parks. The controls don't seem to respond like there is no volume adjustment, etc. Could the pots be dirty from sitting? I wonder if I should take it apart and lube the pots as they might be noisy. Anyone else experienced this?
Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread