Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weatherman said nice today then.....nothing but crap this weekend. Soooooo....I decided on a walk today.

Still not a lot to write home about but rather enjoyable walk.

0311221948~2.jpg

Enough to keep things interesting. Just getting soooooooo bored when every time I dig a good signal and it turns out to be a clad quarter! Even in an old cornfield!?!?!?
:dontknow:

On the plus side?

0311221946a~2.jpg

Just a simple silver ring. But, anyone who does this hobby in cornfields knows just how rare it is to find *any* rings, per se. So, to find this one, silver, looks old and most of all? To look around me at the miles of ground where I might have been walking, instead of right over this pretty ring?

Makes it pretty special to me.

Anyhoo....
Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 10

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Going to see you getting some detecting time and being rewarded.
The ring looks like it has some age to it, congrats.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weatherman said nice today then.....nothing but crap this weekend. Soooooo....I decided on a walk today.

Still not a lot to write home about but rather enjoyable walk.

View attachment 2015034
Enough to keep things interesting. Just getting soooooooo bored when every time I dig a good signal and it turns out to be a clad quarter! Even in an old cornfield!?!?!?
:dontknow:

On the plus side?

View attachment 2015036
Just a simple silver ring. But, anyone who does this hobby in cornfields knows just how rare it is to find *any* rings, per se. So, to find this one, silver, looks old and most of all? To look around me at the miles of ground where I might have been walking, instead of right over this pretty ring?

Makes it pretty special to me.

Anyhoo....
Thanks for peeking!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work whadi.....we only have beaches here and no fields....in fact im embarrassed to say I've never swung a machine in a field of any sort. Its on the bucket list.....congrats on the corn field silver ring !!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work whadi.....we only have beaches here and no fields....in fact im embarrassed to say I've never swung a machine in a field of any sort. Its on the bucket list.....congrats on the corn field silver ring !!
Ya know, Bart? If one is doing it for the $$$. The beaches are the place to be. But, I've always been a coinshooter. I did water for a while. In fact, I was one of the first actual "in the water hunters with a detector" on the east coast. I loved finding the rings and the $$$! But I had one draw back that just turned me off. I used to find a *lot* of wonderfully old silver coins! Even silver dollars!! But, again, what time and the water does to silver coins is a crime!

On land, most times, silver coins come out like they went in, a lovely thing to see shining up from a plug!

To each their own. Money has its place, nice to have, makes living easier. Still, my love for uncovering those beautiful coins wins out for me. :)

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread