Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will thank God, as His loyal servant, if He will fulfill Joseph's wills and prayers.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs. O, if your in contact or have a way to send on the message, please let him know that people here are giving warm wishes and extending :coffee2:

I know these times are difficult for family/friends considering the restrictions on contact.

I don’t know “Don Jose” as well as most, but I knew enough from our limited interaction to respect him from afar. I’m positive he’s got good friends welcoming him on both sides of this world if that’s OK to say.

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose amigo

Where ever you are in this world or the next our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday All

I notice he has not visited the site January 21 2021. I sent him an email he has not replied that is unusual for Don Jose so I hope he is alright? But at his age although he has done very well to get his age. We know of his declining health of late sadly I fear the worst.....

Crow

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the news crow, linkedln, facebook, quiet for weeks also,
lets hope for the best for the old guacamole!

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A member by the name "mrs.oroblanco" was the first to send the message that Don Jose needs our prayers...it would be helpful if the same person would give us an update on the situation...

TT

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos thanks for the updates.

If anyone finds anything out please keep us posted.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday all

I have tried online obituaries and found no reference to his passing but that is not certain

I have sent emails and PMs. Sadly I have not heard back. Due to Don Jose's age. And deteriorating health. I fear Sadly he may have passed away?

While there is a part of me secretly hoping he posts again saying he had a computer glitch another part realizes that his time has come to ride off into the sunset.

don jose.jpg

His stories of his life in old Mexico with his mule, his time in Border patrol, a pilot and service WW2 and most of all his search for Tayopa has captivated many of us over 17 odd years and some people no doubt even longer. His humor and charm had won us over amigos. He was a reflection of a time and place now since long gone. But not in our memories.

Like with all passing memories of the people we have met shared a yarn with laughed and occasionally even disagreed with. Joseph Curry was gentleman of the old school that lived his life on his terms and loved his precious Bertie more than all the treasure of Tayopa itself. A lesson for us all seekers and dreamers of treasure Amigos that treasure is maybe closer to us all more than we think?

So ride on Don Jose Amigo into that final sunset with your precious Bertie back at your side into the twilight of that eternal light,and sleep well my friend its been a privilege sharing yarns around the fire with you.

097a8f902377c32e47503b3607ed5c75.jpg

Crow

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Don
I understand the concern, but why on earth would one of us initiate such an intrusion?
Suggest letting it be, if needed we will be informed. The prayers?

Thinking of Don José

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill,
We would initiate such a request out of concern for his well being and our love for the guy.
Perhaps I should have kept it in the first person context: 'I' will initiate such a request if I know his address.
In my book, taking action to see if a friend is OK is not considered an 'intrusion'.
Don......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread