MODERN DAY CACHES WORTH THOUSANDS

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I didn't see it mentioned, but most are in a section of 6" pvc pipe about 1' long with a cap on one end and a removable plug on the other end. The contents contain enough ( metal) mostly coins to trigger a 2 box. I have seen videos of some of the other caches. The gold cross cache is in a metal box of the type used for a cash box. That box is shown in post #1.

That box didn't look watertight, so I guess the well is out, as well as the creekbed.... Or somewhere it could get wet. That gives me some ideas boyoboy!!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That box didn't look watertight, so I guess the well is out, as well as the creekbed.... Or somewhere it could get wet. That gives me some ideas boyoboy!!

That metal box holds the gold cross cache. The swamp cache is probable watertite PVC 6" pipe. I think the well is partially filled. The foundation just might hold the original cache of gold coins. The foundation is still there. Might spend a few days up there if it warms up a bit.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That metal box holds the gold cross cache. The swamp cache is probable watertite PVC 6" pipe. I think the well is partially filled. The foundation just might hold the original cache of gold coins. The foundation is still there. Might spend a few days up there if it warms up a bit.

Wait! Are you saying there are two separate caches hidden in the same area?

And you might want to check the road. It sounds like your truck may be a duelly and that might cause some issues if the trail gets too narrow. But when you go (notice I didn't say "if"), It is a long hike if you get stranded, so bring a sturdy bike and/or someone you know riding shotgun.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
There are 2 caches in Clinton County each worth app. $20k.
YEP IT IS A 4 (6) WHEEL DRIVE Duelly. It is an 8' wide motorhome that is 11.5' high and I carry a chain saw :). It has seen some back woods driving and some jeep trails out west. In PA open carry is legal so I will be carrying my Glock. Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go prepared, for sure!
It's advertised and you never know who or what you'll run into.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am confused then, because H.B. stated in his W.S. cache that he included the cross, emerald(s), and the big huge ruby.

The only other treasure I heard him speak of was the long lost treasure of Reaville that is said to be buried in the same area. But that treasure, although can be considered a cache, is 1. Not verified to exist, and 2. Wasn't hidden someplace where someone knows where it is and is giving clues.

Am I wrong? I thought the "hidden cross" refered to the 24kt gold guilded cross.... the one with the emeralds and pearls, planted with the big huge 200 and something carat ruby.

After reading the back-posts, that is what I am gathering anyways.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I am confused then, because H.B. stated in his W.S. cache that he included the cross, emerald(s), and the big huge ruby.

The only other treasure I heard him speak of was the long lost treasure of Reaville that is said to be buried in the same area. But that treasure, although can be considered a cache, is 1. Not verified to exist, and 2. Wasn't hidden someplace where someone knows where it is and is giving clues.

Am I wrong? I thought the "hidden cross" refered to the 24kt gold guilded cross.... the one with the emeralds and pearls, planted with the big huge 200 and something carat ruby.

After reading the back-posts, that is what I am gathering anyways.

There are 10 caches that he has hidden. The cross on rock cache is the only one with a cross, otherwise it is similar to the swamp cache. Those two are in Clinton Co. Pa.
Full info has only been presented on the swamp cache.
There was a cache at Wolfs Run that has been found.
There is a cache in VA. near Natural bridge that hasn't been found. The clues are out on that one.

The cross cash is in an iron box because the cross would not fit the 6" PVC tube he usually uses.

treasure hunter HCB.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote:

"The only other treasure I heard him speak of was the long lost treasure of Reaville that is said to be buried in the same area. But that treasure, although can be considered a cache, is 1. Not verified to exist, and 2. Wasn't hidden someplace where someone knows where it is and is giving clues."

I'm not researching any of the caches..yet ,really... though did the Wolf Run one.
Reaville treasure being mentioned suggests (to me anyway) that he is giving a clue to the area/site of his particular cache in that area.
A historical relation to an area is often a part of his work when applicable. That includes local lore and fact both to describe the terrain and or location or clues to other clues..

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There are 10 caches that he has hidden. The cross on rock cache is the only one with a cross, otherwise it is similar to the swamp cache. Those two are in Clinton Co. Pa.
Full info has only been presented on the swamp cache.
There was a cache at Wolfs Run that has been found.
There is a cache in VA. near Natural bridge that hasn't been found. The clues are out on that one.

The cross cash is in an iron box because the cross would not fit the 6" PVC tube he usually uses.

View attachment 1256733

I am only going by what was said in the video. He said the cross just fits, and that he was putting all the other stuff in with it.

I know you know a lot frankn, but now I am being reminded of my buddy who I told to watch out for the cat while he backed down the drive. He said" the cat is supposed to be inside, I saw him there" and kept going. I saw the cat...., but he didn't.... so it wasn't there to him... until we were burying him (the cat) later on after getting crushed by the truck tire. But I understood... the cat "usually" was inside.

Also, wasn't the cross on rock a treasure he was seeking, not a cache he was hiding?

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lost Cross Cache. Google it. I see a metal box.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Reading the whole series of lost cross posts, it shows how this Woodsy Swamp morphed out of the lost cross, where he kept saying the book was almost done. And he showed the metal box in the same lost cross thread. Well, the book ended up being Woodsy Swamp I. The end. YES, the author wrote another story/book about the lost cross, but that was about the folklure only of the original lost treasure... the one estimated to be worth $3000,000 or more.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The 9/20/15 video near the end said it(the Lost Cross Cache) was going in the ground the following day.

Woodsy Swamp in in the ground and being sought through available clues/reading..

For the Lost Cross Cache the original cross on rocks location will help in locating the cache planted by the same party as the other caches.
The area's history will too. As Frankn wrote.. the full details are not out on the Cross Cache yet.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
OK Here it is.
Lost Cross cache in metal box: A brief video is out, but full clues have not been released.

Woodsy Swamp Cache in 6" PVC tube: full story and clues out. One active hunter has been on site. Cache still there.

Virginia/ Natural Bridge Cache in 6" PVC tube brush covered only. Clues are out. Several active hunters are getting close. Cache still there.

Wolf Run cache: Found!

That about sums it up. Frank Iron furnace.jpg

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well then "holy cow"!!! Two treasures described as exactly the same.... Buried in two places. That's amazing how he got two of everything to make two separate caches. Wow he is good!!!!!

Care to read what is in each cache guys? Go on.... Tell us. What's in the Woodsy Swamp Cache? What's in the Lost Cross Cache? Strange that they both (according to you guys) contain the same 219carat ruby!!!!! Strange that they both contain a guided cross encrusted with pearls and emeralds. Amazing!!!!

And you guys wonder why the other site is a ghost town compared to this one. It is because of snobs who put down everyone else who detects that doesn't look for treasure. I've heard many of them... present company not excluded, bash the majority of people detecting calling them mere park and field hunters, ones that don't last, aren't any good, don't hunt treasure, etc etc... And here we go, bringing the same attitude to TN. Save it and treat beginners the same as veterans. I am not talking to anyone in particular.... But I hate snobs!!!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well then "holy cow"!!! Two treasures described as exactly the same.... Buried in two places. That's amazing how he got two of everything to make two separate caches. Wow he is good!!!!!

Care to read what is in each cache guys? Go on.... Tell us. What's in the Woodsy Swamp Cache? What's in the Lost Cross Cache? Strange that they both (according to you guys) contain the same 219carat ruby!!!!! Strange that they both contain a guided cross encrusted with pearls and emeralds. Amazing!!!!

And you guys wonder why the other site is a ghost town compared to this one. It is because of snobs who put down everyone else who detects that doesn't look for treasure. I've heard many of them... present company not excluded, bash the majority of people detecting calling them mere park and field hunters, ones that don't last, aren't any good, don't hunt treasure, etc etc... And here we go, bringing the same attitude to TN. Save it and treat beginners the same as veterans. I am not talking to anyone in particular.... But I hate snobs!!!!!

Wow! Rant on misinterpreted tangents much?
You are a wee bit off on all three paragraphs.
Gilded perhaps too , rather than guided , but hey your tellin it.

Good luck with your puzzles there "au-artifax".:icon_scratch:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow! Rant on misinterpreted tangents much?
You are a wee bit off on all three paragraphs.
Gilded perhaps too , rather than guided , but hey your tellin it.

Good luck with your puzzles there "au-artifax".:icon_scratch:

The misspelling of gilded was due to auto correct on my tablet. For give me! But then again, being caught up on trivial issues like spelling just proves one of my points at least, especially in the face of bigger issues that you never bothered to address.

I will have fun though, and not chase after scattered clues for two cahes that actually is one. I don't blame you guys though, because you've been simply misdirected. Tsk tsk, pity.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The misspelling of gilded was due to auto correct on my tablet. For give me! But then again, being caught up on trivial issues like spelling just proves one of my points at least, especially in the face of bigger issues that you never bothered to address.

I will have fun though, and not chase after scattered clues for two cahes that actually is one. I don't blame you guys though, because you've been simply misdirected. Tsk tsk, pity.

Can you say due diligence? Can you transfer it to a less than legal requirement but still seek truth by doing your homework instead of demanding others do , or explain it for you?
Can you look at two pictures of two different crosses and understand they are not the same cross?
If you can then you may even be able to begin to research the differences in size and features of them. Maybe,just maybe.
Then you might graduate to finding the answers to your other accusations such as a ruby or rubies and again compare their differences.
Park hunting? Me? L.o.l.
I've wheelchaired all over the local parks. Dug lot's of plugs too.
Introduced others to detecting without belittling them or casting misdirection at them or looking down on them.

If your goal is to misdirect readers just say so.
Your writing sure suggests it.
Perhaps a bitterness over another cache you choose to pursue misdirection rather than diligence on while trying to convince others of your being right.
This thread is not about you or myself.
It is about legit caches.
Any one ,(well those who fact find themselves rather than read your or my writings) can find answers to by applying a version of due diligence.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, Let me explain, The Cross Cache was a special one that was added in. It was used to make a video that just might be on TV.
Hay, I do some park and ghost site hunting too. I don't look down on this. It got me started back in the '70s. I am also good at yard hunting, but I realize that cache hunting is a much harder thing to do. I look at these caches as a challenge. I also look at them as verified sites. If you want to see a joke, look at Fenn's 'poem'. It has a million meanings. There is an old saying. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread