Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I awoke this morning with two all-pervasive thoughts running through my mind.... first off that I haven't found any old coins for a while and second that the guy I metal detected with yesterday morning mentioned that after our club's annual seeded hunt last week a few detectorists returned and 'got all the rest' that the club members missed during the original hunt. Thinking that they probably didn't find all of them I went this afternoon with my 5x8 coil and picked around the rainbird sprinkler heads which tend to mask shallow coin signals when using a big coil and found a few goodies. I didn't dig them at a period site but at least I saved them from the next lawn mowing which is very soon because the grass is very high. Lots of mid-tones overlooked. Thanks for looking. Have a great week hunting all you lucky retired people, be out there again next weekend trying to finally get onto our clubs' gold claim. Take care.

Attachments

• goodies.JPG
    goodies.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 166
Upvote 11

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding!!!! I’ve always wanted to do that

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding!!!! I’ve always wanted to do that
thank you for the support, have to admit I feel like I cheated but hey we all got the jones to dig in here and you gotta get your fix somehow...good luck hunting & take care Joe (great movie btw love the firecracker tirade)

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They left you a lot! Congrats!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should go around a few tech billionaire neighborhoods and get one of them to join the MD club. Then they can hide a few gold sovereigns in the feild since it's just pocket change to them. Maybe get a really generous one to bury a solid gold Egyptian sarcophagus of a previously unknown Pharoah.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice clean up job.
That sould help take care of the itch.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Someone should go around a few tech billionaire neighborhoods and get one of them to join the MD club. Then they can hide a few gold sovereigns in the feild since it's just pocket change to them. Maybe get a really generous one to bury a solid gold Egyptian sarcophagus of a previously unknown Pharoah.
I like it, get a Telluride based patreon to supply fifty dollar gold slugs for field hunts! That sarcophagus comment reminds me of those old Zork text adventure games when I think of solid gold sarcophagi being somehow hauled up a well by one dude with an old rope trying not to be eaten by a Grue because his lantern runs out of juice

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I awoke this morning with two all-pervasive thoughts running through my mind.... first off that I haven't found any old coins for a while and second that the guy I metal detected with yesterday morning mentioned that after our club's annual seeded hunt last week a few detectorists returned and 'got all the rest' that the club members missed during the original hunt. Thinking that they probably didn't find all of them I went this afternoon with my 5x8 coil and picked around the rainbird sprinkler heads which tend to mask shallow coin signals when using a big coil and found a few goodies. I didn't dig them at a period site but at least I saved them from the next lawn mowing which is very soon because the grass is very high. Lots of mid-tones overlooked. Thanks for looking. Have a great week hunting all you lucky retired people, be out there again next weekend trying to finally get onto our clubs' gold claim. Take care.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread