dig.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reminds me of the time I was searching a yard in town with my Brother-in-law. He had found a really nice looking 18k gold band with what looked like about a 1.5 carat diamond in it.
It was getting dark when I asked him if I could look at it. When he handed it to me, I dropped it in the street. The stone went flying into the street. :o
Have you ever tried to find a certain small stone in the street at night? Not easy! We had to crawl around by the curb with the headlights of the car as lights. We finally found it. Later we took it to a jeweler. Turns out it was cubic zirconium.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, good thing it was not real and lost forever. A lot of tricks in finding diamonds, you can get a type of sunglass that a diamonds reflection will flicker almost constantly and other trash will stop the closer you get. People lose diamonds in grocery stores offten and can be found if you have a well trained eye. The diamonds under florescent light will look as small spots of light themselves. Even in sidewalk cracks stones can accumulate stones also get stuck in oil. Blown or sweep ed across the ground and sticking in the oil. Get those out with a piece of wood press it onto the stone and pick up the embedded gem. Stones fall out very often and can be found often in the most obvious spots you just have to know what to look for or what to do.

HH!!

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on people this is a good post, talk it up!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 213
E

Einstein

my daddy found a large diamond when he was a kid and he still has it somewhere he says. I found a very nice ring just lying in the side of the street, I spent hours looking for the massive diamond that came out of it. Me and another person searched for days actually. Never found it and come to think of it I dont even know what happened to the ring... hmm

D

deacon

Need more info on glasses. All I see are sparkles from broken glass every where. Do they need to be polarized and if so what color? Grey, green, brown?

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry everyone, I should have said you use polarized sunglasses as for color I don't think it matters. The e-mail I got never said and I never tried it myself.

HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions