More at Matanzas

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Ok folks. I have the stuff I found, most of it, and most of the stuff Sapper found at Matanzas. I asked him first if he wanted me to post the pics here that I took and he said it was ok.

I am just going to put up one picture with all of them together instead of a bunch of pictures as that tends to make the length of the post drag out and I still havent quite mastered the sizing / editing thing yet to make them look really good.

anyways, here they are. Sapper found some really good stuff, I found well.... ok stuff.. as you can see.

The small copper coin I found is still cleaning, it was really crapped out, but getting better.

Aaron

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 632

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Congradulations on finding some really cool stuff.Looks like you've found
a great hunting spot.I'm envious.Hope you have many more productive
hunts.Thanks for the pics.HH Joe

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like my Christmas wish list. Congrats on an awesome hunt.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
I bet you had a lot of fun out there. Nice finds.

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
Shiver me timbers!, more booty at Matanzas Inlet! ;)

Arrrrrr...this is very nice!

I recon you mates are finding this stuff in sandbar... :-X

Have you had any run-ins with the park rangers over there? When i called the park i was told that metal detecting was not allowed except north of the beach entrance toward the condos. I need to hook up with you guys.

anyway good luck mateys!

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Thanks everyone,

It was a good day, Aaron found a great fine with a 1605 to 1609 "2" Maravedie!!!
right off, another spanish civilian button. I'm still working on a date with the spanish cloth seal:
right now dates between : 1580 to 1590 : the crest, half gone, one letter " R" still somewhat
cleaning, and more research!! never ending story. there's booty out-there, go get it!! ;D

good luck to all,
Sapper

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
Me limited knowledge of the state law is that water finds within 3 miles of the coast belong to the state unless you got a lease. The beach is the one place where you can keep what you find. But the state can take away that booty too by declaring the area protected if historical value is assessed.

Don't go to Matanzas with detector and scuba gear or you may be asking for trouble. That whole area is protected so watch out mates!

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Arrrrrr....

Always follow the code: Finder Keepers!!
and the state can't take anything, if you find it under the law " Mean high and mean low "

mateys

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
sapper mate,

can ya post some pics of yer booty?it sound kinda fishy to this old mate. ;)

V

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
well old mate,

There's nothing fishy. everything in the photo above; was caught in the sand, or mudd!
by Ascholten, and myself in the area. I have nothing to prove, or hide anything. Ascholten wanted post
the photo. I said, go ahead. I'm sorry you can't find anything in the area. do some research, you will find
there was alot of history there, and along the beach's: everything on the internet, and library.

Good luck hunting, sapper

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
Ahoey mates!

seen no postings lately? the diggin must be gooooooooood! :D

sapper mate been busy...post some pics of yer booty. where ye been?

arrrrrrr........

V

OP
OP
A

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Been real busy vulcan. Work is taking wayyyy too much of my time. Did get out for some accessable by land detecting, found some stuff, nothing to really write home about though.

Went fishing tuesday, caught some fish early on and came in. My detector went tits up on me so it's on the way back to the whites factory for repairs, I doubt ill see it by this weekend so maybe next weekend Ill have some goodies to report to you.

Take care everyone.

Aaron

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Vulcan007,

Had to go up north HHsc, OBX. Holiday thing ;D I'm hoping to get
out this week. between fishing, and flying stretching thin..... I have an area i'm study
now. see what happends.

Good Hunting,
Sapper

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
Ahoy sappa and aaren mateys!

aye me been doin some resirch too... ;)

sappar what birdy ya flying? me seen some birdies checkin tha areas if ya know what i mean...

fair winds fellas and bring lot of booty!

V

OP
OP
A

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Went out a bit today, borrowed a friends detector. Found several new places to check out. One of them looks very promising, the other I will need to wait for a higher tide to get into, it's just too shallow otherwise and I don't like leaving mud roosters if I can help it. Checked into a few more places as well.

Overall it was an OK day. I didn't find anything of significance really, did find a sounding weight, one of those lead things that looks like a big fishing weight. One of the other individuals who went with me found a nice spike and another individual found a small bit of flashing. A bit of sand washed into one of the regular haunts so not much was found there, hopefully it clears out fairly soon.

All in all, a day on the water beats any day at work anytime, it was a beautiful day out and i needed to enjoy it before this cold front comes through later on in the week and throws the temps down to the lower 20's.

Aaron

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
V007,

Arrrrrr matey. Fly an Black / OD green OH 58D: no doors and strip-out, but it has
a few other goodies inside.. long travel week ..

good hunting, Sapper

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
ahoy mates!

hey sappa,
was them ya fellas at the beach? did ya git booty?

"Black / OD green OH 58D"
me seen that birdy around...did ya git some fishies? :-X

V

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread