Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose.

It been a long time. I am sorry to read about your loss.

I am on quick visit to show some documents that can be found in the Archivo HistĂłricos Municipal de Hidalgo del Parral (Parral Archive)

The archive spans a period between 1611 and 1821 and contains the civil colonial records of the Province of Nueva Viscaya, which today consists of the states of Chihuahua, Durango, Sonora, Sinaloa and part of Coahuila. Hidalgo del Parral was the unofficial capital for Nueva Viscaya for over 100 years, from the 1632s to the 1738s, and has the largest collection of Spanish colonial documents in northern Mexico.

The Gobierno y AdministraciĂłn section includes documents on mines and the granting of mines, petitions and disputes, labor and slavery, censuses and inventories, and the issuance and implementation of royal orders. It appears some of the mines pertaining to Tayopa may have been denounced?

The names given on the Tayopa mines appears to be shorter Anglicized names of the 18th century Spanish names. For example for Los Remedios mine.

There was letter the request of Ensign Diego Monje, about asking for a measure of the discovering a mine called by its full name "Nuestra Señora de los Remedios." Dated 1653.

Here is an example of the manuscript below. One of about 24 pages about the mine. There was dispute over financial reward for the discovery. It appears it took 11 years to resolve.

los remidios 1653.JPG

I hope you are well and the above document is of interest?

Amy

Attachments

• jesu maria joseph mine.JPG
    jesu maria joseph mine.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 96

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Amy, we all learn so much from your expertise. Thank you for sharing. :notworthy: Hope all is well with you and your family. Please hurry back.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John White,
Some history:
The Lady is standing upon the moon. Again, the symbolism is that of the woman of Rev. 12:1 who has the "moon under her feet". The moon for the Meso-Americans was the god of the night. By standing on the moon, she shows that she is more powerful than the god of darkness. However, in Christian iconography the crescent moon under the Madonna’s feet is usually a symbol of her perpetual virginity, and sometimes it can refer to her Immaculate Conception or Assumption.

The angel (or cherub) supporting the Lady testifies to her royalty. To the Meso-American Indians only kings, queens and other dignitaries would be carried on the shoulders of someone. The angel is transporting the Lady to the people as a sign that a new age has come.
Source:
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Symbolism of the Image
Don........

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John White,
Some history:
The Lady is standing upon the moon. Again, the symbolism is that of the woman of Rev. 12:1 who has the "moon under her feet". The moon for the Meso-Americans was the god of the night. By standing on the moon, she shows that she is more powerful than the god of darkness. However, in Christian iconography the crescent moon under the Madonna’s feet is usually a symbol of her perpetual virginity, and sometimes it can refer to her Immaculate Conception or Assumption.

The angel (or cherub) supporting the Lady testifies to her royalty. To the Meso-American Indians only kings, queens and other dignitaries would be carried on the shoulders of someone. The angel is transporting the Lady to the people as a sign that a new age has come.
Source:
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Symbolism of the Image
Don........

I am well aware of most of the information you posted Don...I am just stating that on the way to the real de minas I believe to be Guadalupe de Tayopa I passed a trail marker that was up to the belly of the mule I was on and the monument or marker had a crescent carved on it...I may be wrong in my reasoning that the crescent is associated with Tayopa...As for the Immaculate Conception or Assumption...I plead the 5th on the grounds it may incriminate me...lol...I believe that the minas are the coazon of the PSM's as well...But who can say for certain???

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone explain to me why the moon that the Virgin Mary stands on is white and the moon the Virgin de Guadalupe is standing on is black???And this is not a racist question...lol...After all...The Virgin de Guadalupe and the Virgin Mary are one and the same...Aren't they???

Here is an interesting link I posted a while back... https://onepeterfive.com/the-two-guadalupes-mary-and-the-crescent-moon/ ...At times I wonder IF the real de minas I came upon may be an ancient Muslim or Islamic group of mines???Could it have anything to do with the lady of revelation???

Ed T

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it nobody can explain albedo and nigredo to me...lol

Ed T

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a part of acts that can be transferred to the field, unnoticed if we are not careful.

I have spent a little less than two weeks in the waiting room for ICU, with my family, watching over my dad. After most of the days of high stress had passed and we all relaxed a bit I noticed something peculiar.

There were three elevators at the end of the waiting room, that all of us had used for over a week.

One day, one of them was out of service and was on the ground floor with a barricade around it with
DANGER printed three times! It was on the end of the group.

My brother and I came up in the center elevator and sat down with our brothers and sisters.
We asked the others if they had noticed the signs. Some had and others had been on the fourth floor from earlier.

As we sat there I noticed that folks were using it, so I pointed it out to my brother. We didn’t think about it again until we went back down to get a cup of coffee [emoji477]️ from the cafeteria.
We used the center elevator because it was there first.

When we stepped out, we noticed that the “Out of service “ elevator was still open and blocked. We got our coffee and returned to our group.
Shortly after getting settled into our nest, I watched the doors open and people got out. I pointed it out to my brother and he started to freak out a little bit. Then the doors opened again and people walked in...!

We explained it to the others and as they left and returned, they too reported the same things.

Nothing had caused us to notice which one we used for the last week, until one of them was down.

Now we were paying attention to everyone that used that elevator... no longer was it just us. We had the attention of most of the folks in the room, focused on that one elevator. They started using the center elevator also and were amazed every time anyone would step out of that one elevator.
Folks all over the room were theorizing all manner of possible solutions.

About midnight, I couldn’t stand it any more. There had to be some logical explanation.

We hatched a plan to have two of us go down in the center elevator and split up and return in different elevators. Clearly this would prove a theory, one way or another.

When I got into the only other working elevator and stepped out of the mystery elevator, pretty much everyone in the room was baffled [emoji50].

We stepped out at the same time, but I held my door open and started to step back into it, my brother grabbed my shirt, as if the elevator was gone! I’ll admit that he scared the crap out of me.
But I could see the floor and trusted that it was there, but he had a fear of entering an elevator backwards!! Big time!

Now keep in mind that everyone in the room was watching at this point and everyone gasped when he grabbed me. At this point there was more drama in the waiting room than the ICU.
There were people that went so far as to use the stairs!

After another half hour of guessing, I had all the guessing that I could stand.

I entered that mystery elevator and went to the ground floor and made a video with my iPhone.
I videoed the trip down, and stuck my right foot out and the path to the cafeteria and back and continued as I pressed four and the screen that showed which floor I was on until I stepped out and panned the same way as I had done while downstairs then forward, so that everyone knew that I had not tricked them.

The video cleared up all of the confusion.

The ground floor was set up one hundred eighty degrees from what we could imagine.

When I panned the camera to the left on the forth floor I realized that the cafeteria was under the ICU wing.

We had not noticed any of this, until one single defining thing caused us to doubt our simple minded thinking.

How often do we continue to see things as we expect them to be in the wilderness as we walk down the same old path, the same old way?
I, for one, hope that I will challenge my old thinking 🤔.

#/;0{>~

P.S. Dad is back to his normal life again. I had not mentioned anything about this publicly until he was okay.
I didn’t want to drag everyone down with it.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been a part of acts that can be transferred to the field, unnoticed if we are not careful.

I have spent a little less than two weeks in the waiting room for ICU, with my family, watching over my dad. After most of the days of high stress had passed and we all relaxed a bit I noticed something peculiar.

There were three elevators at the end of the waiting room, that all of us had used for over a week.

One day, one of them was out of service and was on the ground floor with a barricade around it with
DANGER printed three times! It was on the end of the group.

My brother and I came up in the center elevator and sat down with our brothers and sisters.
We asked the others if they had noticed the signs. Some had and others had been one the fourth floor from earlier.

As we sat there I noticed that folks were using it, so I pointed it out to my brother. We didn’t think about it again until we went back down to get a cup of coffee [emoji477]️ from the cafeteria.
We used the center elevator because it was there first.

When we stepped out, we noticed that the “Out of service “ elevator was still open and blocked. We got our coffee and returned to our group.
Shortly after getting settled into our nest, I watched the doors open and people got out. I pointed it out to my brother and he started to freak out a little bit. Then the doors opened again and people walked in...!

We explained it to the others and as they left and returned, they too reported the same things.

Nothing had caused us to notice which one we used for the last week, until one of them was down.

Now we were paying attention to everyone that used that elevator... no longer was it just us. We had the attention of most of the folks in the room, focused on that one elevator. They started using the center elevator also and were amazed every time anyone would step out of that one elevator.
Folks all over the room were theorizing all manner of possible solutions.

About midnight, I couldn’t stand it any more. There had to be some logical explanation.

We hatched a plan to have two of us go down in the center elevator and split up and return in different elevators. Clearly this would prove a theory, one way or another.

When I got into the only other working elevator and stepped out of the mystery elevator, pretty much everyone in the room was baffled [emoji50].

We stepped out at the same time, but I held my door open and started to step back into it, my brother grabbed my shirt, as if the elevator was gone! I’ll admit that he scared the crap out of me.
But I could see the floor and trusted that it was there, but he had a fear of entering an elevator backwards!! Big time!

Now keep in mind that everyone in the room was watching at this point and everyone gasped when he grabbed me. At this point there was more drama in the waiting room than the ICU.
There were people that went so far as to use the stairs!

After another half hour of guessing, I had all the guessing that I could stand.

I entered that mystery elevator and went to the ground floor and made a video with my iPhone.
I videoed the trip down, and stuck my right foot out and the path to the cafeteria and back and continued as I pressed four and the screen that showed which floor I was on until I stepped out and panned the same way as I had done while downstairs then forward, so that everyone knew that I had not tricked them.

The video cleared up all of the confusion.

The ground floor was set up one hundred eighty degrees from what we could imagine.

When I panned the camera to the left on the forth floor I realized that the cafeteria was under the ICU wing.

We had not noticed any of this, until one single defining thing caused us to doubt our simple minded thinking.

How often do we continue to see things as we expect them to be in the wilderness as we walk down the same old path, the same old way?
I, for one, hope that I will challenge my old thinking 樂.

#/;0{>~

P.S. Dad is back to his normal life again. I had not mentioned anything about this publicly until he was okay.
I didn’t want to drag everyone down with it.
========
Thanks for sharing Mikel and glad your father is better. I had to go take some aspirins because I got dizzy just trying to follow this. Strange things happen, or feel like they are happening, at hospitals for sure. Don Jose is stingy with the coffee so here is some I hid from him. :coffee2: :coffee2:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Senor Don Jose, I still want to hear more about your encounter with that giant snake in the Rio Grande was it ? :icon_scratch: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand the headache! We all had a group headache that day.

I had been there for more hours than any of the rest, but they had jobs to do before they could get back. None of us expected that he would be in ICU, from a broken hip.
So we had a short family reunion there.
When my oldest brother arrived from West Texas, he took all of us to breakfast to spend some time together without being in the hospital.
When we stopped to eat, I looked up at the sign and said, “ Really?”
A few asked what. I
I said, “ We all came together after Dad broke his hip, and we came to I-HOP?”

#/:0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,

Glad to hear that your Dad is doing good. Being there for him gave him a reason to fight and get better. He was blessed with a caring family.

That ordeal with the elevator, and I-HOP, shows that you are very observant. :icon_thumleft:

Su Amigo

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Mikel,

Glad to hear that your Dad is doing good. Being there for him gave him a reason to fight and get better. He was blessed with a caring family.

That ordeal with the elevator, and I-HOP, shows that you are very observant. :icon_thumleft:

Su Amigo
=======
Or a little "paranoid" ? :laughing7:
I make fun now Mikel as everything turned out well for you !

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Paranoia causes me to be very observant!

But it runs in my family too.

I think that the line between them is rather blurry.

#/80{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Veteran’s Day is observed today, in order to get a three day weekend, it’s a little like saying happy birthday on the day after...
All the same:
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR VETERANS, and all of the families who waited for your return.

To all that gave some, and
To the some that gave all.

Thank you all!
God bless you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread