Montezumas Treasuire: An Essay

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehiker,

I saw that a while back. I remember when I first saw Josh Feldman, I started praying that he didn't start blathering about Waltz finding "Aztecan" Gold. When he said "I don't think so" I heaved a big sigh of relief! LOL

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same shaft Scott Wolter went down for his show.. guess it must be pretty close to the road and convenient for those crewpeople having to lug equipment there.
That "shaft" is the Mammoth Mine. The Feldman's own it now.

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike

To continue the Aztlan conversation we had in the " Challenge for Superstition gold " thread. I post here because it's the proper thread for this subject.
Here is a picture of Boturini codex which shows the Colhuacan location in regards to Aztlan.

Boturini codex.jpg

The Aztec " language " of the picture says:
There is a big island in a lake on which are living seven tribes {the six Calli (houses ) plus another one ( the dot ) } as one bigger tribe ( temple with cactus which has the origin in Colhuacan ). Also the Calli is a symbol for west, which could be for the island west in the lake, and for the Aztlan west from Colhuacan.
Now, the pregnant woman shows the place where their nation was born, the Colhuacan, the curved mountain with the large cave inside. And to go there, take the paddle boat to the east shore, and walk 14 days { 13 days is the symbol of the Tecpatl ( the doubled-edged dagger ) plus another one day ( the dot )}. Also the Tecpatl is a symbol for north, which could be to walk little to the north, and how the Colhuacan and the lake are north from Tenochtitlan. The Tecpatl is also a symbol for the eighteen trecena ( 13 days ) of the 20 ( two squares in the picture ) periods of the Tonalpohualli calendar. Here maybe a dagger with the number 18 could start to ring a bell to you, but this is not necessary yet.
Now, a 14 days walking trip from the Salton lake in a east by NE direction, with an average of 14 miles per day ( 4-5 hours of walking ), send someone to the Superstition Mountains of Arizona. Where else could be Colhuacan 14 days afar ?

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

Sorry, but we have to part ways here. LOL

Yes, that is a portion of the Codex Boturini, but your translation is COMPLETELY wrong.

First:
{ 13 days is the symbol of the Tecpatl ( the doubled-edged dagger ) plus another one day ( the dot )}.
What you have noted as a "Double-Edged Dagger" is actually the year "1 Flint" in the Aztec Calendar:

oneflint.JPG

"One Flint" is the first year of the Mexica/Aztec Journey from Azcatitla (Aztlan) in 1324 A.D.. The above image is from the Codex Tira Tepechpan. That Codex is a linear calendar of Mexica/Aztec History. It begins before the journey in 1298 A.D., and ends in 1596 A.D. Several of the dates at both the beginning and end of the Codex are missing (worn away).

Second:

What you identified as symbolizing the seven tribes is not too far off. The "DOT" has absolutely nothing to do with this. The seven tribes are the seven houses (buildings):
7tribes.JPG

There is ONE Ruling Tribe, and SIX Subordinate Tribes (one large temple/house and six smaller temples/houses)

I don't know how you managed to get a copy of that page of the Codex that has a line erased....but............... here is where the "DOT" comes in:
Your Pic........................................Every Other Pic of Codex
manwife.JPG
manwifeB.JPG

Okay, so here is what that part of the page means. This is a husband and wife. The husband is fully robed and sits on his ass, while his wife is behind him, and is on her knees. What you call a "DOT" is something attributable to her or her family. Maybe it is the symbol of her father who was a great warrior or nobility. Not enough detail to make out.
36c7ae44210c98e7bb8c8e6ec7457df8.jpg

Here is the actual full page from the Codex Boturini:
cf206c7503efdd842823498686dad5d0.jpg

..........and for those not familiar with Aztec/Maya Symbolism; The drawn footprints show the method and length of time/distance traveled:
journey.JPG

...........and these symbols
words.JPG

are spoken words. Maybe the God of the Underworld spoke to the Mexica King and told him to leave Azcatitla.

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike
Is there a difference between the two symbols or only me is who see it?
I believe are two different Aztec symbols, always IMHO.

Attachments

• Boturini codex.jpg
    Boturini codex.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 49
  • oneflint.JPG
    oneflint.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 50

Hunter J Flynn

Nov 11, 2012
Concho, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
sea turtle in middle and snapping turtle head and neck is bellow. Looks like an Aztec woman in other pic. Spanish and Aztec in the same canyon at different times.

Attachments

• sea turtle.jpg
    sea turtle.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 30

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread