OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Old Silver this is a modern cache hide. This one is in PA. $20K worth of gems and coins have been cached and clues given out. The cache story is based on a real location. part of it is coded. A map is given out also. There are several people on this already including me.

treasure hunter HCB.jpg Here's the one that hid it.

O

Old Silver

Old Silver this is a modern cache hide. This one is in PA. $20K worth of gems and coins have been cached and clues given out. The cache story is based on a real location. part of it is coded. A map is given out also. There are several people on this already including me.

View attachment 1296660 Here's the one that hid it.

Yeah, I know. Just couldn't resist.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not sure why F is trying to spook everyone, talking about needing good equipment ( he said himself he didn't think it was buried), and the bears are just a fact of life in the woods. Generally speaking they fear us more than we fear them. And to talk of cold and rattlers in the same sentence is just plain wrong. And as for the clues being vague, F has also claimed to have put an "X" right on top of the cache, again citing the clues as putting him there. Not bad for vague clues.

The clues are many, and come from different angles. Some clues lead to other clues, and the hunt is a good mixture of success and frustration that keeps you on point and in the game. You also will establish some comradeship among other hunters. You will also get a charge out of looking at clues and finding something new every time you look at them. This hunt IS for real, and it doesn't take a genius, just perseverance, and the desire for discovery. You will learn new and interesting historical facts long lost to progress, and even walk away with the satisfaction that you found facts nobody else has.

And if you make the effort, you get to travel and you meet new like minded people who share a common vision and will.

I am one of the hunters myself, and can honestly say it is anyone's game for the latest cache. There are more around the country hidden in the same fashion, so if you aren't close to the PA one, then there are others around the country. There is potential for another hunt up north of me associated with another ghost town, but the idea has just been introduced.

Come see!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yes, there are app. 10 caches placed already and more to come. The one that was found is being replaced by another cache in the same area.
The thing holding up the swamp cache find is the reverse global warming we are experiencing. The road to the cache area is dirt and it has been raining a lot and the prediction is for 2 days of snow.

Some one has been hot on the Virginia cache in the skyline Drive area, but the weather has put a damper on that one too.

The Wolf Run cache in PA will be replaced shortly.

When the weather breaks, I expect to see some action starting.

I am surprised there are not many more looking for these $20K caches. Maybe the old cache hunters are the only ones left.

Good luck for those looking !! Frank

Maybe it's just beyond that tree. Get that Au?
tree trunk bark.jpg

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 163. When bears are hungry, they do not fear people, because people are free tasting food. When I see bears running at me, I am not thinking that they are afraid of me and stop running toward me. A shotgun will stop the biggest bears, and they are also good tasting free food. You can also use bear rugs.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 163. When bears are hungry, they do not fear people, because people are free tasting food. When I see bears running at me, I am not thinking that they are afraid of me and stop running toward me. A shotgun will stop the biggest bears, and they are also good tasting free food. You can also use bear rugs.

Well rest assured that you will never be attacked by a hungry zombie.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Got a bear rug already, taken down with a .270 Winchester. I remember this one like it was yesterday, as the bear did what every other bear I have seen do; it ran away, uphill. I hit it from behind and the round went all the way through and came out his right front paw area. Man that .270 is a great bear gun.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes, there are app. 10 caches placed already and more to come. The one that was found is being replaced by another cache in the same area.
The thing holding up the swamp cache find is the reverse global warming we are experiencing. The road to the cache area is dirt and it has been raining a lot and the prediction is for 2 days of snow.

Some one has been hot on the Virginia cache in the skyline Drive area, but the weather has put a damper on that one too.

The Wolf Run cache in PA will be replaced shortly.

When the weather breaks, I expect to see some action starting.

I am surprised there are not many more looking for these $20K caches. Maybe the old cache hunters are the only ones left.

Good luck for those looking !! Frank

Maybe it's just beyond that tree. Get that Au?
View attachment 1296921

tree trunk bark.jpg

Nope! Not just behind that tree Frank. Well, the picture of a black birch, taken at some other time of year for sure judging by the ferns and new growth, with a paved road/driveway in the background to boot. My guestimate, pic was taken around May or early June of last year. Also, considering you labeled the file "tree trunk bark", I doubt you had any cache in mind. You're funny!!!! I like photo analysis almost as much as I like codes and computers! Guess maybe that's why my boss JB keeps me around. :headbang:

Oh, and do you really think the Virginia cache is still there, in my other back yard?!?! Again, you're too too funny!

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well rest assured that you will never be attacked by a hungry zombie.

You are wrong my friend. Tell that to the many hungry zombies who was chasing me out of a ghost town in the West, with a camp fire going already. I out ran them, or I would not be writing these comments.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
You are wrong my friend. Tell that to the many hungry zombies who was chasing me out of a ghost town in the West, with a camp fire going already. I out ran them, or I would not be writing this comments.

LOL, I bet they were Saxon Zombies wearing tunics and carrying satchels!!!

:hello: blast from the past.

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

No, bears are also herbivores, (most of the time). They also will feed on grubs, animal carcases, honey, saplings, and "easy" meals wayyyy before they will attack a living animal. Fish are about the only exception. Bears are not built for chasing down prey, nor are they inclined to do so. "Free" to a bear means easy. Facing a fellow predator is not easy. Now try taking it's food away and that's another story, but it won't attack you because it is hungry..... it just wants you away from it's food...same as if you were another Bear. But it would rather continue eating than chase you all around.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

LOL, I bet they were Saxon Zombies wearing tunics and carrying satchels!!!

:hello: blast from the past.
Trust me, my friend. I did not have the time to take a good look. Next time, if I have the time, I will take pictures and show them here. Always good to hear from you.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Let me guess HS, the zombies looked like some Old Grand-dad, and some guys named Bud Weiser, Johnnie Walker, Remy Martin, and Jimmy Beam, and one Blue Nun.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, I got the battery problem fixed and the water pump problem fixed, now maybe the swamp is in view.
Untitled-2.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If the rain stops before noon on Sat, I will be up there for a couple of days with blue.
Untitled-1.jpg

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Happy hunting and good luck!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It is rough up there. I could only get to within 1.5 miles of the search site. The (road) is narrow, grooved and some of the grooves are filled with water. You need a 4X4 pickup or a jeep to get all the way in. A friend with a 4X4 Ram came up and took me the rest of the way in. The place is covered with about a foot of pine needles. It will be quite a while before this one is found. Good luck to all who seek it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's awesome Frank that you got that close!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread