Minelab Xterrra305....HELP!!

a.rae.ag

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2022
So I have a minelab x-terra 305 and really need to figure out how to hard-wire the coil to the control box...I have no idea which wires go where because the male and female connections have been removed (long story)...I'll try to attach some pics so you can understand my dilemma better...but basically the control box has 6 wires (blue, red, yellow, black, grey, green) but the coil has 8 (brown, brown/white, blue, blue/white, green, green/white, yellow, yellow/white)...I have hunted the internet and the only thing I can find is which color wire from the control box goes to each pin on the connector
pin 1 Blue
pin 2 yellow
pin 3 green
pin 4 Black
pin 5 red
pin 6 grey
But that doesn't exactly help me much...here are a couple pics...i hope I've explained everything ok....let me know if you have any questions for me...thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• 1645637377742.jpg
    1645637377742.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 1645637383198.jpg
    1645637383198.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 43

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this old post on another forum...

Try calling Minelab's nearest repair center, and ask to talk to a tech.

Key at the top counting clockwise with 6 being the middle pin..

1 Blue
2 Yellow
3 Green
4 Black
5 Red
6 Gray
Thanks for the support from the forum and marty from minelab tec.

I was going to suggest you call Minelab too. I had talked to Marty years ago and he was very helpful!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

a.rae.ag

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2022
I was going to suggest you call Minelab.
Ya I emailed them and that's how I got the only info I have regarding the pin and wire arrangement for one side....but I haven't heard back about the wire placement for the other side yet...

OP
OP
A

a.rae.ag

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2022
Not sure why you would waste you time and write anything at all if your not going to be helpful....plus, I don't see how attempting to belittle someone who has an honest question is of any use to anyone....its not really setting a very good example considering your supposed to be an administrator...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why you would waste you time and write anything at all if your not going to be helpful....plus, I don't see how attempting to belittle someone who has an honest question is of any use to anyone....its not really setting a very good example considering your supposed to be an administrator...
I was not belittling anyone, I was LOL and replying to SD51's comment because I was the Marty he was referring to at Minelab, I was the tech he called at Minelab.

I no longer have the documents for wiring to the motherboard. Why don't you just send it to the Minelab repair center?

I have reached out to a friend to see if he has the motherboard side wiring schematic, he worked for Minelab as well.

Found this old post on another forum...

Try calling Minelab's nearest repair center, and ask to talk to a tech.

Key at the top counting clockwise with 6 being the middle pin..

1 Blue
2 Yellow
3 Green
4 Black
5 Red
6 Gray
Thanks for the support from the forum and marty from minelab tec.

I was going to suggest you call Minelab too. I had talked to Marty years ago and he was very helpful!

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know that was you Marty, always appreciated your help with my repairs!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know that was you Marty, always appreciated your help with my repairs!
Yes it was me, worked for their repair center for almost 5 years.

OP
OP
A

a.rae.ag

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2022
I was not belittling anyone, I was LOL and replying to SD51's comment because I was the Marty he was referring to at Minelab, I was the tech he called at Minelab.

I no longer have the documents for wiring to the motherboard. Why don't you just send it to the Minelab repair center?

I have reached out to a friend to see if he has the motherboard side wiring schematic, he worked for Minelab as well.
OMG...well that's embarrassing...I feel like a big 'ol bitch now lol....I'm very sorry for assuming that you are just being an asshole...and thank you for your help to both you guys...I really do appreciate it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG...well that's embarrassing...I feel like a big 'ol bitch now lol....I'm very sorry for assuming that you are just being an asshole...and thank you for your help to both you guys...I really do appreciate it!
You are fine, you didn't know and I didn't quote SD51 so it is mostly my fault.

I will let you know when I hear back from my friend, he has to go to his storage unit and see if he still has an XTerra, if he does he will open it up and get the wiring schematic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread