Minelab sound

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NORMAL THEME , SIMPLE ,MEDIUM \Profile ...So I can hear the deep stuff

Last edited:

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NORMAL theme, MEDIUM profile, for me; I prefer some modulation, so I landed on NORMAL/MEDIUM as a starting point...

Steve

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm leaning towards normal, simple due to the fact why would you want to make a deeper signal quieter. In my test garden my deeper coins coin in softer and quieter, I like the Nox because all signals have the same strength and volume.

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I'm seeing is that my M'core is uber chatty in farm fields but not as much in the woods. I've been running Enhanced/simple to lower the chattiness. The deeper stuff is still audible, I pulled a Largie Saturday at 7" amongst the chatter.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats weird..

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I'm seeing is that my M'core is uber chatty in farm fields but not as much in the woods. I've been running Enhanced/simple to lower the chattiness. The deeper stuff is still audible, I pulled a Largie Saturday at 7" amongst the chatter.
Do you do a continuos noise cancel until it settles on one number

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm leaning towards normal, simple due to the fact why would you want to make a deeper signal quieter. In my test garden my deeper coins coin in softer and quieter, I like the Nox because all signals have the same strength and volume.
I want to make deeper coins sound quieter, because often I'm hunting sites with lots of shallow targets, overlaying the deep, older ones. And since I'm after the older (usually deeper) targets, its very nice when you can "tune your ears" to listen ONLY for the "quieter" sounds, and ignore the loud ones. Is it a perfect strategy? No, but it's one I employ often when trying to pull deep/old coins from places that have lots of shallow clad...

Steve

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to make deeper coins sound quieter, because often I'm hunting sites with lots of shallow targets, overlaying the deep, older ones. And since I'm after the older (usually deeper) targets, its very nice when you can "tune your ears" to listen ONLY for the "quieter" sounds, and ignore the loud ones. Is it a perfect strategy? No, but it's one I employ often when trying to pull deep/old coins from places that have lots of shallow clad...

Steve
It's harder for me to hear them and then you get a coin on the top and it blows your eardrums out. Just my opinion, thats why they offer many choices

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's harder for me to hear them and then you get a coin on the top and it blows your eardrums out. Just my opinion, thats why they offer many choices
Yep, I hear you. And indeed, that's why they have the different options -- hopefully something that works at least reasonably well for most...

Steve

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
I didn't like the NOX just because it lacked this feature (deep targets sound less loud). I like hearing depth that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread