Minelab Sovereign GT (Name 3 machines you would rather have?)

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my Sovereign Gt for about 9 months now and I have to say I have been extremely pleased with it's performance. Depth is amazing. I never dig iron if I choose not to. My question to any other GT owners out there is this.... If you could own any other machine out there, what would it be and why? Limit your answer to 3 machines.

At this point I have no intention on buying another detector. When the time comes that I do, I will definitely be keeping the GT as well.

If I purchased a new machine I think it would be the Minelab SE (just because!)
Tesoro Cortes (Heard it has a fast recovery speed and nice display and lifetime warranty)
Possibly a Minelab Excalibur (nice to have a water machine)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a ..sovereign GT...that i will not get rid of............I just got A... Compass Gold Scanner Pro....and from what every one says about it that will be my main detector with the Sovereign as my back up.....It is called Gold Scanner but it is a Coin & Relic detector:stop: :coffee2:.......UPDATE UPDATE <><<>>WILL have to change my answer this is now April,6 2010..still have the Sovereign sold the Compass..

Attachments

• 8d1f_1.jpg
    8d1f_1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 737
  • 8d1f_1.jpg
    8d1f_1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 721

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love my sov and won't get rid of it for the world.
I just got an excal for water hunting
but one day I would like to try the x-terra 70 or SE

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
I have a GT and recently got a Fisher F-70. I like it for quickly grabbing coins out of trash. I can swing it super fast to cover lots of gound and still ID the coins among the trash. It's the opposite of the slow analysis with the GT for deep older objects. Actually, the F-70 goes pretty deep too but you don't get the subtle audio info that you can with the GT.

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
I've owned the Explorer 1 & 2 and the SE plus the GT.

To me I'd take the GT over all of the others. It's smoother and way easier to use. I like the balance much better too. The GT is just about the perfect land machine for coins and relics.

Top three:

1. Minelab Sovereign GT

2. Minelab Excalibur

3. Tesoro Tejon

I've owned all of these and they are all winners.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
well iv owned 2 GT's and 2 other Sovereigns...2 Excal 1's...1 Excal ll...3 Tiger Sharks...2 CZ20...1CZ21...2 Garrett sea hunter's...5 Fisher 1280X....1 Silver Umax...1 Tejon...2 Fisher 1236x2...1 CZ70...2 CZ5's...2 Minelab advantage's...1 White's BHID and i wont even count all the White's and Bounty Hunters all TR machines back in the 60/70's..and to date nothing has been better overall than the GT's. if i could have a future machine it would be a Sovereign GT in a Tesoro Tiger Shark box! today if i could only have 3 detectors it would be...Excal ll, Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pjroo33 said:
If you could own any other machine out there, what would it be and why? Limit your answer to 3 machines.

At this point I have no intention on buying another detector. When the time comes that I do, I will definitely be keeping the GT as well.

The back up for my main water machine; the water proof Sov GT is an Excal 1000, the back up for both of those is another Sov GT that is NOT waterproofed. I guess the back up for those three would be my Fisher 1235X as far as beaches go...............

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
i guess i will have to get an excal 2 for a backup for my TS and GT. i lost a cz20 on ebay i wanted to try. also a garrett with the scuba divers deep sea helmet on the face plate. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't have a GT but I can name 3 machines I'd rather have.

1. Nexus standard SE good depth in disc, interesting design.
2. XP GMaxx II good depth,3 tone disc, 4.6 Khz, analog, good reputation
3. XP GoldMaxx Power same as #2 but around 15Khz.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro
Minelab Sovereign XS-2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro
Minelab Sovereign XS-2

:thumbsup:

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I've owned nice whites and Tesoro machines before, but now have the best I've ever had, a GT.
I almost traded it for an F75 for the increased sweep speed/ground covering capability but decided
against it in the end. If I could afford it and it's rep was better, I'd buy a F75 to augment GT but not to
replace it.
I guess it's like any relationship; theres sure to be some bumps in the road.
Oh Sovvy, I love You. :-*

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
radarwill said:
I've owned nice whites and Tesoro machines before, but now have the best I've ever had, a GT.
I almost traded it for an F75 for the increased sweep speed/ground covering capability but decided
against it in the end. If I could afford it and it's rep was better, I'd buy a F75 to augment GT but not to
replace it.
I guess it's like any relationship; theres sure to be some bumps in the road.
Oh Sovvy, I love You. :-*

If you want to increase the ground covering capability of the Sovereign GT, get the WOT coil for it. 15 inches of DD coil...I have one on my Sovereign GT and one on one of my Excaliburs and I love them...

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
I can't think of another detector I would rather have. I'm 100% Minelab right now. Besides my GT I have the Elite and Advantage. I've owned a lot of different detectors through the years and I can't think of any detector outside of maybe a future newer model Sovereign that I might be interested in. I relic hunt, beach hunt and coin hunt and the Sovereign's cover it all. Deepest detectors I've ever used in my bad ground and on our nasty beaches.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No point for me to pick three because I wouldn't use two of them. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• ploder1.jpg
    ploder1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 398

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to have a waterproof Sov GT to replace my Excal.

But of real machines maybe a Infinium LS but I am not about to get rid of my Sov GT. I like it better than the DFX.
I don't know what I would do with a PI now as I am inland now but hope to get back to the coast again.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i would like to get the Sovereign waterproofed but don't know how and can not find any one that knows how.

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 329
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 317

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread