May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last Roman Site we were on wasn't producing enough so this nearby option seemed the next best try.
It's a small Late Medieval Hamlet that the Historic Record had in the wrong field. A couple of years back we proved our theory with all the evidence you would expect to find associated with such a site. The other field had no signs at all, so we have mapped it now where it should be.
The aim was to get 1 hammered, although I hoped for 2.
We did 4 hours before I got too hot, plus I got the hammered at the 3.5 hour point, so job done.

4 17th C Buttons
French Jetton
17th C Spur Buckle
WWI Royal Engineers Cap Badge
Broken Tudor Thimble
Tudor Strap-end
2 17th C Leather Adornments
14th C Medieval Buckle
17th C Religious Pendant or Rosary Medallion (Catholic I think) - My oldest example. Not sure what's going on on both sides, I can see 2 people either side of Christ on the Cross, maybe 1 on the right has a spear, one on left not sure, other side has someone kneeling on the left side looking at maybe Mary on the right? (anyone?)
Henry VIII Halfpenny

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Upvote 31

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last Roman Site we were on wasn't producing enough so this nearby option seemed the next best try.
It's a small Late Medieval Hamlet that the Historic Record had in the wrong field. A couple of years back we proved our theory with all the evidence you would expect to find associated with such a site. The other field had no signs at all, so we have mapped it now where it should be.
We did 4 hours before I got too hot, plus I got the hammered at the 3.5 hour point, so job done.

4 17th C Buttons
French Jetton
17th C Spur Buckle
Broken Tudor Thimble
Tudor Strap-end
14th C Medieval Buckle
17th C Religious Pendant or Rosary Medallion (Catholic I think) - My oldest example. Not sure what's going on on both sides, I can see 2 people either side of Christ on the Cross, maybe 1 on the right has a spear, one on left not sure, other side has someone kneeling on the left side looking at maybe Mary on the right? (anyone?)
Henry VIII Halfpenny

View attachment 2039562 View attachment 2039563 View attachment 2039565 View attachment 2039566 View attachment 2039567 View attachment 2039568
Awesome as always. Congratulations!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4 17th C Buttons
French Jetton
17th C Spur Buckle
Broken Tudor Thimble
Tudor Strap-end
14th C Medieval Buckle
Henry VIII Halfpenny

View attachment 2039562 View attachment 2039563 View attachment 2039565 View attachment 2039566 View attachment 2039567 View attachment 2039568
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4 17th C Buttons
French Jetton
17th C Spur Buckle
Broken Tudor Thimble
Tudor Strap-end
14th C Medieval Buckle
Henry VIII Halfpenny

That must have been an interesting discovery for the farmer and other locals to find out the site was in a different location....

Congratulations on the hammered and pendant...the pendant is very cool.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The military GR medallion is interesting. Do you know what part of the uniform it is and what unit it is?
WWI Royal Engineers Cap Badge - Went on the front of the beret. There is a hard to see V between the GR denoting King George 5th/V.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread