Mom wants a metal detector?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A number of you guys met her at the 2015 Tnet members outting, she's 81 now, going strong, lives in Florence, Oregon and wants a good all around detector for beach, parks, streams, desert... looking for coins, relics, jewlery on the beach mostly. I've been out of the loop living happily with my minelabs, so...
What would be a good all around multi-use detector for her?
Both on land and or partially in the water?

Upvote 6

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go with a Minelab Vanquish. Won't break the bank and the VDI numbers are larger than what you would get on a Simplex. At 2.5lbs it is also one of the lighter machines

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A number of you guys met her at the 2015 Tnet members outting, she's 81 now, going strong, lives in Florence, Oregon and wants a good all around detector for beach, parks, streams, desert... looking for coins, relics, jewlery on the beach mostly. I've been out of the loop living happily with my minelabs, so...

that was a good time. the camp pizza was great.

equinox 800 is on my wishlist

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello, tell your mom high 5 and good luck. Dig her targets for her if need be or recruit a kid so she can pass the suspense on to the next generation.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nokta Simplex, water proof to 10 feet submerged. Great value

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my Equinox 800, finds gold nuggets, finds lots of coins and jewelry, fully submersible, has nice wireless headphones that come with it (no signal lag), has a bit of a learning curve, but well worth the trouble to learn the machine for how it produces.

All the best Reed,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread