Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, Doc. Don't you worry. I will be trekking up to the Sierra Madres in a week, up into the rainforest, where everything is a pure bounty of the extraordinary (which happens to house a very special someone we all know and love). I am going to leave the plank behind. Won't fit too well in my pack, but some supreme coffee beans will squeeze in there just right. Because this trip will be relatively short, I will be certain there is no 'mañana' mentality (in regards to the certain writing of a long awaited book). I will give him SO much coffee, his fingers will be dancing the Cha-Cha over the keys. I know his book will be worth it's weight, in beyond gold. It will genuinely be epic and unmatched, especially if Crow writes the forward. A royal hint! And, Crosse', keep the fire lit! I will be back soon, with (I imagine) a fine tale to tell. Peace to all!

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Mastiff4me

I will indulge and pass on that Royal hint to sir Crow, As I will see him and Hardluck at Amy's wedding next week. Meanwhile I and my better half are enjoying the company of Crows better half and son at the Crows nest. Its very hot and very humid and Crows home brew is looking ever so tasty.

Cheers Kanacki

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much! Please tell Amy we miss her and await her pleasant return.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE,
THAT WAS A SUPERB ENTRY, THAT LEFT ME HANGING FROM THE CLIFF BY MY LAST TWO FINGERNAILS.... WORK WHEN YOU MUST. WRITE WHEN YOU REST. YOU'RE WRITINGS INSPIRE ME.

HOMAR,
THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS, AND THE SENSE THAT MY BOOK MIGHT BE PLACED ON THE SAME BOOKSHELF WITH JOSE'S BOOK.

KANACKI,
YOU ARE A MAN OF FEW WORDS, BUT THEY ARE WELL CHOSEN. THANK YOU FOR THE DOSE OF "LITTERATE-CANE". THAT IS A MADE UP NAME FOR THE "NEED WRITE MORE" STALL. [METHYLCHLOROISOTHYAZOLINONE], THAT IS IN MY SHAMPOO. WHY WOULD ANYONE PUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN SHAMPOO? NO WONDER I AM GOING BALD!

CROSSE DE SIGN,
I KNOW THAT YOU ARE WIND FOR MY SAIL. IF ONLY I CAN GET CONTROL OF THAT RUDDER.

DOC-D,
STAY ON SENOR DON JOSE, WHILE JUDYH IS AWAY.

JUDY,
SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR YOUR COMPUTER,AND WORK THE LEATHER AT THE END OF THAT INFAMOUS WHIP
MASTIFF4ME,
I HOPE THAT YOU RAISE THE BAR ON COFFEE. DON'T BRING BACK ANY OF THAT STUFF THAT THE CATS EAT AND DIGEST AND LEAVE FOR THE NATIVES TO COLLECT AND ROAST. I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THAT STUFF, BUT I KNOW CATMESS WHEN I STEP IN IT.

FOR ALL, SAFE TRAVELS, WALK WITH THE LORD AND STAY CLOSER TO EARTH THAN YOU ARE TO HIS HOUSE. HE MIGHT DECIDE THAT IT IS CLOSER TO HIS HOUSE THAN IT IS, BACK TO YOUR HOUSE. WE ALL HAVE WORK TO DO HERE.
HAPPY HUNTING.

HUMBLY YOURS.
MIKEL
#/;0)~
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: PLENTY MORE...

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH YES... I WILL SLEEP TONIGHT WITH A PENCIL AND PAPER AT THE HEAD OF THE BED. ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT I WILL WRITE WHILE MEDICATED.

GOOD NIGHT MY FRIENDS.
MIKEL
#/;0)~

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH YES... I WILL SLEEP TONIGHT WITH A PENCIL AND PAPER AT THE HEAD OF THE BED. ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT I WILL WRITE WHILE MEDICATED.

GOOD NIGHT MY FRIENDS.
MIKEL
#/;0)~

You know some of best creative works of literature was written in the same fashion.

Kanacki

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senorita Mastiff…….enjoy and take good care of Señor Don Jose………as for the mañana mentality……..perhaps it is better to adopt……….people here seem happier and way less stressed than in the states……
Happy to hear Amy is getting married. I miss her many posts made before she took on a new job…….
And our beloved black bird has been remiss in not squawking news of the youngest crow……..in fact, we have not heard much from Señor Crow of late……
Maybe it is time to bring the plank and saber to Señor Crow's island????

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DOC, I COULDN'T AGREE MORE ABOUT THE MANANA THEORY. EVEN BEING DISABLED HAS A TICKING CLOCK.
I WISH I COULD JUST THROW MY WRISTWATCH OUT THE WINDOW, BUT MY WIFE ASKS ME WHAT TIME IT IS SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. SHE HAS SEVERAL WATCHES AND DOES NOT WEAR THEM. PERHAPS NEXT TIME SHE ASKS ME FOR TIME, I SHOULD JUST GO GET HER WATCH AND HAND IT TO HER.

I ONCE WORKED WITH A MAN THAT CARRIED A POCKET WATCH. I ASKED HIM WHY HE DIDN'T JUST GET A WRISTWATCH. HE TOLD ME THAT IF HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PULL HIS WATCH OUT TO SEE WHAT TIME IT IS, THAT IT WAS TIME TO FIND A NEW JOB.

MARK TWAIN ONCE WROTE. " A PIPE IS A WONDERFUL THING. IT GIVES A WISE MAN TIME TO THINK BEFORE HE SPEAKS, AND IT GIVES A FOOL SOMETHING ELSE TO DO WITH HIS MOUTH, RATHER THAN SPEAK."

ON THAT NOTE, I WILL SHUT UP.
AT LEAST FOR A WHILE.

#/;0)~

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Sigh, I am a procrastinator also. I should have been writing instead of the other projects I have been involved with. Seems there are not enough hours in the day, as they slip away so fast anymore. I don't move as fast as I used to and it takes me longer to do simple chores. While shoveling snow I realized that I am not young anymore and need to allow more time for things I used to take for granted. Maybe soon the inspiration will hit me and I will resume writing my own book. Good Luck. rockhound

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So - where oh where is the younger generation who should take over? (and I don't mean all ya lovely ladies that frequent this forum).
it would seem that the majority of us (the posters) belong to the past generation - not as agile as we used to be, for some - a bit more wisdom for sure, but where is the get-up-and-go generation? *sigh* (maybe they just got up and went? ...)

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all are perfect just the way you are. The girls and I just want signed copies of EACH of your books. I will be patient, for a little while longer. Mañana is okay. I am ready for a little 'mañana' myself.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peeps go eat yer hearts out -- fresh roasting corn for dinner. :laughing7: I was gonna invite some of you, until I found out that I had already eaten your part. No corn eating on the polar bear skin rug tho---- That is reserved for wine sipping and swapping stories etc.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senorita Mastiff…….enjoy and take good care of Señor Don Jose………as for the mañana mentality……..perhaps it is better to adopt……….people here seem happier and way less stressed than in the states……
Happy to hear Amy is getting married. I miss her many posts made before she took on a new job…….
And our beloved black bird has been remiss in not squawking news of the youngest crow……..in fact, we have not heard much from Señor Crow of late……
Maybe it is time to bring the plank and saber to Señor Crow's island????

Howdy doc-d,

El Cuervo Especial is a busy man making the most out of his life. I could never thank him enough for all the treasure stories, and all the good advice he has shared with us in so little time. He stirred my imagination with his stories, and am glad to have shared some thoughts with him. I too hope he returns someday, but I would never threaten to put him on the plank after he has shared so much, I can only wish him the best with his wife and son.

Homar

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Coazon…….the threats to Senor Cuervo come from the dangerous duo, las senoritas JudyH y Mastiff…….there is no controlling them…..
It is best for our beloved black bird to resume posting……
Vaya con Dios

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Loke…….while we may be of an older generation, somewhat worse for the wear and abuse; that does not preclude us in pursuit of our objectives, only modifies the path……..something like working smarter……..
Given the younger generations disability of one hand always with smartphone/device, the same guiding their path though daily life…..I am not optimistic for much in the way of meaningful discovery.
Vaya con Dios

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judy posted ---> Keep these old outlaws in line while I'm gone

Old ??? Old?? 'll have you know that I am only 'entering' my third childhood !udy, snifff,

Hola Don Jose getting old age my friend is privilege my friend as many fail to arrive there. It is a badge of honor and the rank of long and prosperous life.

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread