Mineoro DC2007 Questions

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you all know me from this forum, and some may know me from a couple of others.

My name is Mike McChesney, and I live in SoCal. Without going into the long draggy story of what I think about LRLs and MFDs, I'll just say I'm dubious (that's putting it VERY politely ;D ).

A friend had two Mineoro DC2007s. He is not a techy type, and couldn't figure out how to do what the manual instructed. He wanted a good gold machine, and I recommended Minelab (one of their GPXs). He is a wealthy guy, and surprised me by giving me both of his Mineoros.

I have read the manual, and understand the principle, although I don't think it works as stated (the principle of electromagnetic ionization).

I will say that they are very well made, but the thing that REALLY bugs me is that it is impossible to open them up without destroying the casing. I have used REAL GPRs (GSSI Utility Scan), REAL Metal Detectors, REAL Magnetometers, etc. EVERY piece of REAL electronic equipment I have used is able to be opened for maintenance and repair. This is not possible on the Mineoro.

Can anyone give me a reason for this (other than the obvious, PUHLEEZE ::) )?

............and I am also looking to hear from anyone who really knows these machines, who feels strong enough in their knowledge and beliefs, who would not mind answering tough questions about this.

THIS TIME.....I promise that I will not allow ANY name calling or belittling of anybody in this thread. I am strictly looking for actual knowledge coming from usage of the device.

I will get a chance to play with it this weekend, and see what it will and won't do. I never thought I'd have the chance to do this, because I am so dubious of their value to treasure hunting, I would NEVER spend the $7-8K asking price.

Best-Mike

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Mike…..I have never used a Mineoro. I have saw good and bad reports about them. I have tested and use 5 or 6 different LRL’s. A few are real good but others are just plain bad. They all have worked but none are perfect. The reason the guts are sealed is that the Manufacture does not want the competitors to know what’s in there. Carl Moreland say’s he knows how to melt this gunk.
I find that they all have very poor instructions. It is my personal belief that if you try to dowse with one of these units you will fail. Keep an open mind and read between the lines of the instructions. Hope you have fun and keep us informed. If you have any questions send me an e-mail. Marc does not like these tools discussed so I prefer to exchange information off the net…..Art

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem.

No, it's not sealed like in a block of epoxy. It is sealed like there is no way to open the box itself. I understand they say it is to keep their guts secret from the competition, but they can't even open them themselves. The outer box is permanently sealed. Looks fishy to me.

I'll give them a workout.

When I opened the second one's case, I found out that it is a DC2008, so I have a DC2007 and a DC2008. The 2008 had never been opened and is brand new.

Any true believers wanna buy one? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Best-Mike

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

I own a Mineoro FG-80. I have also opened up a Mineoro PDC-205 (an earlier model). They are all simple radio receivers that randomly beep depending on available RF signals. The FG-80 appears to be tuned to garage door openers, somewhere around 400MHz.

Because these things respond to actual RF signals, it's pretty easy to get one to beep in particular directions and believe it is pointing the way to treasure, per the advertising claims. But once you figure out what's really going on (usually well after the money-back guarantee runs out!) you realize that the whole thing is useless for treasure hunting.

Though it's difficult, you can open them. The PDC-205 had a finger-jointed wood case, and each joint had a steel pin inserted. So you first punch out the steel pin, then break loose the finger joint glue. You can remove just one slat, and everything slides out.

- Carl

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a ton Carl,

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again-Mike

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I also have Minero, I have not had any luck with using it. It will beep on a location, the next day it will not beep on the same location. Is there a good reliable machine that works on the same principle (eletromagnetic ironization). I have seen some scan guns advertised do they work on the same principles as the Minero ?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
pspope33 said:
I also have Minero, I have not had any luck with using it. It will beep on a location, the next day it will not beep on the same location. Is there a good reliable machine that works on the same principle (eletromagnetic ironization). I have seen some scan guns advertised do they work on the same principles as the Minero ?
No, there aren't any machines that work under this principle. Ditch the LRL's and buy a good metal detector. There's a reason you haven't had any luck with a Mineoro.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AF is right.

While sitting on the couch watching TV, after playing with the Mineoro DC2008 (I forgot and left it on), I hit a button on the TV remote. It set the Mineoro off. BEEEEEEEEEEEP! It sounded off as long as I held the button down. HMMMMMMMMM?

A few minutes later, I flipped open my RAZR Cell Phone. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! My cell phone is dormant, and only actively looks for a signal when it is flipped open. HMMMMMMMMMMM?

Turned on an electric fan, and held it close to the motor. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! HMMMMMMMMMMM?

It looks like an $8000 EMF Meter without much range. I will say that the battery test meter works wonderfully! ;D

I took the DC2008 to my ex-girlfriend's brother's jewelry store, and turned it on. I can only imagine that the reason it didn't do anything is because it was overloaded with too many signals! ::) ::) ::)

I will also say that electromagnetic ionization is a sound scientific principle. You CAN measure the ionization of different materials by the different wavelengths emitted when exposed to XRay or Gamma Radiation. The only problem is the Mineoro is not an instrument that will pick that up in the minescule amounts emitted. I believe a spectrometer would be necessary.

If you want depth, use a Proton Magnetometer (for ferrous metals and fired clay items), or GPR (ground penetrating radar) if you have the money to get one.

Other than that, I would recommend getting a good two-box detector, or metal detector with a large (48"x48" or 36"x36") coil.

Best-Mike

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pebble said:
Is there a good reliable machine that works on the same principle (eletromagnetic ironization).

The principle is bogus.

alexismex

Greenie
Oct 7, 2008

Attachments

• mineorofront.jpg
    mineorofront.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,604
  • sensor2.jpg
    sensor2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,315

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey…..Does the Mineoro find Treasure????I see that it has been taken apart but see nothing about it being used for the purpose it was designed for. How about if you turned it on and followed the instructions and give us a report . I have bought some LRL’s that didn’t do what the Mfg said, but at least I gave them a test. I have used at least 6 of the units that our resident expert says do not work. They all worked . Some are just better than others. I have never used a Mineoro and don’t plan to. LRL’s are a tool and can be very useful when you want to locate something that is over one foot deep….Art

P.S....Just my opinion Marc....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey…..Does the Mineoro find Treasure????I see that it has been taken apart but see nothing about it being used for the purpose it was designed for. How about if you turned it on and followed the instructions and give us a report . I have bought some LRL’s that didn’t do what the Mfg said, but at least I gave them a test. I have used at least 6 of the units that our resident expert says do not work. They all worked . Some are just better than others. I have never used a Mineoro and don’t plan to. LRL’s are a tool and can be very useful when you want to locate something that is over one foot deep….Art

P.S....Just my opinion Marc....

HAA!

I love the little disclaimer at the bottom, Art!

I wonder...do the manufacturer's of these foolish devices have their own disclaimers as well? Something like:

"The ability of this toy to find treasure is based solely upon our opinion, and has no scientific basis whatsoever...."

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee AF….I don’t know…I have a brand name 2 box. On the auto setting all it does is beep. When I use the manual settings it is a little better than on Auto. Just because I don’t understand how this works does not give me the right to bad mouth it. …..Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Gee AF….I don’t know…I have a brand name 2 box. On the auto setting all it does is beep. When I use the manual settings it is a little better than on Auto. Just because I don’t understand how this works does not give me the right to bad mouth it. …..Art
No, just because you don't understand how it works only means that you haven't bothered to study how it works. There are sound scientific principals at play when it comes to metal detectors......

unlike LRL's.......

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Sorry Charlie….I am just a dumb fellow that is always’s wrong. It is to bad that Treasure's are not smart enough to hide better…Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Sorry Charlie….I am just a dumb fellow that is always’s wrong. It is to bad that Treasure's are not smart enough to hide better…Art
Ya just gotta be smarter than the metal buried in the dirt, Art..... ::)

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got to be gold there before it will work and follow directions learn how to work it and maybe it will work at least give it a fair chance did you learn to play the piano first time you set on the piano stool????????????????????????????????????????/

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bildon said:
got to be gold there before it will work and follow directions learn how to work it and maybe it will work at least give it a fair chance did you learn to play the piano first time you set on the piano stool????????????????????????????????????????/
Terribly unsound argument......

Have you done any research on these things??

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i own a gdm428 mineoro and i will give it a decent chance before i say it will or it wont work and no no no i will not argue with you or anyone else about where it does or dont in fact if you are negetive i do not want to talk to you just that plan.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bildon said:
yes i own a gdm428 mineoro and i will give it a decent chance before i say it will or it wont work and no no no i will not argue with you or anyone else about where it does or dont in fact if you are negetive i do not want to talk to you just that plan.
Well, you certainly do sound exactly like a dowser.

Have fun wasting time and money on your paperweight......sorry....Mineoro.......

Please, let us know how it works out for you! We'll wait here with baited breath....... ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread