MIs UP

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
MI's UP

Anyone here know where to locate FREE online digital Sanborns for Sault Saint Marie in Michigan's Upper Penninsula? I just moved up here and am finally getting settled in and ready to start hunting... well deer anyway at least until next years thaw... but until then I need to be doing more research and Sanborn's are a great starting place.

Those of you not familar with The Soo (nickname for Sault Sainte Marie, Sault is pronounced Sue) it was founded in the area where Lakes Michigan, Huron, and Superior roughly meet, on the Saint Mary's River/ Rapids in 1668. It is the gateway to the lower lakes from Lake Superior. There is a TON of history here!!!

Also anyone located in this area looking to hunt arrowheads or relics feel free to look me up... although I have exactly zero "good spots" right now... there are folks here that can vouch for my goodwill!

Take Care.
DigEmAll

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MI's UP

I'm confused again...It happens. What ???
I feel like Ozzy Osbourne when he has to yell for Sharon. SHARON!!!!
Geez, it's like some of ya'll have taken to speaking Esperanto or something.
"Well I flew the mamboo dogface hammer through the bobcat rice fields off the coast of Fort Wayne, and I'm swinging 1200555XX<> ...Does anyone have any Grey Poupon for my big toe ear infection sandwich elevator? I feel like I'm reading secret code that spies are sending back and forth on obscure websites to cover their tracks.

And again, WHAT? :wink:

HH,
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plus we had a death in the family last night (an aunt) and I got like 2 hours sleep before I had to get up and go to work.) I feel like a gas engine running on diesel.
Pow-POP ping, pi-cough, pop pop, Boom. picow. fsssssst. uuuuuuhnnnnnn, pif.

Got nothing but respect for you all and you know that, Thanks for putting up with me,
Ramapirate

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

no help on the sanborn maps, look in the map section, the Soo is like the 2nd or 3rd oldest continously occupied city in the U.S. My father grew up in Saint Ignance, and talked about all the arrow heads he found, actually there house was on a burrial ground. welcome to the UP

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan

Thompy said:
no help on the sanborn maps, look in the map section, the Soo is like the 2nd or 3rd oldest continously occupied city in the U.S. My father grew up in Saint Ignance, and talked about all the arrow heads he found, actually there house was on a burrial ground. welcome to the UP

As luck would have it one of my first outtings was to one of the historic national parks on the Superior shoreline... and I found a large indian artifact... it's still there. Well until someone less honest spots it. Did I tell the park about it? Nope. Would they have let me keep it? Nope. If I can't have it, they can't have it... but it's there for the taking. LOL Lots of stuff around... just gotta find it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread