Monte de la Coronado Map

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A LDM researcher sent a map to me recently -- a map I had not seen before. The map has the words "Monte de la Coronado" on it. The map is presumed to be one of several maps given to Erwin Ruth, Adolph Ruth's son. The image of the map is very small and becomes pixelized when I enlarge it, making many of the words unreadable. It would be much appreciated if someone can provide a copy of the map that is readable. Any comments about the map's authenticity and what location it depicts would also be appreciated. This map has many features in common with the "Perfil Mapa" and its variations, but the features have been "flipped" left to right. It is different from the "Perfil Mapa" in that "South Sima" is depicted prominently, but "El Sombrero" is minimized. I believe "South Sima" should be spelled "South Cima," since it depicts something like a pinnacle, and "cima" is Spanish for "top." "Sima" is Spanish for "chasm."

Monte de la Coronado.jpg

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A LDM researcher sent a map to me recently -- a map I had not seen before. The map has the words "Monte de la Coronado" on it. The map is presumed to be one of several maps given to Erwin Ruth, Adolph Ruth's son. The image of the map is very small and becomes pixelized when I enlarge it, making many of the words unreadable. It would be much appreciated if someone can provide a copy of the map that is readable. Any comments about the map's authenticity and what location it depicts would also be appreciated. This map has many features in common with the "Perfil Mapa" and its variations, but the features have been "flipped" left to right. It is different from the "Perfil Mapa" in that "South Sima" is depicted prominently, but "El Sombrero" is minimized. I believe "South Sima" should be spelled "South Cima," since it depicts something like a pinnacle, and "cima" is Spanish for "top." "Sima" is Spanish for "chasm."

View attachment 1989284

This one is a truer depiction of the area than the perfil map. More straight forward. As I've indicated the perfil map is a 3D map that has to be folded to fully understand. Pic isnt the best but the best I have to show u. Can see the eagle head in it just as shown. If I was 500 ft to the left it would match better but I'm sure u get the idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-113740~2.png
    Screenshot_20211107-113740~2.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is a truer depiction of the area than the perfil map. More straight forward. As I've indicated the perfil map is a 3D map that has to be folded to fully understand. Pic isnt the best but the best I have to show u. Can see the eagle head in it just as shown. If I was 500 ft to the left it would match better but I'm sure u get the idea.
Try this one from https://i1.wp.com/www.thelostdutchm...loads/2018/08/Peters-Canyon-Needle.jpeg?w=627
If someone can find a clue which this image promts to the perfil mapa, then .... it's ok.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1989284
Skyhawk
I posted the same map in a thread about Adolph Ruth , but is the same dimension so wouldn't help you more if I will post it here.
The map you posted is a mixture of clues which Ruth has took from different maps and made a map which he believed is for the same place and contained what he believed or heard.
The translations in the map are somewhere half English with half Spanish, and in another mentions are written in English like the words are sound from Spanish. So a mixture of beans with ice cream, so to speak. To me the map as was made, is a complete BS, because the Eagle head landmark is elsewhere and is reversed in reality ( classic codes in Spanish/Mexican maps ) and this shows: 1) he was told the Perfil mapa should be reversed/mirrored but not the eagle head, and 2) he hadn't the knowledge to " read " a coded Spanish map.
One map which has depicted a clue about the eagle head's landmark ( its eye ) is " Cuenca de oro del Rio Salado del Norte ", maybe the first map made by a Peralta in the mid of 18th century.
Later in the mid of 19th century, used the name of " Ojo Aguila " for the Aylor's Arch, but is not the same with the " Ojo Aguilo " from the " Cuenca... " map.
Here is an aerial image of the Eagle head mound like it is in reality. I wonder if one of the "experts " of Superstition Mountains lore, knows about this landmark and where is located.

Attachments

• aguilo.jpg
    aguilo.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skyhawk
I posted the same map in a thread about Adolph Ruth , but is the same dimension so wouldn't help you more if I will post it here.
The map you posted is a mixture of clues which Ruth has took from different maps and made a map which he believed is for the same place and contained what he believed or heard.
The translations in the map are somewhere half English with half Spanish, and in another mentions are written in English like the words are sound from Spanish. So a mixture of beans with ice cream, so to speak. To me the map as was made, is a complete BS, because the Eagle head landmark is elsewhere and is reversed in reality ( classic codes in Spanish/Mexican maps ) and this shows: 1) he was told the Perfil mapa should be reversed/mirrored but not the eagle head, and 2) he hadn't the knowledge to " read " a coded Spanish map.
One map which has depicted a clue about the eagle head's landmark ( its eye ) is " Cuenca de oro del Rio Salado del Norte ", maybe the first map made by a Peralta in the mid of 18th century.
Later in the mid of 19th century, used the name of " Ojo Aguila " for the Aylor's Arch, but is not the same with the " Ojo Aguilo " from the " Cuenca... " map.
Here is an aerial image of the Eagle head mound like it is in reality. I wonder if one of the "experts " of Superstition Mountains lore, knows about this landmark and where is located.
Markmar, the eagle head is there. Just gotta see it. Maps are meant the be followed. No special mystery to solve. Most maps are straight forward. If the have to be manipulated then that's not the probable place. Key is where they drew the map from..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-165910~2.png
    Screenshot_20211107-165910~2.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skyhawk

And something else about S. Cima from Perfil mapa ( South Cima in the map above ). I believe the letter " S. " is not for south, because all the landmarks would been to the south if looking from the north. The only possibility the Cima to be to the south of El Sombrero, is to look from the east.
But IMHO the " S. " is for the word " Soledad ".

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar, the eagle head it there. Just gotta see it. Maps are meant the be followed. No special mystery to solve. Most maps are straight forward. If the have to be manipulated then that's not the probable place.
Doc, I would say , the most Spanish/Mexican maps have to be manipulated in regards to " see ' the real image.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc, I would say , the most Spanish/Mexican maps have to be manipulated in regards to " see ' the real image.
I have said before perfil map has to be bent. But most are straight forward. But all were meant to be found. Most think of too small of area. Gotta think big picture. Helps when u know the geological features of the land layout. Not a mine I'd go for. Too close. Too easy. Prob watched. But is fun to figure out. Figure out hidden valley then u will find the x marked in stones I've posted. Very interesting place and one hell of trek to get there. Best be able to spend some time to get to it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread