All Treasure Hunting

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any other maker that has the type of app that will mark on a map where you were when u found an item? I have been doing that with a gps for a while and it really helps looking at your hunt from the air to see patterns. Even though this unit doesn't go as deep I thought it could be a good tool as a prehunt research tool to gather Intel on possibke hot spots are.

I have only seen this feature offered by Minelab?

I have not tried this app, but it appears to have similar features:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gps-mapping-software/468794-multifunctional-android-app.html

Scanman

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab Go-Find 60 price has dropped to $270.00 on the Big Auction Site.

Scanman

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Just read this whole thread because I just bought the ML40 on the big auction site for 181.00. I bought for my niece who is turning ten. We detected a beach this summer with my golden umax. We had a lot of fun and found a few good finds. Sending it out to night to HI. She lives near the beach. I like the telescopic pole because she can get a perfect fit. On my heavy detector for me the perfect fit seems to be between two available positions unfortunately. Its am entry level detector for kids and families. I think she is going to love it.

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all......I'm looking for a very easy to use, foldupable[sp], light weight, affordable, detector, with discrimination. I formerly had an oldy but goody Garrett, which was too large and heavy for me to handle for more than 1/2 hour, even with a shoulder strap, as I'm a retired lady. I'm thinking the 40 or 60 would be about perfect for my needs. Fl beaches, stash it in the camper van, help with rock hounding on occasion. I'd love to hear thoughts, from customers, not sellers of the product, as to how well they seem to do. I'm not comfortable digging in the water anyways, so the fact that it only holds up to 2' water depth isn't an issue for me. I could care less about the app thing, but fine that it comes with it. Has anyone bought these, and used them..pm me if you wish. Thanks, Joy

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about getting this as my very first detector. I am already getting made fun of for wanting a metal detector but I thought if I got one that is not bulky or complicated maybe some friends would actually want to go with me at some point.

Im deciding between the go find 60 or the whites treasuremaster. I like the go find because I can use the blue tooth to listen to my jams and then it fades out when you start detecting something and it connects to your iPhone and saves maps of finds for you. But I have read it isn't very sturdy and seems like a toy. The treasuremaster seemed more sturdy and less like a toy and has that nice sleek black flat screen that looks good.

#torn #biglifechoices

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about getting this as my very first detector. I am already getting made fun of for wanting a metal detector but I thought if I got one that is not bulky or complicated maybe some friends would actually want to go with me at some point.

Im deciding between the go find 60 or the whites treasuremaster. I like the go find because I can use the blue tooth to listen to my jams and then it fades out when you start detecting something and it connects to your iPhone and saves maps of finds for you. But I have read it isn't very sturdy and seems like a toy. The treasuremaster seemed more sturdy and less like a toy and has that nice sleek black flat screen that looks good.

#torn #biglifechoices

One of the best performing first detectors is the Fisher F22 for $229 (or F44 for $349, if you would prefer ground balance adjustability). They are made in USA, weigh 2.3 lbs. & have multi tones, adjustable iron audio & are weatherproof. You can drop it in a lake and retrieve it or detect in rain with no worry of water damage. Large easy to read displays, work great in iron trash & have very good depth. Amazing bang for buck. Just throwing it out there in case you haven't checked them out.

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its seems somewhat thought out.... entry level?, maybe on T net, but $3 or 4 hundred dollars is a lot of money, a whole lot of money....
A really awesome blue tooth equipped 60 amp touch screen car stereo with a myriad of additional built in miracle technology is available for $175 all day long.......

I just ordered the ML 60 for 225 on Amazon and got free shipping, a free shovel, some ear buds and a holder for my smart phone so I can listen to my jams while I swing.... All day long.

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best performing first detectors is the Fisher F22 for $229 (or F44 for $349, if you would prefer ground balance adjustability). They are made in USA, weigh 2.3 lbs. & have multi tones, adjustable iron audio & are weatherproof. You can drop it in a lake and retrieve it or detect in rain with no worry of water damage. Large easy to read displays, work great in iron trash & have very good depth. Amazing bang for buck. Just throwing it out there in case you haven't checked them out.

Thanks for your advice and tips, but I bike everywhere and I like the folding feature that will make it easy to transport.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I have a Santa Cruz mt. bike & I used to take my little Tesoro Compadre along sometimes. I had to use a backpack because my Camebak Mule was not large enough, so I can definitely see the advantage of having the foldability of the GoFind. Keep us posted on finds & congrats on the new machine!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sanford I asked politely to stop making that post, there are supporting vendors here who can beat that price...

Last edited:

sanford12

Sep 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry. Saw others had posted prices from that auction site and thought it was OK

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry. Saw others had posted prices from that auction site and thought it was OK
No problem sir, I delete the ones I find, you can get it cheaper here from our supporting vendors.

By the way welcome to TreasureNet👍

DennisNJ

Nov 13, 2014
Atco, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
White Coinmaster 5000d Series 2 (Vintage)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love mine. Go Find 60, Find myself using it more than the AT Pro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread