Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don Jose,
You wrote: "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"
I remember that sentence was used in my high school typing class; how many times could it be written in one minute.
Of course that was long before electric typewriters.
Don..

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the picture of the mt Range and articlefrom 20 yeaRs AGO BY ONE OF THE contributers ?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigo Don Jose and fellow amigos

While years have slipped away amigo and for some of us have seen Christmas a wee more than most people. care to admit. I want to toast our good friend Done Jose Amigo wishing him and all of us a merry christmas in a year that has been challenging daunting and sometimes a lonely place to be?

Yet here we are amigo once again on the threshold of new year and Christmas upon us. While no doubt there is people is people in your lives that have passed on spare a pleasant memory for them in times past. For if are remembered in our hearts those who have go before us is and good times never forgotten regardless of what 2020 and 2021 throws at as.

Merry christmas and happy new year and stay safe.

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday amigo Don Jose and fellow amigos

While years have slipped away amigo and for some of us have seen Christmas a wee more than most people. care to admit. I want to toast our good friend Done Jose Amigo wishing him and all of us a merry christmas in a year that has been challenging daunting and sometimes a lonely place to be?

Yet here we are amigo once again on the threshold of new year and Christmas upon us. While no doubt there is people is people in your lives that have passed on spare a pleasant memory for them in times past. For if are remembered in our hearts those who have go before us is and good times never forgotten regardless of what 2020 and 2021 throws at as.

Merry christmas and happy new year and stay safe.

Crow

Hello Crow

Thanks for the best wishes and I also wish you and your family a blessed holiday season of Christmas and new year!

P.s. for everyone ,,, In lieu of yarns you can check this vintage comedy movie about a treasure or scavenger hunt,,,it is quite hilarious,,

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)

TT

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers , with greetings of the season to Trampe.

Cheers and seasons greetings to all here.

s-l400.jpg

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said, Crow.

sometimes I think that you may be more, a poet, than a pirate or profiteer.

Merry christmas amigo!

Although its really hard trying to feel like Christmas in my part of world its hot with 95% humidity It is steaming like being trapped in a sauna. Every bit of clothing is wet and sticky and chaffing every time ya move. All Old crow wants to do is sleep. Its very taxing mentally as well as physically. Here they call it the suicide season. Got another month of this weather at least.

Yet it is christmas regardless and that in itself require special efforts. I am a doer of many things amigo but master of none. This year I have been playing Santa this week. Every year I buy hundreds of lottery tickets and give them out to random people in the spirit of giving. Its not the present but the act of giving that lifts peoples spirits. It gives hope.

But many people are doing it for example.In several children toys stores a mysterious donor has paid off all toys in lay by for thousands of people. So even in the toughest of times there are people doing very good things. And this is why christmas should always be celebrated in the spirit of giving. Just as Jesus gave his life for us. We give in thanks of sharing the giving.

Cheers Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry christmas amigo!

Although its really hard trying to feel like Christmas in my part of world its hot with 95% humidity It is steaming like being trapped in a sauna. Every bit of clothing is wet and sticky and chaffing every time ya move. All Old crow wants to do is sleep. Its very taxing mentally as well as physically. Here they call it the suicide season. Got another month of this weather at least.

Yet it is christmas regardless and that in itself require special efforts. I am a doer of many things amigo but master of none. This year I have been playing Santa this week. Every year I buy hundreds of lottery tickets and give them out to random people in the spirit of giving. Its not the present but the act of giving that lifts peoples spirits. It gives hope.

But many people are doing it for example.In several children toys stores a mysterious donor has paid off all toys in lay by for thousands of people. So even in the toughest of times there are people doing very good things. And this is why christmas should always be celebrated in the spirit of giving. Just as Jesus gave his life for us. We give in thanks of sharing the giving.

Cheers Crow

That is a true statement Crow and it made me think.., That is one thing our capitalist generation needs to hear as Christmas in our generation has become a multi billion dollar business and money making time for many. But it is supposed to be all about giving as God gave his son Jesus Christ to the world and Christ gave his life to the world...hence it is nice to hear stories about people caring and giving to others at this time...Many things in our generation have changed there original intent like this. For instance one can think of the concept of the 'Hospital' . In my humble opinion the concept of the hospital as we know it mostly started as a charity and act of kindness by medieval churches and Christian religious orders intended to freely care and treat travelling weary pilgrims that were on tiresome pilgrimage treks to sites across Europe and Israel. But later it evolved and now in our generation it has become a multi billion money making business. But in the middle of this there are still stories now and then of doctors volunteering to remote places risking their lives to treat people. The Covid crisis has also shown the sacrifice of many such generous souls. Thanks for reminding us about sharing and giving .

TT

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
TT, it's cool, but your mindset is a product of your culture

charity is not a christian monopoly
more likely a "human" characteristic

Don José - a hella good year

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

Merry christmas amigos

And also merry christmas that dead beat of beach bum of pirate Crow. It appears hes been off playing Santa and he has other work to do? I know you lurking here somewhere? We have some work to do next year. Depending on borders being open again?

Anyway I hope everyone has a merry christmas and a happy new years and stay safe.

Kanacki

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
indeed curious how appreciation has morphed into misappropriation
clearly all will never be pleased

you need some kind of award Crow, a perfect phrase for our times

A Merry politically incorrect Christmas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread