jedimole

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
ETrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every year I reset my Etrac and reload my modes and patterns because frankly, I don't get how they work. Well, I know how patterns work, but I'm always confused about how a Pattern gets attached to a mode! I'm a pattern fan and while in the hunt I may change the sensitivity and that's when I notice did I combine something, am I just using a pattern with the last mode? Ah **** now I'm confused.

I have Andys S's book and I have a lot of notes but I'm still not sure when I move a pattern to a mode and vice versa. Does anybody have a good video or tips and understanding something that should be simple?!

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Me??? I'm just waiting to see the responses. Like you, I load and use patterns (Have 6 on my machine)...but have never understood what "Modes" are for or do...UNLESS they are imbedded, Minelab E-Trac patterns????????? Hope someone can explain in "layman's" terms and you and I benefit from their expertise. :headbang:

coin pirate

Feb 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote am I just using a pattern with the last mode? end quote

Yes...Patterns save whatever your settings were when you last used the machine.

pattern is just the discrimination pattern, while mode is the pattern and settings (sens, tones, deep & fast settings, etc.)

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
quote am I just using a pattern with the last mode? end quote

Yes...Patterns save whatever your settings were when you last used the machine.

pattern is just the discrimination pattern, while mode is the pattern and settings (sens, tones, deep & fast settings, etc.)

Well...there you are! Thanks for the explanation. That makes - "YOU DA MAN"! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread