Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had some rain again last night so I headed back to the lot where I've been getting all the silvers lately. Went extra slow and kicked lots of rocks around but managed seven more silvers!
A '48 quarter, '40, '54, '57 and '64 dimes, a sterling ring, a sterling love pendant, a Havre, MT grad pendant, a brass ring and a navy button sums up the finds.
IMG_4854.jpeg
IMG_4856.jpeg

The love pendants says "I'll never stop loving you" and has green, amber and red stones like a traffic light (hard to see the colors in the pic). What a strange piece.
The sterling ring was smashed almost flat, but straightened out well. The navy button was a 2-piece but I only got the front.

As usual, the finds here tend to be pretty beat up, but still a hoot to find!
IMG_4853.jpeg

Upvote 32

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had some rain again last night so I headed back to the lot where I've been getting all the silvers lately. Went extra slow and kicked lots of rocks around but managed seven more silvers!
A '48 quarter, '40, '54, '57 and '64 dimes, a sterling ring, a sterling love pendant, a Havre, MT grad pendant, a brass ring and a navy button sums up the finds.
View attachment 2075351 View attachment 2075352

The love pendants says "I'll never stop loving you" and has green, amber and red stones like a traffic light (hard to see the colors in the pic). What a strange piece.
The sterling ring was smashed almost flat, but straightened out well. The navy button was a 2-piece but I only got the front.

View attachment 2075353
You didn't just kick rocks, but kicked up a good day of recoveries. Congrats
No coppers?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've seen some old defunct drive in movie theaters here and there and always wondered if they might be a good place to detect. Most were just paved with gravel.
We tried a few way back when in the late 70's. Never knew a machine could beep so many times in a such a small area.
Now with bottle cap reject it might be an option once again.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We tried a few way back when in the late 70's. Never knew a machine could beep so many times in a such a small area.
Yeah it would be a haven for junk I guess. I sure did enjoy those times, when the best idea for a date was to take her to see a scary movie at a drive-in theater.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah it would be a haven for junk I guess. I sure did enjoy those times, when the best idea for a date was to take her to see a scary movie at a drive-in theater.
Never remembered what feature was playing. Doubles were good, marathon summer movie all nighter's were great.
Ah a very distant memory of fun.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2075353
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything is in pretty nice condition for being in a gravel lot.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen some old defunct drive in movie theaters here and there and always wondered if they might be a good place to detect. Most were just paved with gravel.
I would think they'd be a great spot to hunt!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't just kick rocks, but kicked up a good day of recoveries. Congrats
No coppers?
Yeah, I got 6 wheats but they were really crappy looking, hard to date even.
The cool thing about this lot is there really isn't many caps or tabs.

Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2075353
Good job! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread