20 K would buy a very nice snow blower! :D

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Between a 30" blizzard christmas week and 12"+ last week we still have 2' plus on the ground. There are no bare spots here and probably not for at lease another 2 weeks. We'll probably still have snow on the ground into May. Thanks elnino we really needed the moisture!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for Ya, we had the winter from hell last year!
Total snow fall 9 feet, the last of the "piles" melted in July.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I feel for Ya, we had the winter from hell last year!
Total snow fall 9 feet, the last of the "piles" melted in July.

You forgot to turn on your global warming. LOL Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot to turn on your global warming. LOL Frank

Lol! I knew I should have thrown another few logs on the fire! Won't make that mistake this year! :D

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, the old gray outside cat passed away lase night. Had to bury her in the family cemetery. The ground was actually kind of mushy. Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry your cat passed away Frankn. It was good you could at least bury her with out having to use a pick axe.

We have a wood stove HS, keeps the house toasty.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Sorry your cat passed away Frankn. It was good you could at least bury her with out having to use a pick axe.

We have a wood stove HS, keeps the house toasty.

I feed the strays people dump out here. There are 3 left, probably more in spring.

I bought the 2 barrel wood stove kit. Next winter It will be putting out 145K BTUs. I just need to pick up the barrels and convert my 4" flu to a 6". That is the costly part.
Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same, feed the homeless cats. There are at lest 5 here. I'm pretty sure 3 of them are dinning around the neighborhood cause I don't see them as often and they are not as scruffy looking as the 2 black cats that I see more often here.

I feed the birds in The back and cats out front...once in a while the two meet up. :sly:I've only seen one cat fast & smart enough to get a bird, just once.:eek:

Our wood stove uses the single wall black pipes, those are getting harder to find when we replace the pipes. Stores have the shiny silver double walled more expensive pipes more and more now.

I guess I hang on to the old working appliances too long...they don't make bags for my vacuum any more I have to make a reusable one. And my water pitcher filter is discontinued.....doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I do the same, feed the homeless cats. There are at lest 5 here. I'm pretty sure 3 of them are dinning around the neighborhood cause I don't see them as often and they are not as scruffy looking as the 2 black cats that I see more often here.

I feed the birds in The back and cats out front...once in a while the two meet up. :sly:I've only seen one cat fast & smart enough to get a bird, just once.:eek:

Our wood stove uses the single wall black pipes, those are getting harder to find when we replace the pipes. Stores have the shiny silver double walled more expensive pipes more and more now.

I guess I hang on to the old working appliances too long...they don't make bags for my vacuum any more I have to make a reusable one. And my water pitcher filter is discontinued.....doesn't make sense.

I built my home 16 years ago so all the appliances were new then except a backup refrigerator Which I got from my mother. It was about 15 years old.
The new refrig compressor died at 10 years old. It was cheaper to replace it with another new one on sale then repair it. The old refig is now about 30 years old and works fine. The electric hot water heater element went out at about 10 years and I replaced it my self and was reinbursed under the warrenty which was 12 yeare. It started leaking from the top welded on fitting at 11 years and 6 months and they replaced it.

The new national code for wood buring fireplaces requires double walled flue pipe out side.

I feed the cats under the cat house and the birds ,that probably eat most take there chances during the day. At night the racoons, a skunk, and a possum. seam to take turns at the leftovers. It drives the dogs nuts at night. Frank

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to hear that you both feed the homeless cats.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: I help feed the "jetty" cats that are constantly being abandoned on our south jetty. We build shelters for them also.

DSCN9096.JPG

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about the new pipe requirement. We've had our wood stove since 1982. It sits in front of a fire place and is vented up the chimney. We'd need an adaptor piece for the top.

I guess at this point the word "quality"no longer applies to new appliances sold here.

We only have homeless cats here I guess they out run the animal control officer.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Get my flue pipe from Northern tool and equippment, on line. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Back to the swamp cache. I have been going over the clues which are hidden in a story. I now need some boots on ground time, but the weather is not cooperating so I have been going over my equipment. Probably will not need the snake boots till it gets warmer. The 2 Box is tuned up and tested. It goes about 12 ' out to the side. I can cover a lot of territory quickly. The MH needs above freezing weather for best operation. It is fuled up except for water.
The daffodils are just beginning to poke out of the ground. That usually happens about 2 weeks before it starts to warm up. Just waiting, Frank

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep is the cache buried? I think you told me but my brain turns to mush in winter.
What type of location clues did the guy give, like historical markers, approx. GPS location, near by roads, ?

I need to get active in some cache searches it's been a while. Keeps me from going nuts during winter.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The clues are hidden in a story. The road is named. I suspect the cache which is probably in a 1' length of 6" PVC pipe caped on ends and painted camo, is not truly buried, but rather covered with brush near an object named in the story. There is a crude map in the PDF he furnishes for free. No GPS locations. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread