Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Frankn; said:
Was set to make a run for this cache. Had the MN all fueled up and all the detectors checked out. Then came the bad news, 2 ' of snow. This cache will be snowed in till spring thaw. The ground is frozen rock solid up there at 1500' elevation. Frank

Uh..... Which one? Hmmmm!? Now if I were someone believing, I mean reeaaally believing there were two caches in the same area, I would definitely say I was going to make a run on "these" caches. Hmmmmm!?!?

Just my honest investigative opinion though.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was set to make a run for this cache. Had the MN all fueled up and all the detectors checked out. Then came the bad news, 2 ' of snow. This cache will be snowed in till spring thaw. The ground is frozen rock solid up there at 1500' elevation. Frank

Leave it to snow to put a damper on treasure hunting...and finding.
Hang in there Frank.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be too cold and too much snow in Connecticut to be out searching for single coins and buried treasures. Snow coming Saturday, January 23.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya all our treasure will be covered by 3-6" or 7-12" of snow if the storm moves a little mire north.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Uh..... Which one? Hmmmm!? Now if I were someone believing, I mean reeaaally believing there were two caches in the same area, I would definitely say I was going to make a run on "these" caches. Hmmmmm!?!?

Just my honest investigative opinion though.

They are in the same COUNTY! Clinton. The terrain in both areas is rough and hilly, and they both are at 1K'+ height. Do some research and check out the facts yourself.
I have never seen a rich Doubting Thomas!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think his goal is to put a cache in each state. I think the pdf is free. The book pdf to the one that was found was free.
Hay, the clues are realistic, not some way out poem. The one that was found used turtles carved on trees and 'deformed' tree limbs plus some rocks as clues. Frank
I total disagree with all your comments pertaining to this so call treasure hunter. Each to their own. Good hunting and good luck. I am just interesting is searching for Captain Kidd treasures in Connecticut.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's will be closer to 2'. I have 15" already and it is coming down heavily. Frank

That's what we were getting last winter one right after the other and sub freezing temps.
Just a nasty winter.

I hope you have a snow blower Frank.
Speaking of that, I once found a twenty with a snow bower, I was surprised it wasn't ripped!

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
All of us would like to know the answers to your questions. Good luck and good hunting.

I am not sure if anyone hears you HS. This whole thread is an attempt to get more members for the other treasure hunting site. The other site is OK, but if you are not strictly a metal detector user, comments I have read or heard said they look down at and snub you, or just plain ignore you at times, or generally aren't able to or don't want to follow a non-detectorists discussions. TN talks about ALL aspects of treasure hunting which is why I spend most of my time here. Other sites... well they have their "barkers" and sometimes they try to paint themselves on TN as another Columbus, or embellishing on other facts to pass as the "authority" on a subject.

Comments in this thread about "due diligence" have surfaced, which I think is great! Before playing that card though, consider the "internet". The internet tells all and has no mercy when it comes to falsehoods. Somebody will always spot conflicting statements or contradictions when surfing the web. Being discovered as having made a contradiction usually has the offender using distraction statements accusing others as not having used (yup!) " due diligence ".

How not to contradict yourself?....

By embracing this guideline:

A great thing about TRUTH..... you don't have to remember it.., it,s always the same.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They are in the same COUNTY! Clinton. The terrain in both areas is rough and hilly, and they both are at 1K'+ height. Do some research and check out the facts yourself.
I have never seen a rich Doubting Thomas!

For those of us following both sites and FB, I am not impressed by your recollection of the facts.

Example, in the first few posts of this thread, in November, it was mentioned about the cross Cache being buried and how far down, and even showing a photo proported to be of the host burying the Cache in question,

but on the other site it wasn't buried until around Dec 31st, as the host kept saying "any day now" more than a few times until that date.

Also, miraculously everyone stopped talking about it and the thread went dead Jan. 1st. But then a new thread picked up the action with a Cache containing a cross with a new name attached.

But, if the original poster's comments are true, then this means someone finally figured out a way to see into the future; bridge the time space continuum etc etc...!

I see a nobel Prize in someone's future for sure

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Sam, don't know do you? Makes you kind of wonder! How about actually doing some research and letting us know.
Well Frankn, I do not believe your story about retired treasure hunter bury treasure that he had found. Each to their own. Also, I do not like competition. I do not search for buried treasures in Connecticut that is published in books and magazines, including the so call buried treasure During the Rev. War of 13 wagons loads of gold coins that was robbed at Bates Tavern in East Granby, which I research and is total untrue. I let you do the research on your story and let us all know the details, which I am not interesting in. I agree with my friend in # 92.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn didn't say he absolutely knew 100% for sure, he said "I think" and that the clues "sounded realistic".
The only way any of us know 100% for sure where a cache is buried, is to have been there when it was cached, or to have found it. Anything in between is a guess based on what ever facts we can prove or a plauseable guess. If any one "knows for sure" where a cache is, likely it won't be there for long, barring unforseen circumstances.
In most cache stories runs a thread or two of truth.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
That's what we were getting last winter one right after the other and sub freezing temps.
Just a nasty winter.

I hope you have a snow blower Frank.
Speaking of that, I once found a twenty with a snow bower, I was surprised it wasn't ripped!

Well, we had 22" total. I have one of those gray plastic grain shovels that work great in snow and a 39 year old son that doesn't like me shoveling snow.
He shoveled out 200' of drive before the neighbor came over and plowed out the remaining 200' to the road with her 4wd tractor.
Hay, I didn't know that snow blowers tipped! LOL
I am going to try to get a jeep before next winter and put a plow setup on it. Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a tip for Ya counter balance weight in the rear of the vehicle, cause even our F-150 4X4 with a plow won't do the job unless it has weight in the back bed. Sand, logs, etc what ever.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
For those of us following both sites and FB, I am not impressed by your recollection of the facts.

Example, in the first few posts of this thread, in November, it was mentioned about the cross Cache being buried and how far down, and even showing a photo proported to be of the host burying the Cache in question,

but on the other site it wasn't buried until around Dec 31st, as the host kept saying "any day now" more than a few times until that date.

Also, miraculously everyone stopped talking about it and the thread went dead Jan. 1st. But then a new thread picked up the action with a Cache containing a cross with a new name attached.

But, if the original poster's comments are true, then this means someone finally figured out a way to see into the future; bridge the time space continuum etc etc...!

I see a nobel Prize in someone's future for sure

I think your problem is you can't keep your caches straight. I explained it before to you. There were 10 caches placed all around the USA and on an island.
Only one ,called the Cross On Rock cache has a gold cross in it. Why do you have a hard time understanding that? The clues for the Cross cache have not been given out yet. There was a video on the Cross cache though, but not the clues. The clues mentioned here are for the Swamp cache. Both caches are in Clinton County PA.

I post on 4 TH sites. The GPAA site is mostly prospecting. One other is mostly a detector sales site, and the other is mostly confined to detecting and research. Hay, I don't knock any site. They are all different in there approach to THing.

As for the Internet, Facebook, I post on several sites there.

I put up this thread to give others a bit of info on modern cache locations out there. You don't have to read it. I am sure there are others that don't realize caches worth thousands are still being placed. You seem skeptical about these caches! Have you read any of the threads about the Fenn poem. Now that is fantisy. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well Frankn, I do not believe your story about retired treasure hunter bury treasure that he had found. Each to their own. Also, I do not like competition. I do not search for buried treasures in Connecticut that is published in books and magazines, including the so call buried treasure During the Rev. War of 13 wagons loads of gold coins that was robbed at Bates Tavern in East Granby, which I research and is total untrue. I let you do the research on your story and let us all know the details, which I am not interesting in. I agree with my friend in # 92.

Are you saying you like your own posts SAM?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn didn't say he absolutely knew 100% for sure, he said "I think" and that the clues "sounded realistic".
The only way any of us know 100% for sure where a cache is buried, is to have been there when it was cached, or to have found it. Anything in between is a guess based on what ever facts we can prove or a plauseable guess. If any one "knows for sure" where a cache is, likely it won't be there for long, barring unforseen circumstances.
In most cache stories runs a thread or two of truth.

These hunts for modern treasure are like a game of skill in research. The general story is given out, then maybe a video "teaser" is posted, then the clues are released as a PDF for viewing or printing out. The Swamp PDF is about 40 pages. Some Hints are also given out on the discussion posts about the cache. It's real. One cache has been found. I followed those clues and just missed it. There were turtles carved on trees and marker rocks and odd natural features that led to that cache.
The swamp cache is a bit harder. Some of the clues are coded. Not my favorite thing. I am going to have to logic this one out from deductions from the story. Frank

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn: Explain your insults in # 98 and explain the meaning of # 99. Almost everyday I received Like Comments for serious and funny comments. If I did not like my comments, and believe that most members would not like them, then I would not post then. Good hunting and good luck.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Frankn my good man, "Cross on Rock" is a " tale" of a legendary treasure, not a Cache buried as part of Beil's exodus burying caches. Really though, you are the only one talking anywhere about a second Cache in the area. In fact you keep mentioning it on the other site and nobody ever responds to your comments about it.... no doubt busy scratching their heads wondering what you are talking about. You even said you had two "X,s" on one cache, and three "X,s" on the other, and still nobody commented about there being two caches.
Did you not notice the other comments asking where your "X,s" were for THE Cache? Nobody yet has used a "plural" in speaking of the Clinton county Cache burial.... just you and anyone who blindly accepts what you have to say.

And wait.... I can see it coming, you are going to go on about me not doing my research and due diligence again. Whenever confronted with a discrepancy you play the "do your research, practice due diligence" card, without providing even the slightest of supporting evidence. You turn the tab!es. How about practicing what you preach and provide a reference... ANY reference, supporting your "twin Cache" theory. You talked about a video yet none is available; you mentioned dates that do not coincide with the official statements given on the website sponsoring the caches; you confuse historical accounts with the designed cache stories.

I am not saying you are purposely misleading people or making false statements. I am however suggesting your research is not perfect. An example would be how I mentioned the probable location of John Realville's first home, and you shot back the elevation it must have been at, further suggesting it was wrong. But you never considered that surveys almost two hundred years ago was almost like using sticks and stones while using "strides and paces" for lateral measurements, while today we use satellite radar imagery and echo devices to sense fractions of inches. For the most part this is using inaccurate and/or ineffectual information to support your theories.

Your "resume'" of where you post and visit are not proof of your accuracy either, nor are they impressive to everyone. Look how many places you can find posts about Fenn, but in your mind they are all false. Moral here is that frequency of posting is not a very good indicator of correctness, so neither is your resume of how much you get around. In fact, I find them ( your posts and differing renditions between sites) quite contradictory. To use an assimilation, no matter how many time Frankn's says the White house in Washington is purple, it will still be just plain old "white", regardless of how many web sites he uses.

As far as your #96 post, the immediate problem I have is you never addressed the contradictions. You just painted over everything with subjective comments and hearsay. Nor did you address the level and direction of comments, (or more accurately " lack of" comments) concerning the phantom "lost cross cache on the other site. Try again maybe?

BTW, neither of your "X,s" are on the right location for the one and only Cache in Clinton County Pa!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread