Minelabs new GO FIND 20,40 and 60 Metal Detectors

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atom, I posted a video by K Southerland using the F44 on the 11 22 44 thread and he was shocked that the F44 (another $300 machine) would hit the 13 inch nickel he had buried that only what he called could only be hit by the high dollar detectors. Things may very well be looking up and we are going to see a much better bang for the buck.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atom, I posted a video by K Southerland using the F44 on the 11 22 44 thread and he was shocked that the F44 (another $300 machine) would hit the 13 inch nickel he had buried that only what he called could only be hit by the high dollar detectors. Things may very well be looking up and we are going to see a much better bang for the buck.

Ok, I read the review by Keith over there, but had not seen the video. I keep thinking its gonna be a winner. Sounds very promising, it will definitely be my next detector Thanks!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe a little auto wax on the shaft to cut down on the sand making it easier to slide together!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a little auto wax on the shaft to cut down on the sand making it easier to slide together!

There are places that are compression fitted and you would not want to wax those areas to ease the sliding. They are designed to hold their place. Other fold up areas might work though.

Mekatataku

Greenie
May 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a little more testing, i can say i quite like the machine! It did well when i tested it on a saltwater beach. Tested the coil under salt water and it picked up the signals that it was supposed to. There was 2 signals that i did not find, but it might be because i dont have a pin pointer and simply gave up the search. The 40 version has 4 sensitivity levels, and i had it on level 3 when detecting on the beach which was fine. At level 4 it bleeped at random sometimes, but it wasn't really a problem as it was quite easy to distinguish them from the real ones.
The ability to fold it up when i have a target and continue using it without having to stand back up is nice.
Even when i was walking trough thick forrest areas i could simply fold it up and carry it close to my body so it didn't get caught up in branches and whatnot.
Still have to give it a small minus on the handle beeing a little loose so it does feel cheap at times, but overall i like it and don't regret buying it!
It's still my first machine so i can't compare it to anything, but what can you do, eh.

nigel

Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most detectors will jump around more on junk. What I would recommend is to find some easy digging like totlots that are typically full of clad and ocassional jewelry. With easy digging you can just kick the wood chip aside and learn what kind of signals to dig.

watched many videos now ,they are shallow hunting . its been quoted they are only machine in this price range that has auto ground balance .Wrong .gc-1023 and other gold century machines have auto gb . i guarantee this machine will not best a gc-1023 in a totlot contest ,in fact i doubt it can beat it in any ground conditions.
The gc-1023 is a throw away machine its so cheap .seems you guys have forgot what works best in totlots ,why try re-invent the wheel
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/other-brands/21908-gold-century-imported-detectors.html
no silly icons ,just set disc to five and if you get a two way dig it ,end of story ,you will dig twice as many coins while the go-find guy waves searchhead ten times trying to get a steady icon.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watched many videos now ,they are shallow hunting . its been quoted they are only machine in this price range that has auto ground balance .Wrong .gc-1023 and other gold century machines have auto gb . i guarantee this machine will not best a gc-1023 in a totlot contest ,in fact i doubt it can beat it in any ground conditions.
The gc-1023 is a throw away machine its so cheap .seems you guys have forgot what works best in totlots ,why try re-invent the wheel
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/other-brands/21908-gold-century-imported-detectors.html
no silly icons ,just set disc to five and if you get a two way dig it ,end of story ,you will dig twice as many coins while the go-find guy waves searchhead ten times trying to get a steady icon.

Maybe you should not take some of those videos to serious. The best way is to just order yourself one and put it head to head with your 1023 detector and then make us your video of first hand user impression. I have a good many hours on mine and I still feel it is somewhat a specialty item because of the fold up feature and its plastic construction but it definitely does work and works well. Let us see and hear how your tests go.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never said they work better than any other. I gave advice on how to learn what any detector is telling you is easier to do by finding a place with easy digging and digging a bunch of targets. Its,advice like yours I have the most trouble with. You've never tried a gofind but you tell everyone how they work. I like my advice from someone how has used and learned a detector rather than formed an opinion.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks so much to all of the posts in this thread. It was educational and entertaining. I saw the new G-F detectors in a local shop and wondered how they were doing in reviews. The guy that worked at the store had nothing good or bad to say about them. He had just got them in the day before.

While reading this thread, I felt like I was pulling peddles off a daisy....I want one, I don't want one, etc. LOL

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are by far the worst looking detectors out there... Not that looks count...

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can one find the Go-Find App? I have searched the Google Play Store and no joy.

Scanman

scannerguy1968

Jun 4, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Many
Current
Tesoro Vaquero
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can one find the Go-Find App? I have searched the Google Play Store and no joy.

Scanman

Need 4.4.2 android. I bought a 60 and the playstore has it for my phone which is a 4.4.2 but my tablet is older and it doesn't show up on it. I put three vids on youtube about the 60. Under scannerguy1968. Actually isn't a real bad detector. Have had worse. Selling it on ebay for 275 now that testing is done

Mekatataku

Greenie
May 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need 4.4.2 android. I bought a 60 and the playstore has it for my phone which is a 4.4.2 but my tablet is older and it doesn't show up on it. I put three vids on youtube about the 60. Under scannerguy1968. Actually isn't a real bad detector. Have had worse. Selling it on ebay for 275 now that testing is done

Watching your video on the machine made me realize how many targets i have skipped that might have been good, but then again it could just as easily be trash. Argh...

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info, enjoyed your video's.

Scanman

nigel

Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should not take some of those videos to serious. The best way is to just order yourself one and put it head to head with your 1023 detector and then make us your video of first hand user impression. I have a good many hours on mine and I still feel it is somewhat a specialty item because of the fold up feature and its plastic construction but it definitely does work and works well. Let us see and hear how your tests go.

sorry i am not accepting your arguement .i dont have to buy a machine to comment on its pitfalls ,not if good tests have been video,ed .
i have watched scannerguy1968's video ,the machine is rubbish over 4" deep .yes it can get down to 10" on a coin .but no good if every coin over 6" deep is saying iron . i fully stand by my words ,the gc-1023 that costs a third of what this costs would easily out perform the 60 in that test bed..this is why minelab put samples out first to certain people who would not say bad stuff about them ,bit like getting the first punch in in a fight .scannerguy1968 was not saying bad stuff about them ,just doing a honest review ,but its still a knockout punch in response to all the nonsense videos recovering a planted coin from loose dirt at 3" and saying wow ,great tool.
they wont be worth a sausage once the novelty value has worn off. epic fail by minelab . shame coz i,ve owned a old sovereign and it found me 50 hammies . shame they have stopped making that machine .

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry i am not accepting your arguement .i dont have to buy a machine to comment on its pitfalls ,not if good tests have been video,ed .
i have watched scannerguy1968's video ,the machine is rubbish over 4" deep .yes it can get down to 10" on a coin .but no good if every coin over 6" deep is saying iron . i fully stand by my words ,the gc-1023 that costs a third of what this costs would easily out perform the 60 in that test bed..this is why minelab put samples out first to certain people who would not say bad stuff about them ,bit like getting the first punch in in a fight .scannerguy1968 was not saying bad stuff about them ,just doing a honest review ,but its still a knockout punch in response to all the nonsense videos recovering a planted coin from loose dirt at 3" and saying wow ,great tool.
they wont be worth a sausage once the novelty value has worn off. epic fail by minelab . shame coz i,ve owned a old sovereign and it found me 50 hammies . shame they have stopped making that machine .

You're comment shows what's wrong with advice on forums. Too many experts watching videos and giving advice on detectors they have never used. If you think people aren't making videos that either don't know what they are talking about or have some kind of motive you are easily lead.

nigel

Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're comment shows what's wrong with advice on forums. Too many experts watching videos and giving advice on detectors they have never used. If you think people aren't making videos that either don't know what they are talking about or have some kind of motive you are easily lead.

so you are claiming scannerguy1968 has made a fake video ,in which he claims theres a pile of non ferous targets at 6"- 10" and in reality theres just a load of nails there that the go-find 60 correctly identifies .genius.
And i guess i,m full of crap that minelab released sample machines to friends of minelab ,who they could trust to say good things . Here in uk i know one guy who gives honest reviews of machines no matter who gets upset by his findings .
The guy has a huge following in uk ,but minelab wouldnt risk sending him a machine even though he states that if a machine is bad he wont cus it ,he just wont post any results (i think thats very fair).
I asked if he had tested one and had it failed his expectations .His reply was "i was not offered a machine ,make your own conclusion why ".he has done some excellent reviews of minelabs in past .no bad blood .so why did minelab choose to not offer this very hyped machine .
we already have the answer in scannerguy1968 video and many other video's now.
We brits will test it on uk soil and report our findings ,just having trouble finding anyone who wants to come forward and admit they sunk £260 into one. They are like sinclair c5 ,unused ones might be worth a mint one day ,and i can see many going into wardrobes and gathering dust .

scannerguy1968

Jun 4, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Many
Current
Tesoro Vaquero
Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One thing I don't want to happen on any of my videos is anyone to get the feeling I have a motive other than a good straight up test. Especially on detectors. I will never say one detector is junk. If it doesn't perform well in my tests hopefully people understand it's in my bed and only there. Soil can change in 10 feet along with conditions. And the fact I am no expert. I do spend a lot of time with each one learning every angle I can before filming. I can say the go find 60 isn't that bad of a detector overall. It will almost read the dime as a dime at 8" . 309 bucks with all the stuff it does isn't too bad. Sure it struggles to tell you what is there when deep. But pinpointing tells you its deep and worth looking. Just like any detector, tricks to learn. My Vaqueo won't read the quarter at 7 inches in stock settings. But super tune and run neg balance and 12" quarters are no match. Every detector is different, trick is finding a way to undertand what it's saying. The bed is hard on them and that is what I was shooting for.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen you can disagree but you need to keep the posts respectful towards each other per TreasureNet rules...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions